Drones.a millionaires toy.x3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

smashmouth
x2

Drones.a millionaires toy.x3

Post by smashmouth » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 02:06

after setting up a "super sector"with all manor of complexes producing all the things i thought i might need,and like other people ,finding out that things like laser towers ,drones etc just dont sell,i sat back and mused at what to do with them.bingo!someone somewhere suggested taking out destroyers with drones.there just so happened to be two khaak destroyers in pontifex realm.off we go then.1200+ drones.my first thought was to experience the glory first hand by jumpinh in my caiman and cruising in there.after entering the sector and gettin what i thought was a reasonable distance from the gate i let them rip.an almighty explosion followed by the most insane slide show i have seen since havin this comp built.looking like a huge cloud they dodged and weaved around me.i managed to issue commands but promptly smashed into the gate.oh well.i figured it best to stay at home for my second assault.sending my caiman off without me.it did a better job at releasing the drones(i managed to kill about 300+ on my first run by releasing them into something)and they all attacked the first destroyer.roughly 10 mins later they had the shields down.a few more and that baby was toast.directing them to the second destroyer i sat back and mulled over building a drone fleet to protect my home sector.but then thought better of it when the remainder,i guess about 1000 drones,instead of attacking with laser fire, just rammed the bugger.all drones kia.i cant wait from my race rep to get high enuff to buy a phoenix.or any capitol ship for that matter.so until then ill have to finish kitting out my elephant fleet and all their fighters.and the rest can go on extravagant schemes like drones.my next folly is to try and brick up a jump gate with laser towers.hope someone somewhere found this inresting reading.

UnderLord
x3tc

Post by UnderLord » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 03:56

I was thinking of doing that with 30,000 drones =P i'd need several drone factsa and about 1 week to get that many, but now that you mention it, My computer would probably lag to death

Sythil
x3tc

Post by Sythil » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 08:03

hehe, i had the same idea when i saw argon one attacking 3 drones, took it 10 minutes to kill em all. (x3)

Woulda been a fun show for sure, must try it one day :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 08:32

Drones run out of fuel and vanish. How much do they have? 15 min? It is possible, although very difficult, to pick them back, which refuels them.

So they were not KIA. They simply ran out of gas. :P

Fighter Drones are invaluable. I put 20 into every freighter I have. That can save the freighter.

smashmouth
x2

Post by smashmouth » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 11:36

thanx for that explanation jlehtone.those kamikaze drones were bugging me a bit.30,000 drones underlord.thats gigantor.ive got an amd 64 dual core 4400+ cpu and even out of sector those 1200 drones put it to the test.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 14:16

I cheat.

I give them un-limited flying time+a GIRE and set 300+ on sector patrol in my homesector. They are great when the Split launch sneek attacks on my Jumpdrive factory.

Jump-Drive Factory=Moded Goner temple.

UnderLord
x3tc

Post by UnderLord » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 14:34

smashmouth wrote:thanx for that explanation jlehtone.those kamikaze drones were bugging me a bit.30,000 drones underlord.thats gigantor.ive got an amd 64 dual core 4400+ cpu and even out of sector those 1200 drones put it to the test.
My new computer uses a amd 64 3300+ ( i think) its not dual core though =(

So with 30k i'd probably die :lol:

But if you turn down the graphics to as low as they can go and do it, that might lighten the load.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 14:38

Graphics options won't help, unless you use them in sector.

And Dual core does not help either. The game is not parallel.

UnderLord
x3tc

Post by UnderLord » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 14:41

jlehtone wrote:Graphics options won't help, unless you use them in sector.

And Dual core does not help either. The game is not parallel.
Even if your OOS turning dow nthe graphics will help, after all it lightens the load of the CPU so it can process more of whats going on in the game OOS.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 15:38

Khaak_Hammer wrote:I give them un-limited flying time+a GIRE and set 300+ on sector patrol in my homesector.
How ?

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 15:46

I found that realeaseing around 20,000 drones OOS works fine for me. I used this tactic to clear out a xenon sector once, was freaking funny as hell to watch.

Also, helps if you release them in small groups at a time (500-1000).

- Relief

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 22:47

Nice read, smashmouth, drop the next lot in a xenon sector. :D

Drones are little heroes, carry a few around with you and let loose if you bite off more than you can chew, pity the return to ship command don't work though.

I got more than i can sell, won't be buying another one of those factories.
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 23:20

apricotslice wrote:
Khaak_Hammer wrote:I give them un-limited flying time+a GIRE and set 300+ on sector patrol in my homesector.
How ?

Ohhhhh you should know.

Lets just say I have a few contacts and I'm not without my own skill.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 04:20

Khaak_Hammer wrote:
Ohhhhh you should know.

Lets just say I have a few contacts and I'm not without my own skill.
Making stuff up doesn't impress anyone.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 04:23

NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:
Khaak_Hammer wrote:Lets just say I have a few contacts and I'm not without my own skill.
Maybe he just reads the scripts and modding forum. :wink:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

LuxxCapacitor
x3tc

Post by LuxxCapacitor » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 04:43

after setting up a "super sector"with all manor of complexes producing all the things i thought i might need,and like other people ,finding out that things like laser towers ,drones etc just dont sell,i sat back and mused at what to do with them.bingo!someone somewhere suggested taking out destroyers with drones.there just so happened to be two khaak destroyers in pontifex realm.off we go then.1200+ drones.my first thought was to experience the glory first hand by jumpinh in my caiman and cruising in there.after entering the sector and gettin what i thought was a reasonable distance from the gate i let them rip.an almighty explosion followed by the most insane slide show i have seen since havin this comp built.looking like a huge cloud they dodged and weaved around me.i managed to issue commands but promptly smashed into the gate.oh well.i figured it best to stay at home for my second assault.sending my caiman off without me.it did a better job at releasing the drones(i managed to kill about 300+ on my first run by releasing them into something)and they all attacked the first destroyer.roughly 10 mins later they had the shields down.a few more and that baby was toast.directing them to the second destroyer i sat back and mulled over building a drone fleet to protect my home sector.but then thought better of it when the remainder,i guess about 1000 drones,instead of attacking with laser fire, just rammed the bugger.all drones kia.i cant wait from my race rep to get high enuff to buy a phoenix.or any capitol ship for that matter.so until then ill have to finish kitting out my elephant fleet and all their fighters.and the rest can go on extravagant schemes like drones.my next folly is to try and brick up a jump gate with laser towers.hope someone somewhere found this inresting reading.
**begins to cry**

The enter key is your friend.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 05:08

Carl Sumner wrote:
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:
Khaak_Hammer wrote:Lets just say I have a few contacts and I'm not without my own skill.
In which case, a link is appreciated, where dumb humour is not.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 18:44

tttttthhhhhhhppppppppp

who said anything about a link all I said was I'd made drones much more powerfull.

they are called "dread-drones" and I made them and I keep them.

ahhhh I love this kind talk, they don't know weather im telling the truth and they all hate each other for it while I sit on the side-lines and snigger.

but you STILL don't know if i'm lieing or not.

but the off-side is they are more like a mutation of a M5/drone so while they are still drone class they can't be stored in a TS/TP.

damm annoying.

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 18:49

tttttthhhhhhhppppppppp

who said anything about a link all I said was I'd made drones much more powerfull.

they are called "dread-drones" and I made them and I keep them.

ahhhh I love this kind talk, they don't know weather im telling the truth and they all hate each other for it while I sit on the side-lines and snigger.

but you STILL don't know if i'm lieing or not.

but the off-side is they are more like a mutation of a M5/drone so while they are still drone class they can't be stored in a TS/TP.

damm annoying.
I think the point they made is people dont really care when you just say "well i do stuff".

So no one is annoyed, or as you can see really cares (since there is a lack of people flocking to your "secrets").

Its just silly to watch children talk about.... nothing really.

Anyhow, tata

- Relief

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 13. Sep 06, 19:00

Carl Sumner wrote:
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:

While there's nothing wrong with that...there is something wrong with his post. I've tried every conceivable way to give the drones more grunt. Simply put, you can make them M2-powered in the files, but when they're created in-game, they're still the same unshielded, 500 hull point 400m/s drone with a single AIRE. You could do it with a script, that would search out all your drones, but that'd take a while if you did a few.

Not to mention you'd have to create a new laser for the GIRE (which is still in the 440001 file).

Same goes for the satellites, you can add shields to them in the files, but there has to be an accompanying script to actually equip them after they're depolyed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”