(Req) Does a mod exist that removes hammerhead / firestorm torpedos?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

anneonemous
x3tc

(Req) Does a mod exist that removes hammerhead / firestorm torpedos?

Post by anneonemous » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 00:41

The volume damage effect of the 'unknown objects' (hammerheads) is a little frustrating.

1. Are these torpedos necessary for the plot? (Yes/no answers please, no spoilers).

2. Does a mod / rebalance exist that either
(i) removes them entirely if they're not needed for the plot.
(ii) or reduces the damage radius to something sensible (100 - 200m).
(iii) or more realistically from a tactical point of view; stops M3 / M4 NPCs firing them at a target closer than a few kilometers away (such as my M3 / M4 in close quarter combat, thus killing themselves too)?

The reason I am asking is that I do not re-load the game if I die; I start a new game.

I don't mind restarting when I do something stupid; but the instant death when one of the high yield torps is fired during a dogfight and then shot down by a mosquito is getting a little old. At least, this is what I assume is instantly killing me, and I don't even think I've met a firestorm yet.

I searched the FAQs, and also used the extra-search but couldn't find anything that obviously did what I want.

Thanks,

AoN

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 00:58

u could make the mod urself, adjusting the damage done by missiles, or even removing them is something simple.

just edit the missiles file with the X3 Editor

random50
x3

Post by random50 » Tue, 31. Oct 06, 14:08

Restarting every time you die is going to get very old, too.

Especially if you're doing the plot. There are some missions it's unlikely you'll be able to do first time, and for which the penalty is death.

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Wed, 1. Nov 06, 20:14

If I remove them from Tmissiles file, are any other actions required to prevent problems with NPC ship loadouts?

Thanks,

AON

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”