Resolving UFO Base

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you believe the base is out there?

Yes
31%
No
50%
Don't care, too much work to find anyway
19%

Total votes: 88

allanon10101
x3

Resolving UFO Base

Post by allanon10101 » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 14:48

I am reading that a lot of people believe there is a UFO base out there in X3. Some of you even claim to have seen it, and visited it. However, for those of us that don't really believe it exists, I have a way for us to prove it (or be proven wrong, as the case may be).

In this game, there is a little bug we can exploit. You get in a Jag Raider, and fly out to the extreme reaches of a system. At 5000km (about 14 minutes flight) you are unable to travel any further, and the entire map is revealed for that system. Then, all you have to do is select a jumpgate, and press the autopilot key, and you will instantly be jumped back to the next system across. If we can do this for every system, we can completely map the entire gate network.

Now this is as close as we are going to be able to get to proving once and for all whether there really is a UFO base out there or not. I will be doing this in every system over the next few days. Is there anyone else that would like to join in, and help ease the load by taking a few systems?

Either that, or would one of you who has "visited" this base like to give us some credible co-ordinates to visit, and see for ourselves?
"Crazy person says what now" "What?" "Thankyou" "What?"
-My last conversation with myself

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 14:57

Had it existed those who visited would have made screenshots. Seeing how fast all free ships were found with the usage of scripts i'm sure that were there a secret ufo base it'd be common knowledge by now.

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 14:58

Believe, makes it much more intresting, than the usual boring no.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 15:00

I always thought of this as something to do to new people.

Kinda like working in a garage and sending the new guy out for muffler bearings or head light fluid. Being in construction, my favorites were sending them for a board stretchers and checkered paint.

allanon10101
x3

Post by allanon10101 » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 15:02

That's roughly what I thought, but some people still insist it exists. And I just can't resist proving someone's belief system to be based on an illusion :twisted:

Plus I'm kinda bored right now, and it's something to do for a couple of days :D

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 15:11

I'd rather chisel my teeth out than to try that.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 15:16

The eternal subject re-emerges......

Oh dear :-)
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

allanon10101
x3

Post by allanon10101 » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 15:19

I finally got the Scrubs season 4 dvd so I can watch that whilst I do it, and at 14mins a sector, it won't take too many days. I'll have an answer within a week, I reckon. I'm taking a year off work, and regretting it now. Kinda bored. So, I need something to do.

P.S. Try a spatula rather than a chisel. More teeth per hit :lol:

Well, off to Scrub-fest. Seasons 1-4 here I come. I'll post co-ords and screenies if I find anything, so don't expect to see anything on this thread from me for a while :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 02:56

So, there are at least three gullible people still on the forum. Anyone ready for a snipe hunt? :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 04:00

This whole topic is patently absurdly redundant! All you need to do is head over to the modding forum where you'll find informatin that no such base exists! Prove it to yourself by taking a close look at the galaxy map in detail. There is NO UFO base period. :roll: (Spoiler not used since I never use them because they are a waste of your time and mine)

allanon10101
x3

Post by allanon10101 » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 06:59

I voted no. It doesn't exist. It's the Loch-Ness Monster of X3. I know that. You know that. I'm just out to prove it once and for all (without the use of scripts). But scientists need to be able to prove their theories, and unfortunately, it's what I do. That plus I need something to do whilst I watch scrubs, and my bank account grows :D

Also, I want to see what else is out there. You never know what you can find (well, maybe you do, but it's nice to occasionally think that there may be something no-one else has found still out there) :P

P.S. Gullible is such a harsh term. Think of them as "Unfoundedly Optimistic" :lol:

P.P.S. Nothing yet. Done about 30 sectors so far.

fiksal
x4

Re: Resolving UFO Base

Post by fiksal » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 07:15

allanon10101 wrote: Now this is as close as we are going to be able to get to proving once and for all whether there really is a UFO base out there or not. I will be doing this in every system over the next few days. Is there anyone else that would like to join in, and help ease the load by taking a few systems?
Well, I heard that many people say - there's none, and that the code for it doesnt exist (or a 3D model). And I havent seen anyone who said that it does. So that's kinda good enough for me :)

14min per every sector, minimum? That sounds like a lot of work... so no thanks... but may the force be with you
allanon10101 wrote: Also, I want to see what else is out there. You never know what you can find (well, maybe you do, but it's nice to occasionally think that there may be something no-one else has found still out there) :P
That's the only useful thing I see in this experiment - if you find a ship, rare cargo or a rare asteroid, that no-one else had found.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 07:20

How about you just ask the modders?

Seeing as the modders can

1: Look in the Galaxy Editors...
and
2: Look through the scripts to see about scripts that generate the base.

Sheesh... we modders have to know all this stuff to get things done.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 07:55

I do hope that they never put the UFO base in. It would remove the silliness of the little UFOs, and that would be a shame
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 08:47

mrbadger wrote:I do hope that they never put the UFO base in. It would remove the silliness of the little UFOs, and that would be a shame
what if they added more UFOs?

stemardue
x3tc

Post by stemardue » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 13:12

I choose to believe!

:teladi:

The truth is out there...

:roll:

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 13:13

Hi there,

I agree with mrbadger,

If they had a findable base, it would be one less little mystery. After playing X2 lots [my first X game], X3 was beautiful and better in may ways but unlike in X2 experiance, exploring an almost identical gate network was not very interesting.

It's bad enough that the 'special' Boron, Argon and Paranid stations still offer nothing new in terms of equipment, prestige or BBS missions.

At least the 'hidden Goner jumpdrive research station' BBS message offers the possibility that one day it might be revealed and have a unique roll but if it's another white elephant, I'd be very disappointed.

Take the Goners for example...they have a 'base' but just fly around the universe in naff ships until they die in Xenon sectors...Amusing reaction if you talk to or shoot at them but ultimately pointless.

...ok, perhaps the back plot kind of excuses Goners from try to talk to Xenon but lets face it, they probably only go to those sectors by chance [anyone know otherwise?].

Although they do seem to be a good way to offer crap gunnery missions that would be completely pointless if you could only tell your personal ships to protect the transporters...

The UFOs may have no point but they tap into our sense of wonder and intrigue, which can both be anticlimactically dispelled once you meet something for the first time.

Sparky

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 13:17

Edit...if there every were a multiplayer X-game, the UFO's would make excellent and amusing craft for moderators or even perhaps bystanders who want to watch but not join in...

Space Traffic Wardens if you like :)

Dave

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 13:45

R.Styles wrote:
mrbadger wrote:I do hope that they never put the UFO base in. It would remove the silliness of the little UFOs, and that would be a shame
what if they added more UFOs?
then they'd need to add more bases, and the aliens would get more UFO's

Before you know it you'd have a full scale cold war on your hands, and someone would start parking UFO bases just outside Argon prime...

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 12. Oct 06, 14:03

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:the UFO's would make excellent and amusing craft for moderators or even perhaps bystanders who want to watch but not join in...
Yeah, moderators in small shieldless ships, i love the idea ^^
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”