Is the HQ and M7 Overpowered ? (Poll)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

So do you think the PHQ and M7 are too powerful for this game ?

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes: 132

The Rogue Trader
xr

Is the HQ and M7 Overpowered ? (Poll)

Post by The Rogue Trader » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 22:59

I have completed the Bala Gi missions and acquired the PHQ and the M7, and to be honest it/they have spoiled this game for me. The M7 is unstoppable, properly armed there is no threat to it (Terran Ships unknown as I haven't completed the main story missions). Also any of the new M3+'s has made the use of Centaurs obsolete, except the M3+ cant be used as patrol Leader for OOSD.
I say this because I spent a few hours today wiping out the pirates in Loomanck's, Moo Kyes and Mi Tons with the M7, and I sent a M3+ Chimera with 4 Eclipses protecting against an oversizzed cluster, all ships survived with only 3% hull damage on the Chimera.

And with the ability to mass produce your own Cap ships and M7's ?at the PHQ....... Well I dont think I need to add to that.

Corbzy

Post by Corbzy » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 23:07

yeh i thought maybe the M7 was a bit over the top as well, it was as if ego wanted to create the perfect ship that had evrything, great firepower, large shielding, dock M3s, ability to dock at stations etc. But i dont think it has spoilt the game its such good fun to be in :D
Its a rock man...too technical

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 23:08

with the HQ and producing ships, it takes in incredibly long long time to build a cap ship so i think that is balanced plus you also need a lot of resources.

the m7 is powerful and it is supposed to be. it is a step up from the M6 and a step down from the cap ships. it is fast like a M1, powerful like a M2, and has the turret set up like a M6. the M7 seems super powerful because the AI doesnt have them so you cant fight them. if there were pirates or Xenon with an M7 i dont think you would be saying this.

maybe the next patch or expansion or X4 or whatever will incorporate more M7's into the game.

i think they are well balanced parts to the game.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

Hg|Merc
x3

Post by Hg|Merc » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 23:33

in my opinion, the m7 should be more like x3's corvettes but with mroe guns, slower etc, and corvettes should be like m3+ and x2's corvettes.

i havnt got the player HQ yet.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 23:33

So, erm, if you don't like them, why don't you just not use them? No-one is forcing you to produce a fleet of M7s. :)

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 23:38

I don't know how long the M7 takes to build (someone can answer if they like) but the RE process takes 21+ hours. So that fleet of M7's is a loooooooooooooong way off.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 23:48

KipperTheFish wrote:I don't know how long the M7 takes to build (someone can answer if they like) but the RE process takes 21+ hours.
IIRC build time is the same as RE time.

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 23:56

Sheeeeeeeet.
I guess my M7 fleet is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way off!!
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 00:13

Instead of waiting for your HQ to build them, just buy them from the Paranid in Paranid Prime. The shipyard there sells them.

Personally, I think the M7 is a great addition to the game. As for the HQ, it's cool to have it. As for how useful it will be, guess I'll have to give it some time to see.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:14

well, its completly imposssible to "blance" these things, as there will always be ppl who think its fine, ppl who thinks its overblanced, and o thers think its underblance. and of course, everyones own oponion is right, so what do u do ? ;)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:18

Cycrow wrote:and of course, everyones own oponion is right, so what do u do ? ;)
Give 'em a script editor and tools to unpack the game files so they can change things to how they do like 'em, perhaps?

Oh... wait...
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

ITM
x3

Post by ITM » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:22

IMHO, Paranid M7 isn't that good...
For fighting it's too slow (well, it's steering speed is awful as are M6's), it's unable to destroy a M2 or a Pirate base quickly...
The great point thing is the mountable gPSG guns on both front turrets.

I only use it to carry my LX and my Jaguar Raider.
If there's some fights to be done, I swith to my LX (I have way more fun with it), if I need to explore a sector, I switch to my Jaguar.
Actually, I see it as a convenient way to transport my most used ships easily

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:37

esd wrote:
Cycrow wrote:and of course, everyones own oponion is right, so what do u do ? ;)
Give 'em a script editor and tools to unpack the game files so they can change things to how they do like 'em, perhaps?

Oh... wait...
but wait, thats cheating, cant have that :P

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:47

but if it's how they like em wht they gonna complain about?

i know my spelling.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:49

HQ over powered? Umm... no of course not. It's extremel useful.

M7 over powered? Yes i suppose in some ways it is. However this is a GOOD thing. The game desperately needed one or two truely special ships in my opinion. It's ability to have two docked craft, and be able to dock anywhere itself makes it arguably the most versatile ship in the game, and restores some of the 'funness' we had in X2 with Destroyers and M6s and their limited fighter quota. It's extremely powerful and useful, and having it makes a lot of tasks far, quicker, easier and less tedious. However despite all that it's far from the unstoppable warship some are making it out to be.

It's a brilliant and much needed addition.

So No they're not Too powerful.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Is the HQ and M7 Overpowered ? (Poll)

Post by Nanook » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:58

The Rogue Trader wrote:...
I say this because I spent a few hours today wiping out the pirates in Loomanck's, Moo Kyes and Mi Tons with the M7, ....
I can easily do that with an Albatross! Nothing special, really. Try wiping out Xenon Sector 101 without using missiles or retreating to recharge shields, and see how powerful it is. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 01:58

TEKing66 wrote:Instead of waiting for your HQ to build them, just buy them from the Paranid in Paranid Prime. The shipyard there sells them.
Hey, no fair !

None of my Paranid shipyards sell the M7,
TractorBeam fac. - yes
Medusa - yes
Hyperion - NO

I've just started RE the one & only M7 in the game so it's gone for
a while now :( -- but it's definately the ship I felt was missing from
X3

Goushiken

Post by Goushiken » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 02:07

Have you taken the M7 into a Xenon or Kha'ak sector by yourself yet. I have and no matter how good you can straff and whirl that bad boy around you still will to run from time to time and the Shield Recharge rate ain't pretty. To clear a sector I had to use seperation and friendly fire tactics weaken the Ks and Js while doing my best to dodge PPC fire still by myself It took a few hours to clear the sector. By the time I had a few Ks and Js dead a K and J had already respawned.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 02:52

Wiht player piloting the M7 has the power of a carrier or destroyer and a small wing of fighters, but against more than that it's far too slow, and you can watch as your shields slowly get burned into oblivion and you have to retreat or die, overpowered for a unique ship? No. The PHQ is balenced in the time and resources you spend building everything. If the PHQ had to RE a ship then had instant build I'd say it was a little unfair (if cool), but it takes me 4.5 hours and 3 million credits to produce an XL, so I'd say it's ballenced.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 03:10

The other thing about the PHQ and producing ships, is that you get neither trade nor race rep increases for doing so, if you produce all the required resources yourself. So the tradeoffs are building your own ships for free, but taking a long time to do so, or instantly buying ships from the races for a lot of credits, but getting increases in your trade and race reps. Sounds like a good balance to me. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”