Being Kha'ak is Cool!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Being Kha'ak is Cool!!!

Post by Nanook » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 19:34

I'm currently playing the Kha'ak start, which is generally acknowledged to be the hardest one. And it is quite difficult just because you can only dock and sell stuff at pirate bases, for a long time. However, I just discovered a major , MAJOR perk. As I was traversing the pirate sectors between Priest's Pity and Thuruk's Beard, I came upon an odd scene in Hatikvah's Faith. Way off in the distance, I could see the flashes of beam weapons. As I cautiously approached, I started to see crates and crates of goods littering the space lanes. Then I noticed a Kha'ak destroyer parked approximately half way between the east and west gates, obliterating every ship that came along. And trust me, Hatikvah's Faith is a major intersection with all kinds of traffic. Well, upon further investigation, I saw two more KM2's flying around, killing things. And the best part was, THEY WERE BLUE! I'm a Kha'ak, they're Kha'ak. And the sector was littered with all kinds of goodies!!! :D

I had found my own personal gold mine, my Eldorado! And the best thing was, those Kha'ak destroyers will be there pretty much forever. So when I can finally dock at the stations of the 5 races, I'm gonna be stinkin' rich! I'm even thinking of putting my HQ there when I can get one. Three Kha'ak destroyers seem like the perfect protection to me. :D

It's good to be Kha'ak. :khaak: :lol:
Last edited by Nanook on Thu, 7. Dec 06, 00:35, edited 4 times in total.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 19:38

The one game start I've not tried, but always wanted to.

Who cares about relations? Just kill every living thing that crosses your path. :twisted:

Shame there's not a Xenon start. Would be fun to pillage and plunder your way into a P, or a K. :)

BlackElvislostinspace

Post by BlackElvislostinspace » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 20:25

Did they add ka'aak as a playable game or is this a mod? :o

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 20:33

It's a hidden/very special game start. Not sure off hand what needs to be done to access it, as far as accomplishments in game (I'm sure there's something in the stickies). I do know that Stevio had made a registry hack to get acces to it.

Regardless the method, it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. :)

szuur
x3

Post by szuur » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 20:56

just wished the phq was a placed where everything could be reengeneerd including equiptment and stations, i'd realy start a personal war then

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 21:02

I wish the PHQ could build a generic "weapons factory" and then you coudl analyze weapons and the PHQ woudl then transmit the blueprints to this weapons factory, then you could build rare weapons in the same way you can build ships (terran weapons and kyon emmiters)

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 21:13

Just restarted so no Bala Gi missions for me yet,but I take it you need to use a TL to place your Player HQ?...If thats the case it could make life as a Kha'ak even more interesting if you want to put it in Hativlahs Faith along with your buddies in the M2's :)

Once you have the rep to buy your own TL will it AND your HQ be Kha'ak friendly?.... interesting !
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 21:41

Hachiman wrote:Just restarted so no Bala Gi missions for me yet,but I take it you need to use a TL to place your Player HQ?...If thats the case it could make life as a Kha'ak even more interesting if you want to put it in Hativlahs Faith along with your buddies in the M2's :)

Once you have the rep to buy your own TL will it AND your HQ be Kha'ak friendly?.... interesting !
As long as I don't upset my brethren, they will protect all my assets with their lives. :twisted:

All inferior beings be warned. We Kha'ak have a new strategy. We will conquer you by your own tools of "Economics". None will stand before us. Submission is your only survival choice. We will start with the gross Nividium defilers, the Paranid. The only reason we will not utterly obliterate them is that they, too, respect The Three. The Purple Triangle of The Triumvirate shall prevail. :khaak: :rant: :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

szuur
x3

Post by szuur » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 21:56

i'd vote for having a HQ floating in random space waiting to be discoverd in the khaak mode

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 22:00

If only I could return to my Homesector. That is where I would build my Palacial HQ. All the Nividium I could crave. But alas, I cannot return until my mission is completed and the entire X-Universe is subjugated to our will, along with those nefarious Terrans! :evil:

Jolly_Roger_uk
x3

Post by Jolly_Roger_uk » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 22:23

Nanook wrote:If only I could return to my Homesector. That is where I would build my Palacial HQ. All the Nividium I could crave. But alas, I cannot return until my mission is completed and the entire X-Universe is subjugated to our will, along with those nefarious Terrans! :evil:
Much as I love this game!

You seriously need to get out more! :P
" Your a Carrot!, Thats an insult if you say it in Welsh!"

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 22:24

anyone know exactly what you need to do to open the ka'ak game?! It sounds interesting enough.
:gruebel:

THX

Blood-Hunter

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 22:29

Blood-Hunter wrote:anyone know exactly what you need to do to open the ka'ak game?! It sounds interesting enough.
:gruebel:

THX

Blood-Hunter
I think the only way is to use the registry hack. Here's a forum link:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=121244

Enjoy. :D

Onerious Deletion
x4

Post by Onerious Deletion » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 22:34

thx, im gonna try this on a seperate save file, see if its awsome!

THX

Blood-Hunter

EoD
xr

Post by EoD » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 00:13

I think the only way is to use the registry hack.
No, that's not true. There is a legal way of getting the khaak gamestart. Just try to fight or trade a little more ;)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 00:29

Key word little. :)

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 01:23

Tried the Khaak start and found it next to impossibe.
You can capture ships......but can't sell them or repair them
You can find goodies........but can't sell them (except the few items stocked by pirates)
Need some upgrades for your ship.........sorry, can't by them.
Need a jumpdrive .....tough....you can't buy e-cells anyway.
Got some hull damage from a good scrap.........you're now a slow target.
And to top it all, you've got the worlds biggest target painted on your hull.
Great fun!!!!
Be nice to hear if anyone has gone on to build an empire from this start.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 01:33

KipperTheFish wrote:Tried the Khaak start and found it next to impossibe.
You can capture ships......but can't sell them or repair them
Store them for later.
You can find goodies........but can't sell them (except the few items stocked by pirates)
Again, store them in your captured ships for later.
Need some upgrades for your ship.........sorry, can't by them.
Plenty of ships out there just waiting to surrender and give you their upgrades.
Need a jumpdrive .....tough....you can't buy e-cells anyway.
Again, steal them, including the e-cells. It's not that hard.
Got some hull damage from a good scrap.........you're now a slow target.
Yeah, well, you've got the best fighter in the game, so you shouldn't get in that position. If you do, well, try again.
And to top it all, you've got the worlds biggest target painted on your hull.
Great fun!!!!
Yes, it is! :D
Be nice to hear if anyone has gone on to build an empire from this start.
Keep checking back here, and you just might. :wink: :lol:

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 01:35

I had quite an empire going in my Kha'ak start...may restart it at some point even. Gaining race relations is pretty easy when you know where to start...
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 01:37

i've gathered you need to have some pretty high ranks to get this start then? lol, does a message pop up when you're able to play as a khaak or do you just have to keep checking back on the start new game menu?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”