X4 should include POLITICS

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 02:44

Okey, I know what I am about to suggest is not in the poll choices. But hear me out. This is a detailed explanation.

In the game STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, there is a part in the game wherein becoming a racer is crucial in the progress of your plot game. Kinda like X3 where you have to race for a Teladi in ********* ***** to progress in X3's plot game. (I won't say which sector to prevent spoiling or further spoiling the game for those who haven't progressed in the plot game so far)

In STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic, once you are done with that part of the plot as a racer, then you can retire being a racer (just don't join anymore races). Or you can choose to race until you are the number one racer in the galaxy. Your choice. The more race you win, the more money you get, the more difficult the races become in terms of both track and opponents. The races span different planets with different tracks. And you have to become number 1 in all the tracks to be the all-time number one racer.

I figured that this was what was being attempted in X3, only if the player chosses to pursue a career in ***sector withheld*** after racing in the plot game, a stinkin' bug is encountered. Bleh.

If and when this bug is fixed. I hope there would be more sectors hosting racing tracks, each one more difficult than the last. And as you climb the top of the racing chart, the opponents should naturally become more difficult. I hope this bug is fixed come Bala Gi Research Missions.

Moving on to X4; something similar to this should be available to players. What I mean is, yeah, in X4 you can be a racer until you are the number 1 racing champ defending his/her title against would-be champs.

Or you could join the Split's SpaceFly harvesting contest and earn lots of money when you progress thru the ranks. Ofcourse this would mean that you will loose a lot of reputation with all Foundation Guild races.

Or you could join one of those martial arts tournaments that we keep reading about in the BBS. Or at the very least, you could watch a martial arts tournament and even place a bet or two.

Maybe you could invest in a concert and help in putting it up as the concert's director and even provide space-based security with you ships?
Remember those BBS News that says that this Argon MTV-type person's new album has hit #1 in the charts, and that this MTV-type person has concerts sold out for several months?

Or maybe you could help spread awareness concerning archeology and biology. Remember those BBS News where this Professor speaker-dude talks about SpaceFlies and how badly their numbers have decreased? You could sponsor the Professor speaker-dude, and if you actually help him succeed (stop an assasination attempt) you could actually INFLUENCE THE POLITICS of the X Universe:

"Headline News: Due to Professor Speaker-Dude's talk on Space Flies in Split Space, most Split now see SpaceFlies as Endangered Species, Pressures on Split Government to Stop Harvesting SpaceFlies. Julian Brennan involved."

Or

"Headline News: Julian Brennan donates 10 M2-size Debris Collector Ships to Paranid as a sign of goodwill from the Argon. Argon-Paranid relations benefits."

X3 has a good ECONOMY system. Its got a good Spacefight-sim system too. X4 should then include POLITICS.

Streaks
x3

X4 should include POLITICS

Post by Streaks » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 02:51

In X3, you can be the baddest Fighter Pilot with Fleets of Powerful ships. You can also be an Economic Demigod with lots of stations and traders.

So why on Earth...or Argon Prime...should you not be able to influence POLITICS?

I actually made a detailed suggestion in the [ Poll ] If you had to choose one thing for X4... by silenttwitness.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 03:09

I actually made a detailed suggestion in the [ Poll ] If you had to choose one thing for X4... by silenttwitness.
And I just merged it into this thread. Not only is it not in the poll option, but you're posting a new thread basically to advertise a post in another, which is a bit redundant. So I've moved it in here for you.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 03:57

Thanks esd. That's quite helpful.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”