x2 - finding gunnery crews?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mystikmind2005
x2

x2 - finding gunnery crews?

Post by mystikmind2005 » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 08:15

I changed my post from ( 'can annyone give me a link'? I am looking for links to some decent information on AEGIS and gunnery crews for x2?)

What i really need are useful tips that would make hiring gunnery crews a bit easier?
Last edited by mystikmind2005 on Fri, 8. Sep 06, 15:05, edited 2 times in total.
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 09:40

Go to the X2 scripting and modding forum, they were third party scripts, so should be in the sticky thread there. The OP should tell you eveything there is to know.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 09:41

apricotslice wrote:Go to the X2 scripting and modding forum...
This thread is now there too. :)

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 14:51

CBJ wrote:
apricotslice wrote:Go to the X2 scripting and modding forum...
This thread is now there too. :)
Thank you... no reply's there yet.

Anyway, i spent about two hours chasing military transports trying to buy gunnery crews. I even bought a trading dock to get the transport reports.

I must be doing somthing wrong because in 2 hours i only managed to get 5 crewmen!

Seems as though it would be an advantage to know your sectors really well.... i don't, so any tips on finding crewman would be much appreciated?
What intriguing weapons and shields will you use to protect your trade ships and sectors from the Khaak when your not home? unless you can afford capital ships *and luck* its all for nothing, NOTHING! Mwaahhhhahaha
*(amendment for TC since all the good strategy and planning is no longer enough, you also need luck)*

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 16:05

You ahve to find the transports. Check their details to see their destination, go there first and be waiting when they dock to buy the moment the crews appear. They are only there for a few seconds apparently.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 20:21

you can cap the military transports with crew onboard but you will get a bit of rank drop

i used to put a gunnery crew into my eq-dock next to the trading station in argon prime and then get a high level bph trader to buy them, worked well..

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 20:34

One way to get the Military Personnel is to use X2 's multilple buy exploit ; as long as goods are stocked in the local EQ dock then when you buy multiple ships from the in-sector wharf or shipyard all the ships bought get the same amount of goods no matter that that exceeds the stock level. So as long as one of the Military Transports is heading to an EQ dock with the required wharf/shipyard nearby you buy the ships and hold on the equipping screen until the transport is docked and the Personnel show as items to equip with then equip all the ships with the Personnel and you get up to 10 times the number dropped off.
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

mystikmind2005
x2

Post by mystikmind2005 » Sat, 9. Sep 06, 17:52

Tw122le wrote:One way to get the Military Personnel is to use X2 's multilple buy exploit ; as long as goods are stocked in the local EQ dock then when you buy multiple ships from the in-sector wharf or shipyard all the ships bought get the same amount of goods no matter that that exceeds the stock level. So as long as one of the Military Transports is heading to an EQ dock with the required wharf/shipyard nearby you buy the ships and hold on the equipping screen until the transport is docked and the Personnel show as items to equip with then equip all the ships with the Personnel and you get up to 10 times the number dropped off.
Brilliant idea! I usually do that for shields and weapons since high end equipment Fabs are so increadibly slow then only hold 2!!! hehehe it is such a joke i have to laugh.... otherwise i'd cry!!!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”