System Override software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Andy2437
x2

System Override software

Post by Andy2437 » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 17:41

Have bought System Override Software, can anyone please tell me how activate it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 17:55

It works the same way as claiming ships normally, you jsut dont have to get out your cockpit

Tw122le
x3ap

Post by Tw122le » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 18:06

You still need to be close though! and its illegal if you get scanned by sector patrols and police etc.
X3 GOTY, X2 v1.4 + 1.03.03. X-BTF & X-Tension 2.1a.
X2 Guides courtesy of Nilof:Click Here
I only play the games, not make the rules.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 19:53

My advice: Load up a save game before you bought it, and save yourself 600,000 wasted credits.

As other's have said it allows you to claim empty ships without getting into your space suit. However-

1) You still have to get very close
2) It's illegal which means if you're scanned with it you either have to eject it or take a race rep hit

In short it's a total waste of money. Avoid.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 20:48

none of you have bothered to try it out with capital ship now have you.....

well from the bridge of my Raptor I need to be within 1km of the target ship and I can claim it.

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Sat, 21. Oct 06, 00:42

Geggo wrote:none of you have bothered to try it out with capital ship now have you.....
well, Raptor is an M1, so you can have an M5 to get in position.. M2 capping without SOS is more tough - ejecting throws you like 1km left..
Attach the nails and electrodes!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 21. Oct 06, 00:52

Geggo wrote:none of you have bothered to try it out with capital ship now have you.....

well from the bridge of my Raptor I need to be within 1km of the target ship and I can claim it.
SOS is marginally useful in this case. But I find it rather tedious to fly my M1 up close to each empty ship. It's actually faster to hop in an M5 and claim ships the 'old-fashioned way'. :wink: If you're in uncontrolled or enemy space, then SOS could be useful in the M5, but it's really not that big of a deal. I never attempt to claim ships in hostile territory until all the baddies are gone anyway. Even using SOS, enemy ships can spoil your collection attempts. :fg:

If you have lots of spare cash, and a TL or M1 to dock in, go ahead and get the SOS. You can hide the SOS in one of your docked ships until needed. But without that capability, SOS will most likely get you in trouble the first time you get scanned, negating any benefits you may have gotten from it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sat, 21. Oct 06, 08:27

I find SOS+Raptor+docking computer+transporter beam to be the only realistic combination when collecting L's from xenon sectors.

Like this one, over a page of claimable ships and half a page of xenons.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~kauhanen/x3screen00649.jpg

as for using M5 to claim the ships and then docking them, I tried that and it works provided that K won't jump on top of your carrier while it's sitting idle in the sector. (that happened to me, I didn't even notice it before it was too late.)

Marijn
x3tc

Post by Marijn » Sat, 21. Oct 06, 13:04

I Find SOS also greatly usefull when in a pirate sector. I visit them every so often to cap me some pirate m3's and it's quite usefull not having to leave a ship in such sector.

Sirus5
x4

Sos

Post by Sirus5 » Sun, 22. Oct 06, 01:31

SOS is not a total waste of money - as Nyax said....

Most of the time Nyax is right, but there are times when it can be VERY useful...
Like the Disrupter missile factory mission... You can claim those Raijin Raiders and Sentinels quickly - and you really need to - I docked at the Discrupter fab to save and then went out and took the three on... Usually, you just have time to get one and claim it before the others are on you.... not a problem as long as you don't have to get out to claim...

I also use it in other sectors when I see a couple or 3 pirates and no sector patrols - jump in, if they bail, claim using SOS and then jump back out before I am scanned...

So, it can be VERY useful from time to time, but if you spend anything more than a few minutes in other than a pirate or sparse sector, stash it in another ship for a while.

Smauler
x2

Post by Smauler » Fri, 26. Oct 07, 14:51

You don't actually have to claim those ships when in the disruptor mission. You can just leave them there until after the mission, then head back and pick them up at your leisure. I'm flying one of my Raijin Raider M4s right now :).

ps. sorry for resurrecting an old thread, I was looking for info on SOS, which I probably won't buy having seen this thread.... though will grab mk2/salvage when I can afford it...

Germs
x2

Post by Germs » Fri, 26. Oct 07, 15:40

useful in unfriendly sectors when enemies approaching and you need to claim
your price quickly. (i.e. ships using PSG would destroy it)
like you finally got the elusive Pirate Raider or LX and before you can claim it
it's blown to bits.
as mentioned before docking computer,transporter comes very handy in combination with the SOS.
Spoiler
Show
after installing the latest patch and if you lucky you get offered to buy a "software scrambler" on a pirate station.
after buying it there is no need to hide the SOS anymore.
ships scanning you will not see the "SOS".

jimmydude
x3tc

Post by jimmydude » Fri, 26. Oct 07, 15:49

^ What Germs said! No scripts needed. Although its expensive...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”