Has anyone captured a Khaak ship yet?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Meijin Kinjo

Has anyone captured a Khaak ship yet?

Post by Meijin Kinjo » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 16:20

Just curious what the stats are on various Khaak ships.

Also, what does TP, TL, ...etc mean? All these acronyms are driving me crazy. (For the record, I have not purchased the game yet. but I am considering)

mep

Post by mep » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 16:43

M1=carrier
M2=destroyer
M3=Heavy fighter
M4=Normal fighter
M5=light fighter/scout
M6=corvette

TS=Small Transport
TL=Large Transport
TP=Personal Transport

I think that's right..

And I stay well away from the khaak, as should you.
"You maniacs! You blew it up!"

Elenkis
x4

Post by Elenkis » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 17:25

I've killed hundreds of Khaak without ever managing to capture one of their ships, I'm guessing that it isn't possible.

Scall[BS]
x3

Post by Scall[BS] » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 18:09

I think I ve seen somewhere a Cockpit picture.
And the cockpit looked like made from bees or something.
:khaak:
Like the eagle in the dove
Fly so high on wings above
When all you see can only bring you sadness
Like a river we will flow on towards the sea we go
When all you do can only bring you sadness

Outcast

Post by Outcast » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 18:18

Damn those Khaak ships look like shit, just stupid traingles :P

And those anyone have a picture Xenon and Khaak ??? :D

Dirtbox

Post by Dirtbox » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 19:31

Has anyone captured a UFO yet? Now THAT would be cool.

Hellek

Post by Hellek » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 22:38

With my fully equipped Phoenix I almost captured a Xenon ship (which surprised me cause I thought Xenon = some AI and I thought that they'd all rather be destroyed than giving up a ship).
Unfortunately after the Xenon gave up its ship (I think it was a Xenon M), a few remaining plasma shells hit it and destroyed it. My log said "Xenon M has left its ship, its now yours" and shortly afterwards "Ship Your Xenon M was destroyed by Your Phoenix", that's the only reason why I knew that I had captured one (for a quarter of a second - lol)
I also don't think that Khaak ships can be captured though.

PulpExposure
x3

Post by PulpExposure » Sun, 7. Dec 03, 23:36

I've captured both a Xenon M and a Xenon L. Sold the M, and refitted the L. Haven't actually jumped into the cockpit of the L as of yet, but since you all have mentioned it, I might soon, take a pic, and post it if you all want.

Meijin Kinjo

Who or What Are the Xenons?

Post by Meijin Kinjo » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 00:11

Forgive my ignorance, but last time I checked, Xenon was an element on the periodical chart.......

1. I presume Xenons are some sort of an alien race? If so, are they friendly or hostile towards you at the start?

2. I remember from reading one of the earlier previews on "X2: The Threat" from several months ago that Khaak ships could be captured..... but from what you guys have told me so far, this doesn't appear to be the case. Perhaps you're not using the proper weaponry such as ship shield disabling "ion beams" of some sort?

3. If anyone can refer me to a url/link that explains about the X2: The Threat universe, I'd appreciate it. I am trying to get an idea of who the various factions are and their technology compares against those of humans.

Thank you.

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 00:52

Meijin, in that case, so are Argon and Boron! It's a conspiracy!

1) Xenon are like the Borg. They are VERY hostile. Doubt they'll ever become friendly. They were the previous threat to the universe. The Xenon are also a lot like Skynet. In general, evil. The ultimate evil, since they know no moral.

2) Khaak ships CAN be captured, or else we'd not have the full 70+ ships to fly?

3) www.x2ou.com, I believe.

Meijin Kinjo

Thank you for that link.

Post by Meijin Kinjo » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 04:13

Although you did misspell the url, as correct link should have been:

http://www.x2ou.com

This is a very good and informative site. I shall read all that I can about this game before I buy it.

Hmm... If Khaak ships can be captured (how, I have no idea), I wonder if they can be upgraded.... But are Khaaks biological beings or are they sentient electromechanical beings, in which case, their ship probably wouldn't have anything like life-support systems....

LOTUK
x2

Post by LOTUK » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 05:46

Does the 70+ ships include the S, M & L variations of each ship? If so I'm not gonna be happy... :evil:
If there is no god, who pops up the next kleenex?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 08:16

Nope... let's see...

There's M1-M6, TL, TS, TP for each race. 9 ships per race.

Argon
Boron
Paranid
Split
Teladi

So there's 45 ships right there.

There's 4 pirate ships, for 49.

Xenon have M3-->M5 that I know of. That's 52. And the Goner ship makes 53 flyable that I know of...

I'm an X-Noob, though, so, probably is more :wink:

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 08:42

Xenon should also have an M1 and M2, and possibly an M0 mothership.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 08:43

Unless you sell out the whole Argon Federation, I'm not sure there's any way of flying a Xenon M1 or M2....

Ladder Cow
x2

Re: Who or What Are the Xenons?

Post by Ladder Cow » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 08:57

Meijin Kinjo wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but last time I checked, Xenon was an element on the periodical chart.......

1. I presume Xenons are some sort of an alien race? If so, are they friendly or hostile towards you at the start?
If you lightly peruse your manual, or look in the index, you will see Xenons mentioned.
Number One, engage wicked faerie drive!

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 09:24

Dirtbox wrote:Has anyone captured a UFO yet? Now THAT would be cool.
it is impossible in X-tension... i tried for hours... it is impossible... trust me...

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 09:25

Sandalpocalypse wrote:Unless you sell out the whole Argon Federation, I'm not sure there's any way of flying a Xenon M1 or M2....
is it even possible to become friends with the Xenon?

Abby Normal
x3

Re: Who or What Are the Xenons?

Post by Abby Normal » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 13:33

Ladder Cow wrote:
Meijin Kinjo wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but last time I checked, Xenon was an element on the periodical chart.......

If you lightly peruse your manual, or look in the index, you will see Xenons mentioned.
If you lightly peruse the first post in this thread, you'll notice he doesn't have the game yet.

sai-ku
x3

Post by sai-ku » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 16:04

I assume the ion cannon might be the capture weapon of choice as it supposidly pasifies a ship without destroying it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”