Concussion Impulse Cannon?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Flashfire
x3tc

Concussion Impulse Cannon?

Post by Flashfire » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 19:56

What is it? What does it do? Sorry I've been away for a long time ;)
Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed... lest the ground come up and smite thee.
www.javafoundry.com/flashfire

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 20:00

Dont you just love the FAQ? :D
FAQ wrote:This weapon, aside from delivering damage to the shields of a ship also pushes the ship it hits a few meters and in some cases alters its course by completely turning it to a different direction and even causes moderate structural damage.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Flashfire
x3tc

Post by Flashfire » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 20:06

Hey... the FAQ is new to me :P
Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed... lest the ground come up and smite thee.
www.javafoundry.com/flashfire

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 20:07

You should try this weapon, its very unique and very cool to use 8)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

silentTbag

Post by silentTbag » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 20:10

for those who played freespace and freespace 2 it's basically a flail fun for fun defensive purposes so your missles can own ther A$$ :lol:
"If you fall off a cliff you might as well try to fly...what have u got to lose."

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 20:33

Sounds alot like the repulsor weapon in homeworld cataclysm.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 04:31

And where can I pick up one of these bad boys? It sounds great, and I can't wait to try it out on my Mamba :).
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 04:52

I found 2 out side a pirate base, try there.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 05:39

Outside :?

As in, the cargo containers floating about in space?
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 13:37

yup, there lieing about all over the place

Nox51

Post by Nox51 » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 09:54

so where exactly can one find this baby?I've been looking for ages for one and yet to find it.

Rorwoorro
x3

Post by Rorwoorro » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 21:36

It's completely useless...never seen such thing in x3, every weapon is usefull apart this one:

First let's say I got a couple of them and tried them out against a pirate ship in my beloved mamba raider (i'd never give it up for one of those m3+...she's always the best)...all I could do with this weapon was to alter the ship's course when I was luky otherwise it's just a waste of weapon energy. Better sell them and buy a cuouple of plasma throwers or mass drivers...I swear! Even AIRE do damage more than them.
Second they're too big as cargo size in my opinion and their fire rate is too slooooooow...
So to conclude if any of you ever come accross them check if you have enough cargo and if you do go and sell'em...at least they can give you some money
And GOD shall wipe away all the stations from their universe: and there shall be no more dealing. Neither selling, nor buying. Neither shall there be any more gain: for the former things are passed away.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 22:30

and their fire rate is too slooooooow...
And the speed even more. Got a Pirate firing at me with it while scanning a few asteroids in my M5. I danced around that (nice looking though) something to have a good look on it. :lol: I wonder if its even slower then the PPC? :?
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 23:33

useless? Try fun! I've got two on my Nova Raider (2 shield variety) and it's great when taking on enemies with turrets that otherwise would be hitting constantly...they can't hit if they can't fly straight.

For you with the Mamba Raider (not hanging on people's tails too much) the CIGs have a good long range, so you might try it against a KM3 that's heading straight for you...knock the kyons off course as I'm fairly sure you dno't want those hitting your 25mj shield for too long... Not sure what they do against larger ships as yet, but give them a chance before you knock them.
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 05:58

Fendalis wrote:useless? Try fun! I've got two on my Nova Raider (2 shield variety) and it's great when taking on enemies with turrets that otherwise would be hitting constantly...they can't hit if they can't fly straight.

For you with the Mamba Raider (not hanging on people's tails too much) the CIGs have a good long range, so you might try it against a KM3 that's heading straight for you...knock the kyons off course as I'm fairly sure you dno't want those hitting your 25mj shield for too long... Not sure what they do against larger ships as yet, but give them a chance before you knock them.
Hmmm! That could be a real advantage. :)

I wonder if they set off your missiles? Might let missiles get through turret fire to hit a Capital ship. 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 06:32

Lol imagine this if u will.

Your in a fight and theres a cap ship involved. Enemy fighters chasing you. You aim for the cap ship, you get right near the hull you dodge do a 180 blast this new weapon and bang the enemy ship flys into the cap ship severly damaging or destroying itself hehe. Might work well around asteroids as well.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”