System override Software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

anthony clark
x3ap

System override Software

Post by anthony clark » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:29

Hi this may be a stupid question but how do u activate this software, I can't find it in preferences in game or in the manual. I have the software on one of my wingmen and i transport it over to my ship - but can't find an entry in the keys list in preferences.
Can anyone help me!!!!
:evil: :evil:

Thanx
Tony

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:31

its for claimng abandoned ships.

it works the same as the normal way you just dont have to get out your cockpit, target the ship get really close and the option to claim should appear

anthony clark
x3ap

Post by anthony clark » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:35

kk thanx
A quick response.
I thought u could target a ship still with a pilot and take it from him.
hmmm not really worth 601000 credits me thinks.

thanx
Tony

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:37

Cycrow wrote:its for claimng abandoned ships.

it works the same as the normal way you just dont have to get out your cockpit, target the ship get really close and the option to claim should appear
just be carefull, the police, they don't like you having them and will shoot to kill if you refuse to drop it when they scan you, that goes for your wingmen too as far as i know!

i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong :-)
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
think, trade, fight, build, explore,
but most of all learn

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:43

IMO the device is useful if you capture in hostile sectors. If you get scanned (doesn't happen in hostile sectors - usually) then immediately stop and go EVA for a minute or so.

Cheers Euclid

anthony clark
x3ap

Post by anthony clark » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:45

i don't think the police scan the wingmen mine have weed and space fuel regular dropped from pirates. I think they just scan ure own ship.

Tony

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:51

euclid wrote:IMO the device is useful if you capture in hostile sectors. If you get scanned (doesn't happen in hostile sectors - usually) then immediately stop and go EVA for a minute or so.

Cheers Euclid
EVA in a xenon sector..... :o

good luck to you staying alive long!
how ever your right, not many police in hostile sectors so not really a problem.
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
but most of all learn

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:53

anthony clark wrote:i don't think the police scan the wingmen mine have weed and space fuel regular dropped from pirates. I think they just scan ure own ship.

Tony
they have killed many of my ship for having weed onboard (X2) not 100% sure about X3 however,

will have to investigate :D
X-3
but most of all learn

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 20:03

In X2 police will scan and attack npc ships carrying illegal goods.

In X3 they're supposed to but there's a bug in the script engine that means they only catch you.

Blackknight8x
xr

Post by Blackknight8x » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 20:07

moggy2 wrote:In X2 police will scan and attack npc ships carrying illegal goods.

In X3 they're supposed to but there's a bug in the script engine that means they only catch you.

wohoo... come to me my fellow weed heads :lol:

is this going to be fixed with the "x" pantion....please say no, please say no :D
X-3
but most of all learn

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 21:09

moggy2 wrote:In X2 police will scan and attack npc ships carrying illegal goods.

you sure ?
looking through the scan patrol scripts, it works like any patrol, with the addition of scanning player ships, if a pirate ship is found, then it attacks them, althou it doesn't actaully sann them, they just assume there hostile and attack.

however, what they dont do is scan any non hostile ships, like your other ships that might have illegeal cargo

Diogo Marzo
x3tc

Post by Diogo Marzo » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 03:50

Nope, they don't scan any player owned ship that the player doesn't happen to be in. Keep slaves, weed, whiskey, spaceflies and whatever else you want in any ship but the one you're flying and you're fine. X3 seems to have far less attention to detail than X2. It's got many improvements but so far... what am I going off about? Nevermind. Just know that they won't scan any of your ships other than the one you're in. I've gone 14 game days w/out seta in my game and my own traders sell space fuel regularly and NEVER has one been scanned or harassed other than by ungrateful pirates :evil: .

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 04:49

not sure the relevence of x2 ?

but the scanning is the same as it was in X2, they didn't scan your other ships in x2, so how can X3 be worse with this ?

Slonor

Post by Slonor » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 05:23

Is it really true that this is a bug and not a feature? That's pretty sad. Even though it gives you an advantange, now that I know it is a bug, it feels like the game is crippled or something.

MAD_COMMANDER
x3ap

Post by MAD_COMMANDER » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 06:49

Slonor wrote:Is it really true that this is a bug and not a feature? That's pretty sad. Even though it gives you an advantange, now that I know it is a bug, it feels like the game is crippled or something.
It aint a bug! and this is a System overdrive software thread we all seam to be getting of topic here :D

EDIT: Overdrive? hmmmmm i think that was ment to be overide... ride now theres soming i don't know so much about since the purchase of X3 :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”