EMP/Plugin Manager question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bent1ck
x3

EMP/Plugin Manager question

Post by bent1ck » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 13:42

Hi Guys. I am running a vanilla game (No scripts or Mods) on the Bala Gi Update (2.0.01). Soon to be 2.0.02, I guess.

If I want to start using scripts (not Mods yet), what is the order I should install things? I will want to use Cycrows Plugin Manager.

So do I install:-

EMP, Plugin Manager, then scripts.

If I install EMP, will my current game saves be valid or do I have to start a new game?

I have read the FAQ's for the EMP/Plugin Manager, but just need some expert advice. Certainly don't want to stuff my game up as I just obtained the M7.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 15:15

i would install the new patch first, 2.0.02

then install the Plugin Manager, followed by the spk version of EMP in the plugin manager.

then you can install the scripts after that.

as for EMP screwing up your save games, well, all it does is changes the tech ware files which adds new tech wares into the game, it can be installed and removed fine in your saved games.

however removing it while the scripts are installed will cause you to have blank ware entries, but other than that theres no problems

bent1ck
x3

Post by bent1ck » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 17:55

Thanks. That sounds like a plan. Should I make you blush and tell you that most scripts I want are created by you!!!

Many talented people on these forums and I thank you all.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”