Tempest missile factory ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

orbital_uk

Tempest missile factory ?

Post by orbital_uk » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:15

i'm looking to buy a tempest missile factory ,ive got a thunderbolt missile factory but i think the tempest are better ?

can anyone tell me where to buy one from ? or tell me which is the best missile in the game, i tried firestorm torpedo but there too slow and get shot down, plus i only want to take out m3's and firestorm torpedo is overkill lol.

EDIT: what about hurricane missile factory , does anyone know where i can get one,are they the best missile in the game ?

Goushiken

Post by Goushiken » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:23

Tempest is a Boron only fab check Depths of Silence.

The Thunderbolt does a bit more damage on impact but if I remember is physically bigger making it easier to hit. the Tbolt also has a longer run time before it self detonates

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:29

hurricane missle fabs are not purchasable as far as i know.

they only way to obtain hurricane missles is by pirates. same goes for disrupters.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

orbital_uk

Post by orbital_uk » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:32

damn , ok i'll stick with my thunderbolts....thx.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:35

There is no "best" missile. It largely depends what role you're intending for them.

Wasp = Good for hitting M5's usually needs 2 tho.
Hurricane = Two fired at a cluster will wipe out even the big ones.
Disruptor = Extremely fast. Good for long range sniping of M5's and most M4's
Silkworm = Good all-rounder will cripple or destroy most M4's and put the hurt on M3's. Fast and hard to dodge.
Thunderbolt = Heavy damage, extreme range, but not so good for M4/M5 becuase of the lower speed
Tempest = More expensive but easier to use since you don't need to target each enemy. Just fire 20 at one target and as the target gets destroyed so they'll automatically select new targets.
Hammerhead/Firestorm = Slow, but ok for knocking the shields down on capital ships or wiping out a flightgroup in one shot.

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:35

Tempest missiles are my favourite.
They keep seeking hostile target, even after the original target was destroyed by lasers or another missile. So you can simply NEVER miss, and they have a substantial impact. :wink:
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

orbital_uk

Post by orbital_uk » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:52

are the silkworm faster than the thunderbolt , do they have as good range as the thunderbolt ?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”