XOU, Will it have new ships/new stations/ and will the bigs consist on this as well?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kuroishinkan

XOU, Will it have new ships/new stations/ and will the bigs consist on this as well?

Post by Kuroishinkan » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 17:03

I just want to say a few things.

Yes there will be PVP so what? Its not like over half of the XOU players will say, "allright lets go PVPing for profit", and EGOSOFT, will probably set up a program where you cannot PVP in certain secters like Argon prime, Or any other of the MAIN secters or SUB-MAIN secters, And I agree, EGOSOFT DONT MAKE IT A PAY FOR PLAY, Your puplic will then decress and stop playing Or paying ONCE for any of the X series games.
Just alittle warning cause only like 1 year ago a small game named Taldec 4(Space sim) Went online, the company which named the game went bankrupt 18 months later.
=/ not a good idea to put a VERY GOOD game such as X3: Reunion(Although theres bugs) on the line for a pay to play system. :evil:

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 17:11

Erm, the proposed MMO is in early pre-pre-pre-alpha stages, in effect, still in concept. It's not expected to arrive, if at all, for many many years.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 17:24

PvP = Player vs Player

Earth calling spaceship Kuroishinkan - please switch to a difference frequency, your communications array seems to be malfunctioning in this one.

8)
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Joshua_Dahl
x3

Post by Joshua_Dahl » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 17:31

nice pre-emptive argument. I disagree that certain sectors should be 'off limits' though. I think you should just get penalized for attacking someone who is allied with the rce in their sector.

For example: I am an argon citizen and you attack me in argon prime. The argon military gets mad and you lose rep and possibly get attacked in response. This would keep all but the largest attack forces out of core sectors which is how it should be.

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 17:43

Dealing with PvP (Player vs Player) doesn't have to be very complicated - if a player makes a few kills on other players, and these players choose to 'report' said player to the local authorities (easely done with a gump & and prevents penalisation for accidents where the targetted player does not wish for the other player to be penalised) you simply put a pirate flag on the killer.
This means of course, that there should be sufficient support for players choosing such a lifestyle.

At the same time, it should be possible for people to form alliances / corporations together & have wars with other alliances/corporations. Such groups at war with eachother would then *not* turn pirate when killing eachother ships. (A war / alliance should be a mutual agreement.)

I didn't have much time to write this out as I am at work, but I have been playing & running MMOG's for a very long time. There are a lot of feasible ways to do these kind of things but they are also very easy to mess up. The biggest thing to do is to make sure there is a valid way for all players to play according to their preffered playstyle without such a big penalty that it makes it impossible for them to play another way.

An X3 MMOG is *very* much possible, all it requires is creativity/imagination. It does not have to cause a massive drain on systems either if done properly. Unfortunatly the market is saturated with these kind of games so it would have to be extremely good with an excellent interface and easy to understand gameplay while still offer an incredibly deep, immense and involving gameplay to work. Very easy to go wrong and lose a lot of money.
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

busby1968
x3

Post by busby1968 » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 17:59

yes looking forward to the next X game escipply if it is a MMOG RTS/RPG/Whatever . should be a great game and sure it be done right and have newbie sectors ect. Egosoft do seem to know what there doing and propley looking at other games like World of Warcraft to see what they done right/wrong and areas to improve X4/5/6.

Joshua_Dahl
x3

Post by Joshua_Dahl » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 18:03

Shadow1980 wrote:Unfortunatly the market is saturated with these kind of games so it would have to be extremely good with an excellent interface and easy to understand gameplay while still offer an incredibly deep, immense and involving gameplay to work. Very easy to go wrong and lose a lot of money.
You mean the learning curve would have to be less than a week and it would have to ship with a working manual? What a concept....

I dont know about that whole 'flagging them as a pirate' thing. This seems like it could be easily abused and just piss people off. I think that if someone want to start a war and not be classified as a pirate (the default for attacking players) you have to declare war on the organization/race/group of allies. This way the game will decide what is a pirate act (random indescriminate attack on players) and what isnt (a premeditated assault on a specific group of people).

This of course would all have to be easy to figure out and allow for accidental missile collision with a station (when your target is smart enough to hide behind one or 'trick' the missile into hitting it)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 21:27

esd wrote:Erm, the proposed MMO is in early pre-pre-pre-alpha stages, in effect, still in concept. It's not expected to arrive, if at all, for many many years.
This, we call in the programming world, is the 'beer and peanuts stage'.

Whereby the only place the software exists is in the minds of the developers while they drink and argue about who's turn it is to get more peanuts.

btw, I'm working on a distribution framework that'd suit it. That has, at least, made it from the beer and peanut stage. It's at the shouting at computers and trying to work out why stuff doesn't do what I want stage.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 10. Aug 06, 14:52

mrbadger wrote:
esd wrote:Erm, the proposed MMO is in early pre-pre-pre-alpha stages, in effect, still in concept. It's not expected to arrive, if at all, for many many years.
This, we call in the programming world, is the 'beer and peanuts stage'.

Whereby the only place the software exists is in the minds of the developers while they drink and argue about who's turn it is to get more peanuts.
What we called in my time, "in depth naval gazing". Interupted occasionally by a "Philosophical Question Time", a great deal of coving whiteboards with hiroglyphs, and ending with an empty white board and a big silence.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”