2 mosquito missiles = 50,000 credits

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

teladianium
x3

2 mosquito missiles = 50,000 credits

Post by teladianium » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:00

After jumping into Presidents End at the West gate with my Buster L the nav map showed a Khaak double cluster about 20 klicks behind the gate so I head over and when I get to 9 klicks launch a Mosquito at the cluster. Also, the nav map shows alot of freighters in the sector. When the cluster breaks I jump to the East gate and I'm surprised to see another Khaak cluster near this gate - so I close on it and hit it with another Mosquito, then jump to the North gate and watch the fun.

An Argon Military Centaur arrives and after a while watching all the mayhem that I have caused I take out the last few Khaak Scouts and whistle up my Mercury Jumptrader and run the command "Collect all wares in sector". 500 Cahoonas, 300 Wheat, a Tempest missile and 5 or 6 stray missiles equals 50k profit for 2 Mozzys expended.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:02

And you can sleep at night? :roll:
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:08

Err... I refuse to incriminate myself :)

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:10

Rapier wrote:And you can sleep at night? :roll:
:rofl:

I quess early on that might be worth doing but later it would be waste of perfectly good npc ships doing their best at keeping economy rolling.

Btw I recently bought pretty much all cahonas in argon space to feed my PPC complex (even set the complex to buy those resources at slightly above average price) and now I can see the results as every freking argon fab is having food supply problems. :oops:

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:15

Personally, I would have shot up the NPC traders and collected *their* cargo too.

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:35

And you can sleep at night?
Heh, reminds me of the time that I was cruising my Mamba Raider through Hatikvahs Faith and I see a Xenon battle group heading towards me, a Xenon P, several Ls, several Ms and a few Ns. I slide up behind the Argon Mammoth that is heading in towards them and when they get close enough to fire, spray the P with some hept fire - the Xenons go wild - I slide in behind the Mammoth and watch the fun. That cheapie Mammoth didn't even drop some PPCs for me - sheesh...

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 22:39

Geggo wrote:Btw I recently bought pretty much all cahonas in argon space to feed my PPC complex (even set the complex to buy those resources at slightly above average price) and now I can see the results as every freking argon fab is having food supply problems. :oops:
You're giving me good ideas :twisted: :fg: ;)

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 23:18

teladianium wrote:50k profit for 2 Mozzys expended.
Respect!
Sounds like a very logical thing to do.
:lol:

I remember I used to follow Xenon patrols on a rampage few times. Someone has to clean up all the cargo - otherwise it's just a waste ;)
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 23:26

yes respect, excellent tactic, wish i'd thought of it or you posting sooner lol.
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 23:41

I mentioned this tactic a few days ago and got roasted for it.!!
Guess I was beening read by the more squimish at the time.
I don't need the cash.......just love the chaos!
Now if I could only tempt the 2 Kha'ak destroyer lurking in Ore Belt to follow me to Argon Prime........
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

skyb1ue
x3

Post by skyb1ue » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 00:22

I use this tactic to get started in every new game I embark on. Even submitted it to the noob guides for inclusion (but obviously the guide writer's ethics are less flexible then mine).

I call it pseudo piratism as it offers all the benefits of a priate life without the race rep hit!

Here's my fool proof method;

Take one buster upgraded to max speed and one mosquito missile. Search the sectors adjacent to core sectors for clusters (I've found them to be very popular for the Kha'ak). They usually hang around on the outskirts of the sector.

When you find a cluster, roll up to 12km from the cluster and stop. Let your mosquito go and wait. Swith to the sector map view and watch as the cluster breaks up, wait for the cluster to begin moving toward you and then click on the sector map to move your buster to the far side of the sectors trade channel.

This causes the Kha'ak to follow you (dont worry abut the Kha'ak catching you, the upgraded buster is too quick for them to catch).

Lead the Kha'ak across the path of the sectors trade traffic maintaing a good distance (as a guide - just enough to keep them in your sector map view). This causes the Kha'ak to come into contact with any passing military ships also.

Now just watch as the local policing ships engage the Kha'ak. Hopelessly out gunned, they will quickly get destroyed, but the Kha'ak will now have forgotten about you and wil start a trade traffic massare! As long as you're careful to keep your distance from the masacre, you can happily take your pick from the drops!

Using frieghters and careful timing to maintain distance form the battle you can make millions in an evening from this tactic.

Rinse and repeat for a quick boost to the early game bank balance.

:)
Guess who got his copy for christmas

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 03:15

skyb1ue wrote:I use this tactic to get started in every new game I embark on. Even submitted it to the noob guides for inclusion (but obviously the guide writer's ethics are less flexible then mine).
Its a legitimate game tactic early in the game. (never thought of it myself though)

Write your own guide :)

Slonor

Post by Slonor » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 03:24

Yeah, it's not as though we are exploiting a bug. This can really happen in a real-life situation, and how would anyone know you lured them there? They wouldn't.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 03:27

Picking up battle debris is one of the early ways to make money. The more daring you are about it (like scooping a unknown just outside gkyron range) the more you make.

Starting the battle itself is just a next step up :)

IvanT
x4

Post by IvanT » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 16:05

I've found that freighters in Company Pride regularly get destroyed by the Pirate Base laser towers near the gate, - I've left a freighter there with the command "collect all wares" :)
--
IvanT
Author/Scriptwriter

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 21:44

IvanT wrote:I've found that freighters in Company Pride regularly get destroyed by the Pirate Base laser towers near the gate, - I've left a freighter there with the command "collect all wares" :)
The basic idea is not bad but unfortunately loot is only dropped if you are IS.

Reminds me: in X2 there was a permanent Xenon migration from X472 through Family Njy. I docked myself at the local SY and had a Merc set to collect all wares overnight. Very good profit but only worth at an early stage of the game because of the rank penalty for inactivity.

Cheers Euclid

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 23:04

This thread has made me want to restart a game and in this one unlike all my others i shall trade my way to the top rather than cap my way there as i usualy do, might do the teladi trader start, may profits go with you and all that :P

And to the guy that wished he could lure 2 kha'ak destroyers tp argon prime, as good as it sounds argon one would kill them before they could do much damage >.<

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”