This is a Tech forum Right? (What a JOKE)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mike2346
x3

This is a Tech forum Right? (What a JOKE)

Post by Mike2346 » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 16:51

ok yes i am peeved, i spent £35 on a game i can't play and nobody seems to be able to help me. Is the patch going to sort out freezing? Left posts about it, yes a patch is coming what will be included, i'm pretty sure you know by now. Steel says no patch today. don't worry i know people are going to throw questions at me like "is it your system" = NO "my game is fine" = SO mine isn't. I bought 2 copies for me and my cousin for christmas. It's the only game i have ever bought that i can't play straight away. Had games with bugs but damn. So what is this Freezing caused by? Like i said don't say system because i uploaded my save file to a Dev and it froze on his system too. I'm not interested in a patch that fixes all the little bugs i just want one which will allow me to play the game. Where is the technical support? I have seen guesses made but no action to help in anyway.

Sorry i'm so angry but it's really getting to me now. It's like haveing a brand new car outside and even though you have everything for it and it's fully yours, you don't have the keys.

Orthanc
x4

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:29

Thats exactly it. As stated by me and others the frustration grows. All of us here have spent their share on the game. At first I thougt these Issues were just regarding my pc and first I believed that guy (Bernd I think was his name) that my system was kinda wrong set up. But as time passed on I got a little pissed (sorry but that's the way it is), that after more and more people were having difficulties the people with the egosoft logo were sticking too: "Your System is bad, turn down the resolution, shadows, etc..." It was obvious that it wasn't the users systems but the game. This is not the way you treat paying customers. And like it or not, it made the whole thing look damn unprofessional. If you bear the egosoft logo above your avatar you're speaking for the company, whether you're employed there or not.
The worst thing for me is that should the issues be not resolved, I won't be even able to return this game. No software store takes things back. I like the game very much, indeed I am addicted, but everything has it's limits.

It's a shame for Germany and won't help increase our reputation for programming good software, that is clear. And the way techsupport is handled here right now is even worse...

Ive spent a 50€ for my copy which is quite much for me as an UniversityStudent and I would guess if things go on like the past several days Egosoft will have remarkebly less buyers for X3.

regards,
Orthanc

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 17:57

It's extremely difficult, nay impossible, for developers to respond to every individual issue with the game (in this case, one did take the time out to look at an individual save game). After all, they are still working on updating the game.

Several players have reported that they have a system freeze, so I'm sure this will be looked at for the patch. All I can say is that I haven't seen this problem reproduced in testing the current patch beta. I can't say too much more than this, because I don't know too much more.

We do try to keep the forums updated as much as possible. Feel free to PM myself or another moderator and we will always try to help where we have the time.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 22:18

Additionally, both in the main X-Universe's forum with a sticky post, and on Enlight's X2 page under "support" it is stated that the 1.1 patch is addressing all the known crash and stability issues. So, my question is, what more do you expect at this point and time? People have reported a problem, the publisher and developer have responded that they are addressing the problem.

If you have an issue to report that is new, I'm sure that it would get new attention. In this case, though, the issue you are reporting is known and currently "under repair".
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Orthanc
x4

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 22:24

Reven wrote: So, my question is, what more do you expect at this point and time? People have reported a problem, the publisher and developer have responded that they are addressing the problem.
Quite right.... I guess I have just never seen any game as buggy as this one.... After almost nobody can play it out of the box, I am wondering how far the beta testers played it....
That's the fact. I am not angry about waiting for a patch. This should take its time. The Prob for me is, that the game was released this way. And that's not fair for the buyers.
To get back to the example of the car... They did not just keep the keys, they also forgot to install the tires...
And you most certainly do not want to buy a car without tires.
It's an unfinished game.
And as a matter of fact is the tone sometimes used not the best one. Telling people that they are just too dumb to config their computer with knowing that the issues are game related is bad. Really. And especially if given from people who wear the tag of the developer.

regards,

Orthanc

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 23:00

Orthanc wrote:
Reven wrote: So, my question is, what more do you expect at this point and time? People have reported a problem, the publisher and developer have responded that they are addressing the problem.
Quite right.... I guess I have just never seen any game as buggy as this one.... After almost nobody can play it out of the box, I am wondering how far the beta testers played it....
That's the fact.
If you are going to talk through your ARSE do you have to do it so publicly

scritty
x4

Post by scritty » Sat, 13. Dec 03, 23:51

Bazza wrote:
Orthanc wrote:
That's the fact.
If you are going to talk through your ARSE do you have to do it so publicly
Right on. Go to any forum for any game released. You'll see the same messages, (sadly NOT microsoft who are famous for not patching - but A-HA even THEY do it , throught the backdoor by changing DX9 to DX9a or DX9b to cover up foul ups. easy when the application and the control system are from the same company)

Soooo. just wait. If I know the Egosoft lot, they will be working through the weekend. X2 is a labour of leove for these guys, and they won't want bad publicity. Lets just keep a little perspective and be prepared to wait. Sunday / Monday / Tuesday or even next Friday - it'll be fine.

Cheers

Clarker
We've got lumps of it ..around the back !

Orthanc
x4

Post by Orthanc » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 00:09

Bazza wrote: If you are going to talk through your ARSE do you have to do it so publicly
Oh well...
Pointless. Flame all you want.
PM me when you' ve grown up
regards Orthanc

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 00:18

If you dont want to get flamed then dont make generalised sweeping exaggerated statements and then call them fact.

scritty
x4

Post by scritty » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 00:33

Bazza wrote:If you dont want to get flamed then dont make generalised sweeping exaggerated statements and then call them fact.
Yeah, over-egging the case for tech support doesn't help.

1) Only people with problems go to technical forums. I've got games that I've finished and removed without once going on-line about. (and I know that people have had problems with them - just not me Max Payne 2 was the last one) That's why you see lots of cross peeps here.

2) I haven't seen many threads where people can't play straight out of the box. On the contrary. most can play for ages straight out of the box (then admittedly these bugs creep in)

3)It's being fixed !

So chill out!

Cheers

Clarker
We've got lumps of it ..around the back !

Wraithcat
x3tc

Post by Wraithcat » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 13:22

Bazza wrote: If you are going to talk through your ARSE do you have to do it so publicly

If you dont want to get flamed then dont make generalised sweeping exaggerated statements and then call them fact.
Fanboy alert!! :roll:

I really think you guys should go around and knock on peoples doors and tell them how great the game is. You'll get more converts that way.

But hey, flame away. We've already been burnt by ego$oft, so a little heat from a 12 YO isn't going to be much bother at all.

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Sun, 14. Dec 03, 13:41

Wraithcat wrote:I really think you guys should go around and knock on peoples doors and tell them how great the game is. You'll get more converts that way.
I did ;-)

Seriously though. Keep it civil. We are working flat out on the patch and digging out issues on tech-support isn't helped by this kinda thing.

Thanks!

Steel

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”