mobile drilling

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lancasterj2
x3

mobile drilling

Post by lancasterj2 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 14:19

mobile drilling is it worth it , because i just spend money on a new ship and a moblie drilling system and ore colector and a minral scanner. but was it worth spendin all that money? and any tips or hints about drilling

Sir_William
x3

Post by Sir_William » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 14:29

In X3 you will have a hard time to earn "quick" money (compared to X2).

It is rather important to destroy asteroids within a limited and rather small area, down to collectable rocks. This is due to problems for the AP ("Collect rocks in sector...") to sometimes collect the rocks if there are too many obstacles (non-collectable debris) in the way.

One of the biggest differences from X2 is that you must often shot three
or four times (on the debris from the asteroids) to get the right size on the rocks.
Sir William Williamson
Professional Magnate
Combat Ace 1st Grade

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 14:31

Don't waste your time collecting the ore yourself, and don't sit in sector and watch your ships.

Mobile mining is a low cost way of making money, the kit should only set you back about 500k and there is no further cost (unles you fit a jumpdrive)

You only need the mining laser to break up the big asteroids, after that, any weapon can be used to break them up further. Once the asteroids are sufficiently broken down (you can see they are a more yellowy colour) you can collect them like you would cargo. If you have the special command software, you can command a ship to do this and leave it, otherwise it can be quite a long process to do yourself.

A couple more tips, I use the remote monitor control to get the ship in position and to fire the mining laser. I then use a normal fighter to break up the rocks further (PSGs are good for this, but make sure your freighter and other ships are out of range). Then I leave two or three ships collecting the rocks. I then go back occasionally with my fighter (to break up more rocks) a dolphin with a jumpdrive (to collect the rocks from these ships and sell the goods). Free money!
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

lancasterj2
x3

Post by lancasterj2 » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 16:53

is there a way to get it to do it while i am in a different ship? so i can left it and come to it later and it will still be doing it?

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Sun, 6. Aug 06, 19:07

You would have to use a script to have it all done for you - check out the script forum

st031976
x3

Post by st031976 » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 19:21

I bought a "Tanker" with special software MK1 and a mining collector. then i said to him - collect all minerals - while i sit in my "Buster" equipped with beta PBK and mineral scanner - shooting the rocks small enough that the Tanker can collect them. if the rocks small enough - they glow white when hit. works fast and efficient.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”