(X3) System Override Software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Unknown_Terror
x4

(X3) System Override Software

Post by Unknown_Terror » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 13:43

Hi everyone, i just Wasted 600k on that stupid software only to realise it's illegal....Should have read the manual, but i heard that theres a script for a legal version....can someone post me a link please.
You Can Live A Perfectly Normal Life, If You Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 13:45

Its in the scripting forum sticky thread, now called Cycrows Claims software.

As far as I'm concerned its a must have, even at the price he charges.

Cap from 5km away, map it to a key or joystick button and the whole thing is one press. So easy, and how it aught to have been done.

Unknown_Terror
x4

Post by Unknown_Terror » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 13:50

Ahhh nice one...thanks for the quick reply dude.

Edit: Well i looked through about 12 pages of Scripts and mods for X3 on the forum page....but i can't find it...I don't wanna spend most of the day looking for it...

does anyone just know the link to it?

Cheers

Edit:
Found it!!!!
Last edited by Unknown_Terror on Mon, 7. Aug 06, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
You Can Live A Perfectly Normal Life, If You Accept The Fact That Life Will Never Be Normal.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 14:03

apricotslice wrote:Cap from 5km away, map it to a key or joystick button and the whole thing is one press. So easy, and how it aught to have been done.
With immensely furious Xenon battle fleet at your tail, white blasts of gamma photon pulses already departing from the muzzles, you ponder if you can slide next to abandoned ship, jump out, do the claim, climb back inside your cockpit, and even tell both ships to fly evasively before something hits the fan. Or just press the button. Difficult choices. :wink:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 14:05

jlehtone wrote:
apricotslice wrote:Cap from 5km away, map it to a key or joystick button and the whole thing is one press. So easy, and how it aught to have been done.
With immensely furious Xenon battle fleet at your tail, white blasts of gamma photon pulses already departing from the muzzles, you ponder if you can slide next to abandoned ship, jump out, do the claim, climb back inside your cockpit, and even tell both ships to fly evasively before something hits the fan. Or just press the button. Difficult choices. :wink:
No choice at all ! :)

Lead the enemy away from the cap, cap it right on 5km away, and immediately send it in the opposite direction hopefully out the nearest gate with nothing near it.

Unkillable Cat
x3tc

Post by Unkillable Cat » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 14:54

Got to say thanks as this helps me too!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 15:41

click on the link in my signature

Unknown_Terror
x4

Post by Unknown_Terror » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 16:44

Yup got it Thanks dude, that EMP thing span me out a bit, but i realised now, to change it to 09.dat/.cab as before i overwrited 07/08.dat in my directory and realised the game doesnt work anymore hehehe, but i made a backup before i did this....Phew...

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 16:58

Ah, so THAT'S what that override software does. I think I'll have to get me some of that (and the script to make it legal) 8)

C.G. Crastinus
x2

Post by C.G. Crastinus » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 23:21

I grabbed the new version of the script installer (new to using scripts) and installed a few scripts i thought might be interesting. They all appeared to install without problem and the installer says they are enabled, yet when i enter the game none of them seem to be working.

Any thoughts on this? Hope i dont have to start a new game or anything.. crossing my fingers against that notion.
On the Plains of Pharsalus, June 29th, 48 B.C.
Caesar
"What hopes for victory, Gaius Crastinus? What grounds for encouragement?"

Centurion Crastinus
"Victory will be yours, Caesar. You will conquer gloriously today."

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 23:33

you need the script editor enabled, check the scripting and modding forum for more details

C.G. Crastinus
x2

Post by C.G. Crastinus » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 23:35

Excellent, many thanks to you sir.
On the Plains of Pharsalus, June 29th, 48 B.C.
Caesar
"What hopes for victory, Gaius Crastinus? What grounds for encouragement?"

Centurion Crastinus
"Victory will be yours, Caesar. You will conquer gloriously today."

Unknown_Terror
x4

Post by Unknown_Terror » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 02:17

Do you know where i can buy this software once i installed the script?

I had a look in some equipment docks and a pirate base but i can't find it

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 02:34

either pirate bases or teladi equipment docks, depends on the version you installed

Unknown_Terror
x4

Post by Unknown_Terror » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 02:50

Ahh, well maybe it isnt working...I enabled script editor....do i have to load it aswell? I did exactly what it says on the post, like install EMP. But i don't know...perhaps something went brokered

Edit: it's noprolem i downloaded system override software mk2 and it seems to work...so thanks for the great script man

droleander

Post by droleander » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 04:47

that's something that's kinda disappointing that it's even in the game... I mean c'mon, how come the pirates don't use it then? It made me happy that there were no user-centric super ships, the whole universe is essentially equal, oh except for that piece of software that makes you invincible and only you can use

droleander

Post by droleander » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 04:48

that's something that's kinda disappointing that it's even in the game... I mean c'mon, how come the pirates don't use it then? It made me happy that there were no user-centric super ships, the whole universe is essentially equal, oh except for that piece of software that makes you practically invincible and only you can use

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 04:52

it doesn't really make u invicible

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 05:18

How does it make you invincible ? Its a tool to make like a little easier, nothing more.

And yes, there should actually be NPC traders acting as salvage merchants out there claiming abandonned ships. It would mean you ahve to do it pretty quickly before some Teladi turned up and pinched it from you. But the game doesnt have that, but thats not our fault.

SBDeadly

Post by SBDeadly » Tue, 27. Dec 11, 07:37

Just a note, you can reclaim your lost 600K by capping a fighter, adding the software to it and then selling them both at the shipyard.

I had bought the SOS back when I played TC a couple years ago and then once again coming back to it with AP... DOH, only thiis time I figured out how to get my money back :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”