Arn't Kyon emitters supposed to be accurate?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

robcoe
x3

Arn't Kyon emitters supposed to be accurate?

Post by robcoe » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 03:36

A few days ago i loaded the bluestar m6 ship into my game, after trying it out loaded with beta kyon emitters i found out something, these things couldent shoot down a fighter for a million bucks. With the aim assist on the beams would allways shoot above, below or to the side of any ship smaller than a TS, and without the aim assist it was near impossable to keep a fighter in the sights of my m6 long enough to do any real damage.

Is this a general thing with these guns? And if it is, is there some way I can modify them so they will actualy hit?

Phantom118
x3

Post by Phantom118 » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 03:54

Hmmm... i dont know whats going on there. I have kyon emitters on almost all my ships and they can pick of a create or m5 from over 2km away. :lol:

robcoe
x3

Post by robcoe » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 04:09

thats what i figured they would be like. but with them i cant hit anything.

I thought after i made it through the kaack missions in the plot on hte first try i actualy might be good at dogeing fire, now i think the scouts and fighters couldent have hit me if i was standing still

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 05:35

You have to hold the fire button down on the targeting lead.
If you're not doing that, or using aim assist, you're just going to fire straight ahead.
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

robcoe
x3

Post by robcoe » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 10:57

You have to hold the fire button down on the targeting lead.
If you're not doing that, or using aim assist, you're just going to fire straight ahead.
As i said in the begining, with target assist, even with the crosshair right on the lead target indicator shots would allways go just outside the hitbox off an m3. Things improved when i turned off the aim assist and just used the LTI but even then it was hit or miss.

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 09:56

That's the nature of Kyons...

Kyons are sure powerful weapon, because it does need several time to reach its target. But the highest the level, more energy also needed. This has been kept for quiet a while from the beginning [remember X2 The Threat]. If they [Kha'ak] have a very deadly weapon, so does what we have like MDs and PBEs.

One thing though, does anyone know why other ship attacks other ship and they can still firing continuesly without fearing their energy depleted ? this is what I got...

I have a Kha'ak Fighter, and equip it with two BKEs and a AKEs. Only just a couple of 10 shots, the energy got depleted. But when I left my Kha'ak Fighter, it fires more than I could. Why is that ?
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

MightyOdin
x3tc

Post by MightyOdin » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 10:27

The Game Cheat's hehe :D

i'm no expert on that erea but I'll guess that it is related to the game engine and som scripts.
Also the battle agenst the enemy would be cinda dull if they always runn out of power.
Then you culd sitt there and wait untill they are empty on energy and then fly inn and kill em off one by one without anny risk of being shoot down.

Thera
x3

Post by Thera » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 12:24

IIRC - The NPC ships do not alway's use all the installed weapons at once, plus are you taking into account the time it takes for weapons to recharge whilst the NOC ship turn's/reacquires you as a target?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”