Avarice New chance? Just lost the only...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kockaspiton
x3tc

Avarice New chance? Just lost the only...

Post by Kockaspiton » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 11:30

Well I installed 2.01 when i loaded a save the auction started with a bid of 600million credit, when i only had about 12million credits in my account and in the factories... Is there any way to delay the auction?

Remodrumking
x3

Post by Remodrumking » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 11:45

I think it gets delayed until you actually put a bid in, I've been to about 10 different stations that had " Avarice Auction, Enter Bid 615,000,000?" I can't afford it at all, i'm pretty sure it stays around though. It wouldn't really be fair otherwise, i mean, what if you just started playing and you had to bid, there's no way you could afford it.

Kockaspiton
x3tc

Post by Kockaspiton » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 11:58

Well it was used to start when you got 200mill in your account.

Parazac
x4

Post by Parazac » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:03

im playing in a game thats about 4 months old, never had 200mil as i spend it on stuff soon as i get it and never seen the sector come up for auction before.

today when i was checking the BBS it was shown at 500mil bid, just hope it stays till i earn some money, i only have aroun 100mil on me at the moment.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:09

For the record the sector sale was totally rewriten and reballanced for 2.0. So forget anything you learned from the original. This is a new beast. :)

PS i know how you guys feel about the costs, i share your problem. Even with 300 factories, i cannot afford to take part either.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:18

Same Here. I'd been spending my cash as soon as i get it, never letting my bank balance get above 100 million (currently got around 50 million). Until i had the infrastructure to raise the cash in a reasonable amount of time. Now though the sector is still 'Unknown Sector' but the Auction seems to have kicked off anyway. :(

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:27

My opinion on it is well known, i think only those with a lack of imagination eg dont know what to spend their money on, or those who cheat the money will ever get that sector.

I certainly dont understand how players with less than 300 factories can ever get it.

Giskard
Last edited by giskard on Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:51

could just spend all the time trying to capture ships, just a thought, forget repairing any just sell all of them, including any freebie ships you get your hands on, or even make a certain one of them a sector/ut just for the added cash, elanors fortne seems a good place to start capping, theres nice sectors that are defended all the way to argon prime.

Personally i am going to try this way myself, i have in the past had 10 ships per hour bail or something, so with minimal seta and occasional docking you could if lucky (dont forget to grab a tp or something to store all the slaves/pilots :P) you could get a few million per hour just to start you off.

Ive never really been into making thousands of buildings to supply cash, i dont feel as though i have worked for it then, and with a police liscence i will occasionally decide to make a spaceweed and spacefuel place and then chase all the customers till they drop thier freight, then put it back in the station :D
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

-norman
x3

Post by -norman » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:54

Before installing the 2.0 patch I hadn't seen any thing about the auction. I had been working on growing my corporation, spending cash on new UTs or complexes as it came available. The most I had saved was 25 million and I spent that on an elephant. I have 5 UTs and maybe 8 factories/complexes so the money isn't rolling in real fast.

Anyway I had about 3.5 million when I installed the 2.0 patch on day 6 hr 18 or so. First BBS I see was for the auction of Avarice (which had not started before I installed the 2.0 patch). It was 155,000,000 and is now up to 180,000,000. This doesnt sound bad but I have 10 million now, which I will be spending.
Spoiler
Show
I need to buy an M6 to tow the Pontifex Maximuses yacht. The elephant I own cant, which is rather surprising.
So I guess I'll wait and see where the auction for Avarice ends up.
-norman

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 16:57

TLs get rammed when towing the m7, avoid them for now.

Ego have been informed of this.

Giskard

Ormson
x3tc

Post by Ormson » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 17:55

Apart from the merit of owning your own sector, is it really worth it? I mean really, there's nothing in the sector. Absolutely nothing there, not even one rock. If it had some asteroids I might understand. Otherwise I'm planning on spending my money on something more usefull. 615mil can buy dozens of complexes, or 100 M6s for sector patroling.

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 00:52

i have been saving,................

and i like the fact that you have to achieve certain goals, hard goals to receive rewards,.
i play slowly and save save save.,,,,,
and the unknown will be mine. 90 mill in bank and gotta have another 60 mill in facts :-)

i aint seen it advertised for sale yet though.... me panics :-(

lt_wentoncha
x4

Where do you bid?

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 01:00

Hi all,

I've gotten some BBS messages saying something about a Teladi businessman auctioning his sector for $50 million cred, but there aren't any options to submit a bid. But is there a specific station where bid can be placed?

Thanks.

CreHater
x3

Post by CreHater » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 01:07

I don't know about Avarice Sector... It's true, it serves no purpose at all.

I have now over 1 billion in a station. So I could buy it. But then, I get set back one billion... I'd prefer to have 10 Python's... Or 100 Centaurs.

But I think I'll buy it anyway, just to have done it. :roll:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 01:21

-norman wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I need to buy an M6 to tow the Pontifex Maximuses yacht. The elephant I own cant, which is rather surprising.
Spoiler
Show
You could always claim the freebie Nemesis which is floating around right next to the yacht--it's pretty shot up, but fixing it up is a million or two cheaper than buying a new one.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 01:23

Just how do you make a bid anyway?
I'm in the trading dock in Avarice, but don't see an option to make a bid.
Not that I care all that much.
If I want the sector I'll use the 600,000,000 to build the fleet from hell and if anyone argues that the sector is not mine...........nuff said.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 01:35

giskard wrote:I certainly dont understand how players with less than 300 factories can ever get it.
I did check a few warehouse-TL's of mine. 600-700 GPPC and other stuff too. I have not yet manufactured a single GPPC myself. Must be donations.

But no, I did not get them within 10 days from the start.

I have seen only message about how a Teladi called BurnIt! went bankrupt and that there will be an auction. Boron called BurnIt! did buy the sector in my game 10 days ago (was 1.4 or 1.4.03).

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 02:43

I am quite interested in buying this sector, my advice for thsoe who need cash, get to hero, or extreme combat rank and just start hopping stations for assassination missions, they brign in about 30 million a pop at that level, with a few UT's running around 600000000 credits will be your in no time

lt_wentoncha
x4

Post by lt_wentoncha » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 04:00

Where is avarice?

Goushiken

Post by Goushiken » Sun, 12. Nov 06, 04:55

Well the BBS about the Bidding just showed up in my game they started at 225,000,000. Then thenext I saw was 325,000,000. I have no where near that amount yet and I haven't seen where to place my own bid. Owning it would be cool but I won't have a use for it since my Weapons Complex is over in Midnight Star SO I have no real reason to Get It

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”