Where to buy Firestorm's?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Where to buy Firestorm's?

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 05:07

Spoiler
Show
Paranid Prime
does not have the High Yield Factory, so where can I buy these from? I DESPERATELY need some of these. Thanks.

CDc

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 05:51

i know some argon eq docks have them but they are only in small numbers

go arround to all the ship yards and find a firestorm fact if there is one that would probably be the best alternative

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 06:04

biggie1447 wrote:i know some argon eq docks have them but they are only in small numbers

go arround to all the ship yards and find a firestorm fact if there is one that would probably be the best alternative
Unfortunately where one is suppose to be, it is not (High Yield Factory). The one equipment dock has zero quantity. Maybe I'm not far enough into the game to have free access to them? :lol: all I want to do is destroy a damn pirate base! :) Thanks for the help though.

CDc

P.S. Yep, I found a factory at one of the shipyards, but I'm sorta getting low on credits after my Centaur purchase. I still need to buy a Dream Farm and I want to get me an Ellie in about 17 more renown points. Decisions...decisions...

biggie1447
x3ap

Post by biggie1447 » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 08:46

that centour should be all you need for a pirate base

even if you dont want that a lot of pirates drop heavy missles (dont remember the name usually bout 26k a pop and do 1g in shield dammage) that are free

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 09:08

Hammerheads seem to be more readily available than Firestorm.
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 10:46

I used my Centaur to attack the PB with 8 HEPT and did not even dent it's shields. I guess maybe those are not enough, but I figured I could do a little damage to it's shields. I just finished placing a Firestorm Torpedo Factory, so as soon as some become available, I'm going to give those a try. If this PB is bugged (invincible), then I'll have to script it out.

CDc

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 11:06

Could always use mass drivers, don't have to worry about shields that way.

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 11:19

ceogreen wrote:Could always use mass drivers, don't have to worry about shields that way.
Ah, the simple things :) . Thanks for the info, had not thought of that.

CDc

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 12:12

...okay, I'm sorta ticked off now. I spent the whole evening getting this Firestorm Factory up and running. I finally get one produced (35 minute prep time) and head out to do some damage to the Pirate Base. Well, as I've suspected the whole time, the damn things bugged :evil: ! Now I didn't expect to destroy it with one Firestorm, but to not even budge the shields??? So, now I need to change tactics...how do I go about scripting this damn thing out of my game? The PB is in sector Bad Debt. Thanks.

CDc

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 12:17

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=129319

There is a destruct hotkey script there, it's probably what you're after, if not try on the scripting forum.

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 12:17

Dungeoncrawler wrote:I used my Centaur to attack the PB with 8 HEPT and did not even dent it's shields. I guess maybe those are not enough, but I figured I could do a little damage to it's shields. I just finished placing a Firestorm Torpedo Factory, so as soon as some become available, I'm going to give those a try. If this PB is bugged (invincible), then I'll have to script it out.

CDc
i did that in my nova (if PB is Pirate Base)

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 12:27

leloa wrote:
Dungeoncrawler wrote:I used my Centaur to attack the PB with 8 HEPT and did not even dent it's shields. I guess maybe those are not enough, but I figured I could do a little damage to it's shields. I just finished placing a Firestorm Torpedo Factory, so as soon as some become available, I'm going to give those a try. If this PB is bugged (invincible), then I'll have to script it out.

CDc
i did that in my nova (if PB is Pirate Base)
Yea, that's what I was talking about (PB-Pirate Base). Nothing I do will destroy this base. Unfortunately, I will have to script it out of existence.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 13:19

Well you could try to take it out OOS, even M3 might be able to do that. (and isn't there atleast one Pirate Base that IS indestructible, which one your tryign to take out?)

szuur
x3

Post by szuur » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 15:12

if i need to kill a pirate base i also use fire storm missiles (since i make em myself) it takes 5 missiles to kill it

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 15:14

i use hammerheads i have lot of them

szuur
x3

Post by szuur » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 15:48

i ran out of hammer heads so i bought 3 factory's with make em
the fac's can be bought in omicron lyrea for 11 mil

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 16:36

szuur wrote:i ran out of hammer heads so i bought 3 factory's with make em
that is why i use XFP that adds lots of pirate activiti to some sectors one of it usualy has 10 missiles if u kill them all(i talk about hammerhead)

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 18:18

leloa wrote:
szuur wrote:i ran out of hammer heads so i bought 3 factory's with make em
that is why i use XFP that adds lots of pirate activiti to some sectors one of it usualy has 10 missiles if u kill them all(i talk about hammerhead)
Hammerheads or Firestorms? Because I swear hammerhead facts cannot be bought in Vanilla.

szuur
x3

Post by szuur » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 18:21

hammerhead missiles are actualy terran missiles so no whonder u can't buy fac's for em.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”