TP's are they worth it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Holeoe
x4

TP's are they worth it?

Post by Holeoe » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 00:48

Just wondering is the TP's (Transport Passengers) were really worth owning, I found one and claimed it but have never used it, what is its use, can you make decent money out of them, or should I just sell it

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 00:50

i have never used a TP thus never doing the TP BBS missions and i have made it just fine. im my opinion they are a waste because a UT will make you much more money.

i would sell the TP and buy a TS for a UT
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 01:07

I was wondering the same thing...
Maybe if you want to travel in style.

I guess they are for the Tour of the Lifetime BBS. No idea how much they pay. My idea of the "Tour of the Lifetime" is to take the passengers through Xenon sectors... I dont think I'll get paid for it.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 01:09

I suppose they're decent as fast ferries for small quantities of supplies, i.e. if you need to shuttle in crystals and don't need that cargo-beasting Merc to do it. But, I haven't used TP's since X2, and I agree that they seem a little useless as they stand.

In their defense, they can be much better armed than TS's.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

[RFA]Gravity
x4

Post by [RFA]Gravity » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 01:10

indeed for picking up resources you dont need in great quantity that are not XL size or even selling they outperform TSs easily their additional speed is a god send. I use TPs whereever it is economically viable to do so.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 01:16

[RFA]Gravity wrote:selling they outperform TSs easily their additional speed is a god send.
It depends. Looking at Paranid ships right now, TP is no better than Demeter or Demeter Miner.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

God-Demis
xr

Post by God-Demis » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 08:36

If egosoft could add passengers as a ware, moving them from one factory to another(visitors, factory crew etc) then they would be useful.
Use them like taxi's or something like that. Right now the TPs are not used for the purpose they exist but for small cargo transport. ADD PASSENGEEEEERRRSSSS!!!!(Ahhh, Transport Tycoon...)
''Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly''

Zuocion
x4

Post by Zuocion » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 08:47

I find TP's pretty good for tour of a lifetime, quite a few of them pay a certain amount of credits per sector visited in a certain time, making it quite easy to earn a few hundred thousand credits, sometimes quite alot more depending... thus in a way they can make their money back, but thats all I've found them to be useful for.

It would be nice if they did make a Taxi service, since there are other Taxi's in the game, a station where you have a few TP's & they'll take in requests from people at stations within so many sectors & get paid, the greater the speed the greater the money or tip so to speak!

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 09:22

I don't know if the split iguana is still good in x3? but in x2 it is an absolute awesome ship! Frankly, the iguana is so briliant in x2 i don't know why they bothered making m3's at all?? Oh yea they turn better pppfffft so what!

I use them for transporting cargo wherever the cargo class allows. They are so fast that your factories will turn green quicker than you could ever imagine using stupid slow mercs.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 09:53

I bought myself a Hermes Hauler from Trinity Sanctum that can carry L sized cargo and therefore i do those tour of a lifetime missions found on trade stations. it now flyes around the universe as a UT and makes a lot of cash when not in passenger duty.

Investing in a Hermes Hauler TP has really paid itself back. The ship does independent UT trading when not in passenger duty, when i need it i simply make it jump to the sector where i find a tour mission and then i fly the ship myself. It is really easy money. Checking out sectors for trade opportunities for your TL/TS ships and planning factories while ferrying passengers who pay you very well for it.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

unmarkedhelicopter
x3

Post by unmarkedhelicopter » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 09:59

XanII, when you fly it yourself don't you lose the pilot, his skill, experience etc. and have to start with an ST again ?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 10:00

fiksal wrote:My idea of the "Tour of the Lifetime" is to take the passengers through Xenon sectors... I dont think I'll get paid for it.
You actually get a bonus if you peek into Xenon or Pirate sector, or if you pass a sector with spaceflys. At some point I got 100k per visited sector and bonuses.

The TPs you find and claim are unique. Regular TPs do not work in Tour missions. The Hauler/Vanguard variants do.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 10:05

unmarkedhelicopter wrote:XanII, when you fly it yourself don't you lose the pilot, his skill, experience etc. and have to start with an ST again ?
Apparently not anymore. i bought the mk3 trading software to keep the TP busy as a ST when not on tour missions, well lo and behold the levels did not vanish the last time i took it over, back then it was level 5. it was level 5 again when it continued to trade.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”