Small issue - Teladi Lottery

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

TycHouse
x3tc

Small issue - Teladi Lottery

Post by TycHouse » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 13:09

On the bbs in Teladi space the 'Lottery' says ".... Previously ticket number $ticket_prev$ won. Choose the winning ...... etc etc".

No big deal but thought i'd mention it.
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

interax
x4

Post by interax » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 13:52

Has anyone played this yet?
Does anyone know what the odds of winning are?
How often is it drawn?
Is it worth it?

Post by Guest » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 14:10

Played the game once, did not hear anything about either winning or loosing... dont know how the results are transmitted !? :?

My guess is that we must receive a message if we win, I am only presuming this !

If anyone knows more please post :)

Kattar

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Fri, 12. Dec 03, 17:50

That text bug is known and will be fixed in 1.1

As the offer text should say you will be notified if your numbers were drawn.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

interax
x4

Post by interax » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 01:10

What about the odds?
And how often is it drawn?

Cheesekeeper
x2

Post by Cheesekeeper » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 07:25

It has been said that you have a three times greater chance of being hit by a bus, than you have of winning lotto. Now, consider the odds of being hit by a bus in outer space............. :mrgreen:

Wags
x2

Post by Wags » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 17:54

Ugh. Space powerball. If you get 5 numbers right do you get a particle accelerator? I want to play my birthday as one of my lucky numbers. Hey- Egosoft- add a little realism... when the jackpot gets really big, you could have all of the people from surrounding sectors fly in to buy tickets creating an interstellar traffic jam making it impossible to get around like the people from MA do to us in New Hampshire.

Well, I'm glad they opted out on the Teladi scratch tickets. Fingernail marks on the monitor are aesthetically unappealing. :P
Behind every self made man are 100 disgruntled employees who brought him where he is today.

JrStonewall
x2

Post by JrStonewall » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 18:11

interax wrote:Has anyone played this yet?
Does anyone know what the odds of winning are?
How often is it drawn?
Is it worth it?
the odds are quite low. I spent 8hours real time profit on them and nada. Some seem to be drawn every 5 minutes, at least in Teladi space. Other places the lotteries are alot more rare or slower. I quit because it just waste your hard earned credits, on the otherhand the jackpots are usually so huge you would hate it if you won because you could buy a dozen destroyers and capital ships in cash, which would probably make you lose interest instead of working for it. I would much prefer lottery where each ticket only cost 10 cred and the jackpot is only 100k, or 100 cred for 1million jackpot. But a 60billion jackpot is absurd.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 18:42

Actually, Brianetta commented that the code is readily available in the DevNet and that the actual odds of winning are much greater in real life than in X2. Guess what? I quit playing the X2 Lottery.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thursday
x2

Post by Thursday » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 03:12

It has been said that you have a three times greater chance of being hit by a bus, than you have of winning lotto. Now, consider the odds of being hit by a bus in outer space.............
Well, when the Pope was in town last summer I was almost run down by one tour bus and was cut off (while walking, no less) by a couple others.... Maybe that's a good sign.

etchasketch
x2

Post by etchasketch » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 07:27

Thursday wrote:
It has been said that you have a three times greater chance of being hit by a bus, than you have of winning lotto. Now, consider the odds of being hit by a bus in outer space.............
Well, when the Pope was in town last summer I was almost run down by one tour bus and was cut off (while walking, no less) by a couple others.... Maybe that's a good sign.
or maybe you've used up all your good luck? :?

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”