Mosquito missiles...?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Borgcube636
x2

Mosquito missiles...?

Post by Borgcube636 » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 17:33

I've tried launching mosquito missiles at enemies multiple times on different occasions, and - even though they hit - the ships don't get damaged. It makes an explosion and stuff, but their shields never go down at all.

Why is that? whats going on here?
It is only once you have been kicked in the dirt and tasted the gravel on your tongue that you may then have a desire to stand up and walk again.

leloa
x3

Re: Mosquito missiles...?

Post by leloa » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 17:35

Borgcube636 wrote:I've tried launching mosquito missiles at enemies multiple times on different occasions, and - even though they hit - the ships don't get damaged. It makes an explosion and stuff, but their shields never go down at all.

Why is that? whats going on here?
might its damage is not enough to see it is damaged or not

Ammok Rules
x3

Post by Ammok Rules » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 17:40

It does 200 worth of damage, now on an L with 75,000 shielding you aint gonna notice much damage and even on a harrier with 3000 shields you aint gonna do much damage. But you will attract their attention.

mosquitoes are best used for missile defence, particularily in a ship with no turret.

To learn all about missiles, sort of, try this and that :)
lIfE iS a bOwL oF cHeRrIeS

Gumbercules

Post by Gumbercules » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 22:41

mosquitos are good for hitting harriers and fast moving ships to get their attention so they will turn and get killed by you.

also ive found that using them to pump an unshielded target with seems to increase the bail out rate. especially if the ship is on fire.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 18. Sep 06, 01:45

Just get a TS, fill it with mosquitoes and go on a fireing spree. The're like machine gun missiles. They may do little damage but they still manage to annoy the locals.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”