can i form squadrons??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bik
x3

can i form squadrons??

Post by Bik » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 21:17

I just bought a batch of TS's and id like to comand them all with just one instruction, is there a way to group them?? also usefull to command my fighter battalions on later stages
la·zy Pronunciation Key (lz)
adj. la·zi·er, la·zi·est

1. Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
2. Slow-moving; sluggish.
3. Conducive to idleness or indolence:

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 21:33

You can command all but one to follow one leader ship, then give the travel commands to that one. But stay out of the sector or they might collide. Better, if you have a lot, is to have several leaders commanded to follow one other. Or just command the several yourself. :)

You can also give group commands (unless I am just thinking about X2) of "All TS ships in sector", etc.

If you have a large ship that shows Patrol commands, then you can assign the small ships as followers and have the patrol ship go to your sector. That controls them better. I am not sure this can be done with TS ships in X3, though.

There can be collisions, though, if there are a lot in one place. So you might want to send them a few at a time, spaced out. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 21:36

Best you can do with TS's is to have everyone follow someone else. Then you give a command to the leader, and the others will follow. Short of a player-made script, anyway. Set it so all the TS's follow one ship, and then give them all the same formation in the command menu. If all have jumpdrives and energy, they should even jump together, more or less. Note: Shift-J doesn't work for this; you'd need to use the command menu to initiate any mass jumps.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Bik
x3

Post by Bik » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 22:12

Ok guys tanks for the tips :)
la·zy Pronunciation Key (lz)
adj. la·zi·er, la·zi·est

1. Resistant to work or exertion; disposed to idleness.
2. Slow-moving; sluggish.
3. Conducive to idleness or indolence:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”