Spacefly collector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DragosX
x2

Spacefly collector

Post by DragosX » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 04:04

How do you use the spacefly collector? I didnt see it in the manual or in the tutorial. Do you just open your cargo bay and let them fly in? :gruebel:

BradThorn
x2

Post by BradThorn » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 05:20

Where did you get that from? I was wanting one ever since I saw the pirates base in Brennans Triumph offering 3000 credits for 1 unit, and a swarm of them beside the destroyed gate... :D

I assume you do just open the cargo bay, and probably fly through the to pick them up as per any other piece of cargo *shrug*

BTW... what can I do with Spacefly Eggs? Are they more valuable? I found some inside a station... (can't remember which)

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 06:04

I heared the split sells that collector, and i'm really curious how did u raise your faction with them to let u buy it?? I'm trying to stay 'harmless' to keep khaak threat away as long as posible, but catching flies could be a very nice, productive activity while waiting for major dough from SPP's :)
I saw swarms of flies everywhere, if u sit imobile for a while, u'll have 1 swarm investigate u, buzzing around and occasinally u'll hear a 'squush' sound, i guess a fly didnt pay attention to sector speed limit and crushed on my Disco windshield.

Kakarot
x3

Post by Kakarot » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 06:54

i cant figure it out . i have one and i open my bay but i dont get the flys plus sometimes they hit my ship causing damage.

skng

Post by skng » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 07:00

Kakarot wrote:i cant figure it out . i have one and i open my bay but i dont get the flys plus sometimes they hit my ship causing damage.
Man; is that wierd. This game keeps getting better! :lol:
I am what i am.

Tanall
x4

Post by Tanall » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 07:06

I read somewhere about the split using ion disruptors to hunt space flies. Maybe you need to use that oversized bug zapper as...well...a bug zapper.

skng

Post by skng » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 07:51

Is it true that the Kha'ak or what ever are realy space fly colonies or that thier ships are made up of them?
I am what i am.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 09:30

skng wrote:Is it true that the Kha'ak or what ever are realy space fly colonies or that thier ships are made up of them?
No.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

Stormsong
x3tc

Re: Spacefly collector

Post by Stormsong » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 13:16

DragosX wrote:How do you use the spacefly collector? I didnt see it in the manual or in the tutorial. Do you just open your cargo bay and let them fly in? :gruebel:
You need to use Ion Disruptors to stun the Spaceflys first, then you open your cargo bay to collect them - but only if they're still stunned(and of course you still need the Spacefly Collector to do this).

Cheers,
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Moridin
x4

Post by Moridin » Mon, 8. Dec 03, 14:08

manniac wrote:I heared the split sells that collector, and i'm really curious how did u raise your faction with them to let u buy it?? I
If a race buys from one of your stations faction rises so it should help to place one of your factories near a Split sector and wait for them to buy from it (dont hit me if it dosnt work)
Ich hab immer Recht, außer wenn ich mich irre
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time."
-- Bursar 1 - Hex 0 (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

WeEd

Re: Spacefly collector

Post by WeEd » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 06:03

Stormsong wrote:
DragosX wrote:How do you use the spacefly collector? I didnt see it in the manual or in the tutorial. Do you just open your cargo bay and let them fly in? :gruebel:
You need to use Ion Disruptors to stun the Spaceflys first, then you open your cargo bay to collect them - but only if they're still stunned(and of course you still need the Spacefly Collector to do this).

Cheers,
Maybe a dumb question, where do I buy Ion Disruptors? I know I've seen it somewhere, but I can't remember.

WeEd

Post by WeEd » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 06:06

Never mind! I already found it! :)

I case someone else needs it, Kingdom End, Boron Equipment Dock.

Mr. Trade
x4

Post by Mr. Trade » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 06:07

boron equipment docks, whatch others around you when firing that thing :wink:

glukken

Hunting spaceflies...

Post by glukken » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 09:02

Hi,

I think I found a way to hunt spaceflies:
Spoiler
Show

Go to an asteriod and start shooting at it on different spots. Once you hit a good spot, space flies are disturbed and they fly into space, just to return to the asteroid in a short while!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”