Problems with the Ship Installer ?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 14:27

Im having trouble with getting ships into the shipyard also.

I get them to appear for about 2 seconds but then their gone,i last played x3 about 1 year + and i dont remember having any trouble.

I see the last post here was september so maybe its fixed now?

I tried turning off all scripts and looking to see if that helped but its still the same.

Ive updated my game to the latest patch and im using the latest extended i could find.

Would love a quick fix for this, any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

[edit]

Ive managed to get the ships i wanted into the game by using the "replace exsisting ships option",it isnt how i wanted to do it but i got my ships so all is well :D

Rbbr

installer not working help

Post by Rbbr » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 16:00

hi there i have downloaded the xplugin manager from cycrow site but the installer software does not work. anyone know how to fix this?

eckian

Post by eckian » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 16:07

make sure you have the right version I found the 2.80 version dosen't work well in Vista but the older 2.12 works fine. Also make sure you have the Pluginmanager rather than ther shipinstaller

Riggs0
x3tc

Post by Riggs0 » Thu, 21. May 09, 04:07

If I miss anything to help understand what is wrong let me know and I will try to explain better though here it goes. I have been playing Xuniverse now for some time and been getting the updates (2.5) and the cockpit mod and the bonus package. I was getting some downloads from fileplanet when I decided to check for X3TC and found other mods for Reunion so I downloaded the star trek and stargate folders. Then I downloaded your Plugin Manager and tried to install the ships. My first attempt I know what I did wrong however when I tried to install the ships in the right spot I still somehow screwed up my game. I can not read nothing all it sayes when getting into a new game or continue and in game is either textand some numbers or readtext then numbers. I hope I explained my problem okay I am running vista home basic (32bit), and I hope you can help me here to :? :oops: :) :?:

Riggs0
x3tc

Post by Riggs0 » Thu, 21. May 09, 04:30

and I forgot to mention that the readme file that came with the folders from fileplanet does me no good because I can not read anything but english. :oops: So I am helpless without translation or other help. :)
TextIDnotfound and readtext####-### is 95 to 99% there the odd time I can see actual words. :? and the text document that came with the star trek is "Guia de Instalacion" and stargate is "Instrucciones de instalacion" I need "english dude." 8) I guess I should mention that on my 10 (? I think) I decided on the plugin manager it be best to leave the language on english 44 even if I have it on manual because I had it on custom and the number was 0. :oops: Will different language options cause this?

Riggs0
x3tc

Post by Riggs0 » Thu, 21. May 09, 23:17

I got my problem fixed about the text being screwed up I just can not figure out how to get them damn ships into my game. :oops: :evil: any help will be read and tried plz I am new at this mob biz.

Riggs0
x3tc

Post by Riggs0 » Fri, 22. May 09, 08:42

I now can script in the new ships however I was wondering if I can get all the mods I use to work together. Can these ships be sold or do I have to script them all the time?

thedemonfox
x3

cant download the starship manager. says link is broken

Post by thedemonfox » Sat, 19. Dec 09, 00:24

hey does someone have the terran conflict ship manager? think link here in the forums seems broken D: please halp ;.;

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: cant download the starship manager. says link is broken

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 16:26

thedemonfox wrote:hey does someone have the terran conflict ship manager? think link here in the forums seems broken D: please halp ;.;
the one for terran conflict is currently in beta testing and the thread is found in the TC forums section

dreyslore
x4

Post by dreyslore » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 13:11

I am having trouble downloading this one, when I try to download it directly I get
The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

when I try the main site I get SquirrelMail help pls

g01an
x3tc

Different problem? Probably not... Ships not available in game.

Post by g01an » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 00:50

Hi guys,

First post, sorry to start with broblem (BTW, great job on all the little custom things you made for this game!).

Pre:
0. Clean install of the entire game (X3TC and AP) and a new save file
1. installed the bonus package, enabled scripts and installed some scripts I've tested and liked before the clean install (there is only one mod: mobile ship repairs and I can provide a complete list if needed).
2. I found and installed ships from Cycrow's site and used a simple script to spawn them in my possession, next to my position (so its ok if they aren't available in shipyards - I'd prefer it that way until I have my own stations).
At this point everything was fine, I spawned the STNG flagship, played a little and didn't save the game.

3. On the next restart of the game, I can't find Star Trek Galaxy class when searching the ship type menu.

Next :
4. XPlugin: Install Package ship again (the ship files are in the games directories too)
5. Using X Models 3d Viewer or in the game I can't find the ID of ANY newly installed ships

What to do? Am I missing a plugin/script? How can I correct this situation, I don't want to clean install the game again (so soon).
-------------------------------
XPluginManager v1.47
X3TC - latest steam version - game is not installed in Program Files - to avoid permission warnings.
Win7 (programs are whitelisted in Firewall and MicrosoftEssentials)
--------------------------------
One more thing, tutorials, stickies and most of the information is quite old, is it still applicable?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 3. Jan 13, 01:38

g01an wrote:One more thing, tutorials, stickies and most of the information is quite old, is it still applicable?
No.

You posted in the wrong forum (X3: Reunion Scripts and Modding Forum) in a very old thread for the wrong program (this topic is about the old Plugin manager). The correct thread for the Plugin Manager you have installed can be found here.
dreyslore wrote:I am having trouble downloading this one, when I try to download it directly I get
What download link are you trying to use? The one in the Plugin Manager thread at the top of the forum works for me. Alternatively the new Plugin Manager Lite linked above should also work with X3R.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Kenshin87
x3tc

ima noob

Post by Kenshin87 » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 20:25

Please excuse my noob ignorance but i just yesterday installed the plugin manager and installed a few of the battlestar galactica .xsp ship packages. Script editor is also enabled.

Assuming everything was installed right, what do i do now? I'm of course interested in using the ships that i just installed.

I guess what i'm getting at, is there an additional step that i'm missing? such as using the editor to create the ship or something? Please feel free to just point me in the right direction and i can read up and educate myself on the topic but from a quick search i did not see any instructions on how to use the plug-ins, just on how to install them.

Thanks for you're help!

-edit-
Ok now i'm seeing one here and there on random race's shipyards.... Is there any way to set them to all be purchasable from say one particular shipyard or one race's shipyards in general?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”