How good is the Concussion impulse generator?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Corbzy

How good is the Concussion impulse generator?

Post by Corbzy » Sun, 19. Nov 06, 19:49

i mean compared to the ppc and Bhept, i equiped it to my eclpise and took it for a whirl, it seemed to take forever to kill one M3, where as in my M6 i could kill one with Bhept in a matter of seconds, then i tried it on my titan, again i found that the GPPC were a lot more effective,
so i ask, what purpose does this new weapon have? and in what situation does it shine?
Its a rock man...too technical

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 19. Nov 06, 19:56

It's a great attention-grabber, and with a 5km range you can grab the attention from a long way off. It's low refire rate makes it a good candidate for capturing, too. In close-quarters, it's good for knocking M4's and M5's off course long enough to blast them to hell with HEPTs, and it's pretty good on M5's full-stop.

I want more.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

wolfmaster1979
x3tc

Post by wolfmaster1979 » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 04:06

I've been messing around with it and noticed a cool thing. You hit them with it, then follow up with a good hard (heavy damage) missile. What happens is you knock them off course and they are not able to response fast enough to shot down your missile and it hits and they die.

Nothing beats seeing them in a tailspin right before they are hit with your missile. :D :D

Of course I've only tried this with close combat (approx 1-2km away from target)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”