UFO-base conclusion?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

UFO-base conclusion?

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:08

Due to name calling the recent thread was locked,
so I have no choice but to put up a new one :
Please don't hate me :)

I was going to see how long this would keep going for,
but Khaak Hammer's need to believe is too strong for his own (& my) good.

I can remember being in the same position way back, in the X2 UFO-base threads & I must admit it was quite frustrating being on the other side.

So although the 1st rule of spoofing is not to admit it, I'll come clean : there definately IS a UFO base

...no no no no there ISN'T a UFO-base (as far as most people know).

MoM always told me that life is like a box of screenshots, you never know what you're going to get :)

Lost Ark was closest, the 'screenshots' are rendered but by my own prog. (see signature), its a bod scene file.
Used the same prog. to make my Avatar image.

I turn the station voice-over off as IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!! It makes me want to break things!!!
I agree, but I didn't think you could turn station-announcements off in X3, I found it sooooo annoying
that my very first post on this forum was asking how to turn it off, got used to it now though.o turn it off, got used to it now though.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:12

This will most-likely get locked but if it isent then my I say that I did'nt mean to start all that name-calling.

I can't understand why the people make so much fun of the UFO base as it is there and I have found it.

(but it dosent do ANYTHING at all, not even spawn UFO's. It's just a half-rendered box with a docking port in a unknown sector surounded by mines.)

Tartarus
x3

Post by Tartarus » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:20

Whew, glad I never went looking for it yet then. :D
"It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black."
masterk wrote:Dont get too excited about getting an M2/M1 though, the races would have your babies before they sell you one.

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:20

I doubt its really a base.

Probably a bit of stray code that slipped through the net when the game was going to be released.

Or It's texture file was wiped for some reason, or scrambled so you've got a box with a docking port that doesn't do anything

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: UFO-base conclusion?

Post by CBJ » Wed, 20. Sep 06, 23:24

Dave Toome wrote:Due to name calling the recent thread was locked,
so I have no choice but to put up a new one :
Try reading the forum rules about re-opening locked threads.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”