Annoyed at TP class ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alfred Bester
x3tc

Annoyed at TP class ships

Post by Alfred Bester » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 10:59

Once in a while I get 'Tour of the Universe' BBS missions. Unfortunately, when I get those, I'm nowhere near a TS class vessel to take them and they can't be fitted with jumpdrives.

TS vessels can also only take on S containers -heaven knows why- so you can't fit any usefull goodies on them, like triplex scanners or jumpdrives. Why is this so? Why was it decided to on purpose destroy the useability of these class of ships?

I can understand why some very fast, thus small and light ships only allow S containers, but for TS which is a transporter it doesn't make any sense!

Does anyone know how I can hack the game to allow them to take larger cargo containers? Or where to get one that already has one?
I do not require communication!

apricotslice
x4

Re: Annoyed at TP class ships

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 11:03

Alfred Bester wrote:Does anyone know how I can hack the game to allow them to take larger cargo containers? Or where to get one that already has one?
Read my Modding 101 Guide. Off the link in my sig.

Thta has all you need for a minor modification like this. The cargo size is 1 value, you just select a higher one.

Alfred Bester
x3tc

Post by Alfred Bester » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 11:29

Mod 101 Guide wrote:X3 is a great game, but my biggest annoyance with it, is that all the decisions have been made for you to an over-the-top degree, and all you are left with, decision wise, is a choice of which is worse.
You take the words right out of my heart! Thanks for this guide and your other mods & info, it will definatly help me :)

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 12:04

There are Hauler variants of TP ships available, these can take larger container sizes and can do the Tour of Lifetime missions etc. You have to look around for them though, i know you can get the Boron Manta (think thats its name) from the shipyard in Dark Waters, i think. There is also a Toucan Hauler as well.

Alfred Bester
x3tc

Post by Alfred Bester » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 12:54

Hey you're right!

I once scanned one and saw it had L class. When I bought one it only had S. Now I know its the hauler variation... thanks

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 14:04

Where can you find Toucan Haulers. the biggest mistake i made was to sell that freebie toucan hauler. now i cant find toucan haulers or bigger argon express TP ships anywhere. :cry:
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”