How to squash SQUASH Mines?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tb87670
x3tc

How to squash SQUASH Mines?

Post by tb87670 » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 04:23

I just finally scouted out Loomankstrats Legacy for the first time today and my Disco just exploded from apparently nothing. I think it was a SQUASH mine after I loaded and read the system description of Loomanckstrats Legacy after re-scouting along the beacons. Does anyone know how to detect SQUASH Mines or how get rid of them?
I'll admit that I may be wrong, but I'm pretty damn sure I'm right.

soleseacher

Post by soleseacher » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 04:46

right if you want to detect mines and have them show up on your sector map use the page up page down keys which shows nearst object too you but be warned you need to be within at least 5km of the mine for it to be detected a bit dodgy with a low shielded ship like the disco.
increasing you scanner range dosn't really help much effect with regards to mines.
You will find mines are layed in fields if you detect one be careful you can garantee theses more.
You can distroy by by simply using you lazers but keep a safe distance and if mines are layed in close proximity by destroying one you could set off a chain reaction and set off several so bare that in mind before you let rip :lol:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 05:27

Shift-T is your friend in this situation - target nearest enemy. You can also cycle through the enemies as mentioned above using Home and End, with the same 5km restriction. I generally just fly along hitting shift-T periodically.

For getting rid of them, in a disco, your guns range may be a problem. I'd be looking to remove them with missiles.

tb87670
x3tc

Post by tb87670 » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 06:40

Thx for the info. I think ill be avoiding Loomans Legacy for a while though.
I'll admit that I may be wrong, but I'm pretty damn sure I'm right.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”