Stone-D's X² patch - WARNING - SPOILER CONTENT

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stone-D

Stone-D's X² patch - WARNING - SPOILER CONTENT

Post by Stone-D » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 07:26

Made a new build of X2Patch last night, but my damned ADSL line at work cut out.

At a crappy netcafe ATM, so gotta be brief.

http://stone-d.dynsns.org/content/x/x2patch02.exe

At least, I think that's the URL. :)

Savegames can now be 'Saved as' but not Saved, as a security measure.

Not sure, but I think this build also has DAT unpacking. If not, I'll post another build tonight from home.

Cya.

(edit - updated title to reflect X-Tension instead of X² - correct me if I'm wrong :wink: - Abyss)

(edit x 2 - I WAS wrong - Abyss)
--
Look, no SIG!

Black_Lightning
x2

Re: X2Patch

Post by Black_Lightning » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 07:31

Stone-D wrote: At least, I think that's the URL. :)
nope, no trix for you :P Url Doesn't work :p

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 07:32

rats

"Page cannot be displayed"

rats

Psi Diver X
x3

Post by Psi Diver X » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 07:48

You don't have to tease us and rub it in our faces :lol:

moore+
x2

Post by moore+ » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 08:43

it wasnt hard to figure with some sense guys...

http://stone-d.dyndns.org/content/x2/x2patch02.exe

Fallout
x3tc

Post by Fallout » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 09:08

Ummm. If I were you I wouldn't download the file on this link. Judging from him having not registered his copy it is highly probable that the exe file posted is a key stealer or a worm of some sort.

When the patch is done it'll be on the official Egosoft site, not some dodgy third party web site (unless its an offical mirror which will be linked to from the egosoft site).

At least the link doesn't work so hasty people can read this before having run it.

Black_Lightning
x2

Post by Black_Lightning » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 09:29

lol, i just noticed those little cd thingys for saying x2 is registered by your names, I got the little serial code on the inside of the manual... where are you supposed to go and use that? :? I want registered by my name :cry:

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 09:30

You enter it in your profile.

It looks like the nitty gritty details like ship stats in the .dat file are all packed up like the scripts. :cry:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 09:39

Fallout wrote:Ummm. If I were you I wouldn't download the file on this link. Judging from him having not registered his copy it is highly probable that the exe file posted is a key stealer or a worm of some sort.

When the patch is done it'll be on the official Egosoft site, not some dodgy third party web site (unless its an offical mirror which will be linked to from the egosoft site).

At least the link doesn't work so hasty people can read this before having run it.
Fallout, this isn't the X2 patch Egosoft are working on. Stone-D wrote a utility called XTPatch for X-Tension which allowed you to modify the stats of the ships in the game, so you could have fun with an Argon Mammoth with 1200 m/s speed and 100 125MW shields if you wanted. I would assume this is the X2 version of the same program.

Fallout
x3tc

Post by Fallout » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 11:42

Oh, my bad. I've never heard or seen the web site for it so I assumed it was something dodgy. My apologies if I've offended the creator.

Drakoth

Post by Drakoth » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 16:50

does anyone have a mirror for this x2 patch? id love to increase some of the cargo sizes..

tommee gunn

Post by tommee gunn » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 16:57

Drakoth wrote:does anyone have a mirror for this x2 patch? id love to increase some of the cargo sizes..
'cheat' you mean :roll:

Drakoth

Post by Drakoth » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 16:59

tommee gunn wrote:
Drakoth wrote:does anyone have a mirror for this x2 patch? id love to increase some of the cargo sizes..
'cheat' you mean :roll:
Just wanted to boost the argon titan by 500 spaces, to hold extra energy cells. jumps get pretty expensive..

HonoredShadow

Post by HonoredShadow » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:15

This is starting to get silly about the patch though! Does anyone have a clue? What about you guys that make the game? Any idea please?

petroff

Re: X2Patch

Post by petroff » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:22

Stone-D wrote:Made a new build of X2Patch last night, but my damned ADSL line at work cut out.

At a crappy netcafe ATM, so gotta be brief.

http://stone-d.dynsns.org/content/x/x2patch02.exe

At least, I think that's the URL. :)

Savegames can now be 'Saved as' but not Saved, as a security measure.

Not sure, but I think this build also has DAT unpacking. If not, I'll post another build tonight from home.

Cya.

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:34

I've edited the original title of this thread as it's causing some confusion. Unless I'm wrong (which happens several times every day) he was referring to the 2nd versino of his patch for X-Tension, not X². If I'm wrong, please correct me.
moore+ wrote:it wasnt hard to figure with some sense guys...

http://stone-d.dyndns.org/content/x2/x2patch02.exe
Hth
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Drakoth

Post by Drakoth » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:36

Abyss, im pretty sure this is his X-tension patch program made for X2: the threat.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:44

Drakoth wrote:Abyss, im pretty sure this is his X-tension patch program made for X2: the threat.
It could well be - I haven't tried it. But I just wanted to avoid any possible confusion that a forum member could think that this was based on the soon-to-be-released Egosoft patch.

Again, if I'm wrong, I apologise to Stone-D, will change it back, and eat some humble pie :)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Stone-D

Post by Stone-D » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 19:39

The_Abyss wrote:Again, if I'm wrong, I apologise to Stone-D, will change it back, and eat some humble pie :)
Just a spoonful. :)

I'm on a modem ATM, so gotta be quick... still alot faster than that damned netcafe. Shit, my crappy link at work is faster, even with on-the-fly page filtering AND all the plebs emailing 10 meg amusing mpegs to each other.

X2Patch is, err, XTPatch. For X2. XTPatch, you see, was for XT. Geddit? Actually I was tempted to change the name back when I started savegame editing for XT, but I figured it would just confuse people even more than having 'Patch' in the name. XTPatch started out as a program that literally patched X-Tension's executable ONLY, so then it made sense.

FYI All : X2Patch DOES NOT YET HAVE SHIP EDITING CAPABILITIES. I have been informed via hints and deduction from this forum that X2's ship data has been moved to the DAT file.

Note that I don't actually HAVE the game! I'm coding this blind, FFS! Quite a feat, you gotta admit. :)

Fallout: Hence no ticky disk. :'D

BTW, crying shame about fallout 3, eh? My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that news on Blues News. :(

Not gonna upload another beta yet... I seem to have broken my code to repack the datafiles somehow, it's no longer functioning properly with XTv2.

Some folks have emailed me to say that savegame editing works fine with no consequences, which means that there is no anti-cheat in X2. Pleasepleaseplease could someone official verify?
--
Look, no SIG!

Stone-D

Post by Stone-D » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 19:44

BTW, did the 'Unpack DAT' tool work? If so, try moving all the directories in XData to your X2 directory, see if the game uses THEM instead of the DAT.

Who knows... performance boost, anyone? :)

Note that THIS unpacker doesn't use a crummy batch file to make the directories. :)

Oh, forgot to mention - it uses 128 megs during the unpacking period. I was lazy when I first made it, will optimize later perhaps.

To those who have used it with XT - if it works with X2, when XTPatch didn't, then it was because it was only using 40 megs then. For XT that is sufficient to cram the entire DAT into memory so it wasn't an issue. With a 600-700 meg DAT, however... yikes.
--
Look, no SIG!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”