problem with firelance 2.5 for x2......

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

techno-mole
x3tc

problem with firelance 2.5 for x2......

Post by techno-mole » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 10:27

ive just found a mod called firelance and thought it looked like fun, but ive installed it and ive now got a problem with the sound, so i installed the alternative version, but ive still got the same problem, most of the sounds are fine, all the cutscene voices are ok, the problem is the ships computer, when you target something it comes up with a broken discription- example - gate - h.....light, it doesnt work right when your trading either, it kind of sounds like some one is twisting the volume up and down so you only get half of what the computer is trying to say, im going to reinstall the whole game and re-install firelance and the bonus pack etc etc, but if its still there does any one know what it might be ? my sound card is fine btw, it doesnt have any trouble with x3 or any other types of sounds that you get on a pc or in a game, just the ships computer in x2 with firelance 2.5
:?
' What am I now that I was then?
May memory restore again and again
The smallest color of the smallest day:
Time is the school in which we learn,
Time is the fire in which we burn. '

SaltyFlakes

Post by SaltyFlakes » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 23:07

I have got this mod too and i don't know why yours is doing that but mine is worse!!!! mine says light of home instead of home of light but i completed the game about a day ago and the women said home of light so maybe if you try finishing the game it will go back to normal

hope this helps :)

P.S want some other mods?

This is how you get them:

go to 1st page of this fourm and click on where is says list of unsigned or unassigned list of scripts for X2 and then scroll down to the bottom

Tip- Want to cheat? heres how for all you in need of help and for all you noobs!!!!!!!!!!!!

while flying type slowly thereshallbewings (T must be capital). You have just activated the script editor!! Now for a shortcut to it hit S then C then S and you will bring it up. Then click on Script editor/Open script editor and scroll down to K. Create Ship then hover/highlight it and press r. After that pick the location of your new ship, what ship type, Owner (must pick your name to make ship yours eg. player name in game (for me is Julian Gardna) and finally your homebase!! There no need for money when you can just get yourself a brand new ship with the best sheilds and weapons!!!!

I got myself:
2 Paranid Zeus
4 Split Raptors
18 Argon Titans
2 Argon Carriers
25 Boron Sharks
100 Teladi Condors

Hope this helps as well!!!!!!! :D :) :D

Saltyflakes

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 23:18

A ship creator script in firelance? That was probably used for testing.

I suggest instead of cheating, you use your vast industrial prowess and tactical skills to build your empire from the ground up.

SaltyFlakes

Post by SaltyFlakes » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 23:26

No it wasn't just in firelance and its not used as a test you can ether load or start a new game and spawn brand new ships for free or if you love money you can buy them if you have 999,999,999cr

Eg of my saved game

Loaded a saved game
Spawned a Titan using DEFAULT GAME SCRIPT
Titan has 625mw (5x125mw) shields
18 GPPC'S

There you go why have money when you can just get a ship for free from a script that came with the game. It works with any Mod or with no Mod.
Now thats what i call good!!

Saltyflakes

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 08:54

"There you go why have money when you can just get a ship for free from a script that came with the game. It works with any Mod or with no Mod."

Make yourself about two hundred 'free' ships, play for about six hours, and tell me how long it was before you got bored...

That stuff's good for testing things, but it gets old.

SaltyFlakes

Post by SaltyFlakes » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 11:08

Ok

if it is any use to you then i suggest you play around with it or as AdmiralTigerclaw said build up your economy but sometimes if you are in the middle of a bunch of xenon ships it might come handy. Just spawn yourself 1 khakk destroyer and the xenon will become wimps and run away and your destroyer was there to save the day!! If you don't like your destroyer there is a script to destroy it!!!!!!!!

Just look in the scripts and you will find it near k.create ship
It should say k.destroy... or k.destroy target!!!

Hope this helps

Saltyflakes

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 19:34

So who are we helping with a spawn script anyway?

The problem was sound related as I re-read.

dhiman
x3tc

Post by dhiman » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 18:30

ok, I HAD this same problem. I think what you guys did was patch 1.2 over your 1.2 version CD. You have to reinstall the game, and only use patch1.4 and then install the MOD. Mine worked fine after that....

its in the FAQs, says the sound files on that patch are different than the ones with the CD with patch 1.2 already on it

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”