Reason the Gamma PSG owns the Khaak

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ManiacDC
x3

Reason the Gamma PSG owns the Khaak

Post by ManiacDC » Tue, 9. Dec 03, 21:50

Khaak cluster... err was a Khaak cluster...
[ external image ]

Spitfire79
x3tc

Post by Spitfire79 » Tue, 9. Dec 03, 22:36

Nice work. Now that you're well on your way, why don't you test the ongoing theory and wipe out the remaining Khaak clusters as well and see if the random attacks stop? :)

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Tue, 9. Dec 03, 22:57

I plan on doing that... I am working on outfitting a Paranid Odysseus with all PSG's... however it may be too slow to do the job we shall see

Hellek

Post by Hellek » Tue, 9. Dec 03, 23:43

I have an Odysseus equipped with nothing but PSGs and it really rocks. I only have the coords of the first unknown sector at the moment and cleared it out really quickly. Even the M2 are blasted away in a few seconds. The Khaak kept respawning though, about one minute after I killed the last cap. ship a new M1 and 2 M2 spawned so it seems to be an endless job. Got me to Ace 3rd grade really quickly though :-)
I also cleared a few Xenon sectors but same problem, they respawn.
An Odysseus with PSGs is the most dangerous weapon though. Loads of firepower, 225 speed ... great.
I also tried a fully equipped Teladi Phoenix but it does not do as much damage. Against M5-M3 the PPCs look nice cause they fill the sky with those blue plasma bullets but they don't land enough hits for getting a decent kill-speed. Of course the first few hits on a cluster make half of it die immediately but the other half usually escapes that rain of plasma and then circles around you for a while (not a problem though as they do hardly any damage to 6x 125 MW) until they finally get hit too.
Against capital ships I supposed that the Phoenix would be stronger as in this case all the bullets hit but it seems that the PSGs do more damage anyway. In my opinion PPCs should do more damage and cap ships should have 8-10x 125 MW instead of 5-6 so that the PSG is good against small ships and the PPC good against big ones.

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 00:08

yeah PSG owns... It is tough finding enough of them to fill up a M2 class ship tho... that stinks about the khaak sectors...

Meijin Kinjo

Alternate Loadout

Post by Meijin Kinjo » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 01:09

ManiacDC or Any Other X2 Veterans,

For those of us, such as myself, who'd rather opt for long range precision beam weapons such as PPCs but prefers not to fly big ships that are about as fast as crawling snails overdosed on Valium, what ships and weapons loadout would you recommend? I'd really rather use PPCs instead but none of the M6s support such weapon. :(

_LordAnubis_
x3tc

Post by _LordAnubis_ » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 01:16

So you can't permanently wipe out an enemy sector? Damn. I was hoping I could wipe out the Xenon sector south of Scale Plate Green like I've done hundreds of times in X-Tension and set up my own base of factories there. Well there goes hundreds of hours of fun for me. No point in attacking a whole sector unless you want combat ranks and/or captured ships now.

EGOSOFT please fix this. Please make it an option that enemy ships respawn like in X-Tension v2.1 . Otherwise, I know quite a few people that will get VERY bored VERY fast.

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 01:18

The Split Dragon will use Alpha PPC's. This is my personal favourite corvette. 1.5 times the maneuverability than the Nemesis, and faster than them all.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Meijin Kinjo

hmmm....

Post by Meijin Kinjo » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 01:30

Reven wrote:The Split Dragon will use Alpha PPC's. This is my personal favourite corvette. 1.5 times the maneuverability than the Nemesis, and faster than them all.
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Alpha PPC the weakest version of all PPCs? Isn't that a bit too weak for taking on giant enemy destroyers and carriers? What is the range of alpha PPC?

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 02:04

The alpha PPC fires pretty far... i think

It is almost impossible to take out a destroyer/carrier with any M6 but the Nemesis. The Dragon just can't cut it.

If you are going to take on destroyers/carriers with an M6 you basically need the Nemesis.

BradThorn
x2

Re: Alternate Loadout

Post by BradThorn » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 04:54

Meijin Kinjo wrote:ManiacDC or Any Other X2 Veterans,

For those of us, such as myself, who'd rather opt for long range precision beam weapons such as PPCs but prefers not to fly big ships that are about as fast as crawling snails overdosed on Valium, what ships and weapons loadout would you recommend? I'd really rather use PPCs instead but none of the M6s support such weapon. :(
The Split Python M2 is the fastest (well, out of Argon, Boron, Teladi, Split and Paranid anyway) and can handle a whole heap of PPC's. Half of them Gamma PPC's too... Almost all the rest should be Beta's.
Its speed is 292(whatevers an hour) which is pretty quick too.
Any more details you want, have a look on Alcatrust's Ship Table
It's building up info nicely :D

Hellek

Post by Hellek » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 10:39

Well, the Odyseuss does 225 and can mount PSGs. For PPCs I also think that the Split M2 is best though. It only has 4 shields though, the Teladi Phoenix can carry the same weapons but 6 shields instead (50% more!!!). The price for that is that it is very slow (half the speed).

Concerning the low supply of Gamma PPCs / Gamma PSGs / 125 MW shields / Hornet Missiles: Build your own factories and more important: Those factories that supply them (especially biogas/bofu for PPC or 125MW factories and all the soja-stuff for PSG factories). Also build enough transports (6-20 / factory)
Don't underestimate the resource-demands, to get the resources for building a Gamma PPC takes really long unless you
1.) Set max. price to the highest price that is possible
2.) Set max. jumps to 1 (or if possible to 0)
3.) Build enough BoFu-Factories (which need enough BioGas Factories and Energy) and enough Ore Mines (that also need energy) which means you usually need additional SPPs too which usually don't get enough crystals so also buy a silicon mine and a crystal fab, etc.
It's a lot of work but still faster than waiting for the shipyards to get new Gamma PPCs from the AI factories.
Reservoir of Tranquility seems to be good to do that, I had no problems with crystals and hardly any with energy so I only built two SPP, 3 BioGas Factories, 2 BoFu factories, 1 Ore Mine in the North Sector, 1 Gamma PPC Forge, 1 125MW Factory and it is running. Not as good as it could but it is okay.

PS: I of course destroyed the Pirate Base in Barren Shores and Bad Debt.

Spitfire79
x3tc

Post by Spitfire79 » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 11:32

commander805 wrote:EGOSOFT please fix this. Please make it an option that enemy ships respawn like in X-Tension v2.1 . Otherwise, I know quite a few people that will get VERY bored VERY fast.
I'm totally 100% with you on this one. For us wanting for galactic domination X2 disappoints really bad. I agree, it should be an option like pirate base respawning, so that anyone could play the game the way they want.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 12:20

The Phoenix is nimble, though - it can turn almost as fast as a fighter, and the Raptor can't. This helps a lot - you can keep an enemy fighter near the crosshairs, and the front turret's slow turn rate (with G-PPCs) isn't an issue.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 12:55

I've been a precision-fire (Split Dragon) fan from the beginning, but I'm beginning to be converted to the PSGs. Not that my preferences are changing, but that there are bugs in the turret firing AI (I posted the details here). Bleh. :(

At least the Nemesis looks sorta like the Dragon.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 16:43

Nemesis = the pwn. I can't wait till I get enough money to get an Odysseus. I have tons of factories but I can't leave SETA on for any length of time or my game freezes.

samaritan
x3

Post by samaritan » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 18:59

Which ship is that cockpit image from?

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 20:07

Paranid Nemesis

:Nova
xr

Post by :Nova » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 23:10

Actually if you press Shift-O isnt there an option to stop them spawning?

*nova is off to check*

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Wed, 10. Dec 03, 23:13

no only the pirate bases

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”