Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dayidmcd
x3tc

Avarice

Post by dayidmcd » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 14:35

"If you had dreams of Avarice but didn't have the cash, then there may be another chance for you with the 2.0 update." okay i give up what does this mean ??????? :?

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 14:40

Avarice is a sector, found near Montelaar, that had you been fortunate to get the BBS message saying that it was for sale, you could have bought it.

The message is a random one time offer. Once bought the sector would pass to being in your control.

In 2.0 they will give those not so fortunate a chance to claim this once again.

dayidmcd
x3tc

Ta

Post by dayidmcd » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 14:45

Never got that message thanks

Bommelhonk
x4

Post by Bommelhonk » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 15:29

You only get this message if you have or had at one time in the game more than 200.000.000 Credits on your account, and only before the 13th or 15th ingame-day. I don't remember the specific dates, but it also has to do something with doing a Xenon Invasion and killing all the Xenons yourself, as someone stated in another thread - but that are only rumors, the only more or less varified trigger for the event is having more than 200 million credits.
Oh yes, and the price for the sector is somewhere above 1.000.000.000 credits...

bgfreak

Post by bgfreak » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 15:46

And what does the ownership of Avarice give you?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 15:57

bgfreak wrote:And what does the ownership of Avarice give you?
The sector itself and nothing else.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Kerrdles
x3

Post by Kerrdles » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 16:10

Can you name the sector yourself? Once you buy it :)

Wip3out (Bru)
xr

Post by Wip3out (Bru) » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 16:34

Name it? - Kind of. From what I hear you get a few names to choose from. But that's all.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 16:35

Sort of. I think you get offered a list of choices, and you get to pick one

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 5. Nov 06, 16:35

You can choose the sector name from a limited list of possibilities.

The sector names that Betty the shipboard computer announces when you target gates are all prerecorded. If we could choose any arbitrary sector name then there would be problems with this - mainly that a player-named sector would become rather anonymous, and Betty would announce "Gate:" as you prepare to come home. Rather than that we have the situation that a number of suitably avaricious names are made available - I assume EgoSoft had some spare sector names pre-recorded or something like that.

Ownership of Avarice gives you the chance to name the sector. You also get an empty sector where no other stations are built.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

jaslow2
x3tc

Post by jaslow2 » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 02:23

You also get a trade station in the sector for your 1bil from what I've read

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 02:28

I could not figure out were I had to be to put a bid in .So now Burn`it owns it. MAy be I didn't scroll down the mgs far enough.

jaslow2
x3tc

Post by jaslow2 » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 02:42

It all went a bit weird in my game - got a message that the bidding had started then one saying it had been won before I'd even left the sector! I seem to remember there being another couple of messages about bids going up etc AFTER it had already finished but I didn't pay much attention as I couldn't afford it at that point anyway. Hopefully its more obvious this time round...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 11:55

jaslow2 wrote:It all went a bit weird in my game - got a message that the bidding had started then one saying it had been won before I'd even left the sector!
Same as in my game. The sector became Avarice at about day ten and the "Auction starts, third time, sold to BurnIt!" occurred about two days later. I never had over 130 mil on my account and did not have the funds to bid anyway.

jaslow2
x3tc

Post by jaslow2 » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 19:38

jlehtone wrote:never had over 130 mil on my account
Making sure I do that in preparation for the new chance we're getting, just hope that the price hasn't increased too much and that the 'clues' for joining in will be more forgiving.
Or maybe that Ego will've changed the format of obtaining it and you have to do so forcefully with an M2 or five, that would be good

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 20:17

jaslow2 wrote:Or maybe that Ego will've changed the format of obtaining it and you have to do so forcefully with an M2 or five, that would be good
Yes, they could have a character on board the Teladi Trading Dock called !BurnIt, who can be told "Surrender!", and if you have more firepower than he has in the system, then he hands it all to you. Of course, to be balanced he could set timers that destroy all his stations and any ships you have docked with them... :evil:

[/silly idea]
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 20:22

softweir wrote:
jaslow2 wrote:Or maybe that Ego will've changed the format of obtaining it and you have to do so forcefully with an M2 or five, that would be good
Yes, they could have a character on board the Teladi Trading Dock called !BurnIt, who can be told "Surrender!", and if you have more firepower than he has in the system, then he hands it all to you. Of course, to be balanced he could set timers that destroy all his stations and any ships you have docked with them... :evil:

[/silly idea]
Hm, if sector was taken by force, place ~100 squash mines in the sector and set the Trading Station to self-destruct once the player docks there - sounds like a plan!

Alright - 2.0.01 will be delayed, I have to re-write the Sector Auction slightly :D
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

jaslow2
x3tc

Post by jaslow2 » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 20:42

BurnIt! wrote:Alright - 2.0.01 will be delayed, I have to re-write the Sector Auction slightly :D
:o Now thats just cruel !! Please, just forget we ever said anything - a nice placid takeover will be just fine and dandy :D

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 21:03

Alright then, no further delays ;)

As for the changes to the auction:
the conditions for getting it to show have been simplified so it should be a lot harder to miss it.
(for example the only time the money on your account becomes relevant is when you actually try to place a bid)
And there's a little more time for you to get the cash, too.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

sumppi
xr

Post by sumppi » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 21:10

Just buy fleet of dozen m1 and m2 and just take it by brute force! destroy all gates exept one and plant it full of mines and only one leaves alive. if you want out use tractor beam or cheap disco to move/destroy the bombs. Burn BurnIt burn!!! :twisted: just joking :lol:

edit: fixed some spelling errors

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”