UFO's

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

j1akey

UFO's

Post by j1akey » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:00

I've seen several posts about people asking if anyone has seen a UFO but are they there for anything other than to say "oh look a UFO".

I actually did see a UFO a few days ago but nothing really happened, it flew by pretty fast, went though the gate and that was it. Not sure what all the hype is about with these things.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:08

It was only a weather balloon! :twisted:
:lol:
(We don't know of any use for them, but it could have changed in the patch... :wink: )
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Kriszo
x3tc

Post by Kriszo » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:09

Can they be captured maybe?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:12

Kriszo wrote:Can they be captured maybe?
Not that I know of, but in the X-universe these things can change with the patches. :)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

tofuflash
x2

Post by tofuflash » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:17

yea...iwe seen em, they were there in x2 also...
other than using em 4 exploration( target and follow ) they have no usage whatsoever, i for 1 think they should be scrapped...

just a bad prank from egosoft :lol:

Eagle0205

Post by Eagle0205 » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:21

Has anyone tried to follow one yet to see where they originate from or go to i was thinking of sending a jag or somit after one.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:24

Eagle0205 wrote:Has anyone tried to follow one yet to see where they originate from or go to i was thinking of sending a baracuda or somit after one.
People did that in X2 and it went all over but did not land anywhere. It did show up all of the sectors after a while, though. Probably the same in X3, but I don't know. :)
Tinker

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 23:37

Contrary to what TastelessMeatSubstitute :P above says, I think the UFO's lend a much-needed aura of mystery to the X-Universe. Everything else gets pretty much figured out in a rather short time. But the mystery of the UFO's just keeps going. They've been around since X-Tension, when they fueled speculation about a secret UFO base hidden behind a certain planet, in a certain sector, which lies next to another certain sector. :wink: Now, it's been conclusively (really :?: ) demonstrated that no such thing exists, but who knows what else lies out there? :wink: Personally, I think the UFO enriches the X-Universe, and it'd be much poorer without it.

Now where did I put my tinfoil hat? :? :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 12:19

The Old Ones are still watching the X-Universe :roll:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”