X3 V2. Avarice bug?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Storm666
x3tc

X3 V2. Avarice bug?

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 06:50

X3 V2. Avarice bug

Seems that if you already legally own avarice and continue your game in V2 the avarice script ingors that you have owership already... In my game it has renamed the sector back to 'Avarice' (was called Legend's Home) and placed a Teladi Trading station in Avarice, also i have been invited to join the auction again (started at 615mil).

Please dont say im going to have to pay for something i already own :(

Good update Btw :)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 09:49

AAAHHH! A bug has been found! I've reported it for testing, thanks.

As this was not expected I dont know what you will have to do. Just to clarify, you already owned Averice in 1.4.3 or lower?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 12:26

I owned avarice *Legends home* too in version 1.4.3 after i started in version 2.0 my sector have been renamed/taken back to Avarice.

Its now for sale even I did owne it :evil:

I hope I have a savegame just before I bought it so I can cancle my bit on that sector. :evil:

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:41

Xenon_Slayer

Thanks for reporting the bug, but considering the handfull of people that probably managed to actually aqcuire this sector i wouldnt worry too much. we'll just have to put it down to experience that we got ripped off by some shady teladi with some forged ownership documents who is happiily spending the 1.3+ billion credits that we gave him (man i kill that con man if i see him again).
anyway i'm back in the bidding system again and it looks like the cost has been lowered so i might be able to repurchase it again (altho it will make me skint) but im curious what happens when i buy it back so will test it a little more (hope it doesnt crash).

if your testing this out i have saves availbe before and after V2 if needed (unscripted execpt bonus pack).

Thanks again

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 18:13

1 more bug about Avarice :lol:

Went back to a save game where the sector have been renamed to Avarice (day 8) but not been announced for sale. So at this time there have already been added a trading station to the sector. I bought it 3 days later and went to Avarice to claim my sector again, but this time there have been added another trading station to avarice, so it now have a Agon trading station station (Thats normally up to version 1.4.3) and also a Teladi trading station where I had to dock to claim my sector.
I only owne the Teladi trating station and not the Argon trading station that's have been normally for that sector. :?:

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 23:21

OK bit more for you (maybe L_B_P can confirm)

won the sector auction (again) this time at 660mil, got the message to report to the teladi trading station in avarice to exchange details, i jumped to sector and docked, got the usuall bleep for a message, but the message reads 'ReadText1404-8', the setcor does not change ownership the trading station remains blue, i dont get the chance to rename the sector and to capp it all off i'm now also down 660mil (and the 1.3 bil i originally paid)

this is getting to be the con of the century :evil:

anyway im now looking for an old save hopefully with lots of cash from a few months ago

Note: i also tried an un-install and re-install just to check i didnt have any scripts that may of caused the problem (same message both times)

LuxxCapacitor
x3tc

Post by LuxxCapacitor » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 15:32

I think Storm666 is on the right track:

This is the PERFECT chance to start a Teladi genocide!
Nobody cares for them especially, they're neutral in everyone's book. Time to end their profittssss.

You'll never know you brought justice to the scammer until every last Teladi is space dust.

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 16:09

Found another of my savegame before it was rename to Avarice, it was few hours before it got renamed. ATM im waiting to be allowed to offer on the sector, as the price only is 515 million. I proberly get alllowed then the price hit 600 million, but it goes darn slow atm :lol:

So ill come back then I have bought the sector to tell if it bugged too or if it bug free then you load an old game into ver. 2.01 and the sector is still unknown. This time there only a Telady trading station in there, so I hope it will work better this time :lol:

ordereduniverse

Post by ordereduniverse » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 19:09

@Storm666:

Reinstalling won't work. The ReadText1404-8 error can be avoided by turning off autosave and then docking at the station (at least it worked for me).

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 19:56

Hi,

I bought Avarice (tho I renamed it to Legends Home) for the first time in 2.0.01, I never even saw the auction option prior to this version.

Anyway, I won the bid at 675,000,000 (cleared me out bar a measily few million). I tugged the Teladi trading station to a better location & to line up with my HQ in the sector & carried on playing having chosen my sector name.

Many game hours later I dock at the Argon Equipment doc in Black Hole Sun & notice a BBS entry stating I won the bidding & congratulating me (nice :-)) it's just after this (while flying on autopilot) I go to the universe map & go to MY sector to check on my station & notice it's reverted to Teladi Ownership & ANOTHER Teladi trading station has been built in the centre of the sector.

This just goes to prove that it's not just people who already had "Avarice" prior to 2.0.01 that get it taken away from them!

I'm reverting to a prior save to see if it happens again & to hopefully prove that the appearance of the "Congrats" BBS entry is the point the sector leave your ownership.

Grumble.

Update: just reloaded my save game where I'd just docked at the BHS EQ Dock, "Avarice" (Legends Home) still mine, but not "congrat" BBS entry this time.

Update 2: Yep it's reading that BBS entry that make it revert. Just docked at the Trading Port in Thyn's Abyss, saved, checked my sector - all ok. Read the BBS ("congrats" present) checked my sector, renamed to "Avarice" and Teladi Owned! Guess no more BBS reading for me!

I've done this several times now & each time it's the presence of the "Congrats" BBS entry that loses me Legends Home...grr.

Hope this info helps with the solution :-)

Scoob.

P.S. anyone know how to script the name & ownership of a sector - I want it back!

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 20:55

OMG if that's it true I stop playing for now until a fix is out.

It 3 time I have restarted a save game, as my first save game I already owne it, next I got 2 trading station in there and now I wait for the bid to reach 600 mill, so I can join the bidding :cry:
Last edited by L_B_P on Wed, 15. Nov 06, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 13. Nov 06, 21:36

I just took earlier save from August. Plain vanilla 1.4.03. No scripts whatsoever. Game day 19. 950+ mil on account. Avarice is Boron (been so for 6 game days). Argon TD in there.

Patched to 2.0.01. Still Boron, and only Argon TD. Quite soon saw a BBS message about BurnIt! going broke and auction forced. Sector is now owned by Unknown, still called by Avarice, and still has only Argon TD.

How long does it take (game time) for the auction to start (usually)? BBS message said "soon". :wink: I run this game just to provide clean saves, if someone (like Ego) happens to need them.

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 03:58

i confirm the text error on trade station when attempting to claim.
resolution also works, to turn the auto saves off before actually docking there. Now trying to test various scenarios to initiate sector reverting back to teladi bug. updates soon.

Loons Legends Home, a legend in his own beer can :-)

ok......
so i got the bug..... avarice have occured. now see about avoidance.
i have maintained save games for EGO all the way along for testing purposes. PM or e mail link for upload as required.
Looking at pos solutions now :-(

markdb92
x4

Post by markdb92 » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 23:58

I hope they get it fixed hate being scamed by teladi in my case it cost 765 mil

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 04:26

can some1 PM me the link to the patch when it comes out or anything? i still have messages saying i own the sector in boron space but the teladi still own it.

Teladi scammed me out of 880,000,000 Cr. and i dont like it, tempted to go to war with them and blow them apart

Droffy
x4

Post by Droffy » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 18:34

I own Avarice in 2.0.01. A soon as you get the station and start visitng other stations, you get a congrats message in bbs and with that the station returns to avarice and a new TD appears, so dont all rush out to buy it just yet. The Teladi are the biggest scammers in the galaxy and therefore must be EXTERMINATED.

Cheers

Droffy
Droffy Industries

[ external image ]

BlackVBlack
x3tc

Post by BlackVBlack » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 20:23

i'm a bit worried egosoft arent going to fix this since 2 was supposed to be the last patch according to them.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 20:28

We are looking into it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 21:28

CBJ wrote:We are looking into it.
That's good to hear :-)

To be honest I've sort of managed to work round it so far, just saving as soon as I dock before checking out the BBS. Bit of a pain when I've found the much needed "donate some cash" BBS entries to boost my rep a bit with certain races only to have the "congrats" BBS entry too & have to reload. But hey, fairly minor in the scheme of things :-)

Scoob.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 23:46

Some good news for you. ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”