Hornet Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bengunn
x3tc

Hornet Missiles

Post by Bengunn » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 19:44

Hi, I'm on again always asking questions because I can never answer any :roll: I have been trying to buy some Hornet missiles but every time it tells me my noteriety is too low. At the moment I am a Militant. How many more rungs up the the ladder do I need to buy Hornets?
Live long and prosper.

Peacedog52
x3

Re: Hornet Missiles

Post by Peacedog52 » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 19:59

Bengunn wrote: I have been trying to buy some Hornet missiles but every time it tells me my noteriety is too low. At the moment I am a Militant. quote]

Militant is a Fighting RANK, not a reputation level. You need to improve your race relations with the appropriate race in order to buy bigger and better stuff from them.

You can do this in a couple of ways. The simplest ways are either trading with them, or killing pirates/khaak in thier sectors.

Another way is the BBS assassination missions, which net you some cash and noteriety with a race (or two on some missions).

Sector Traders and Universal Traders are great for bringing your race reps up with all of the races, as they trade relatively hassle free, while making you money at the same time. ST's make so/so cash, but level 25 UT's can make a killing for you, building up a fleet of 20-30 UT's can net you around 3 million an hour, as well as making big trades for big money. The higher the credits per trade, the more rep you gain.

Ideally in the early game, the fastest monetary and reputation gains you can make are killing pirates in a races' sectors and selling the captured ships for quick cash, which you then use to buy frieghters to turn into ST/UT's.

Militant is a decently high fighting rank now that I double check it, so Assasination missions for around 200-400k credits should be your fastest way to gain the rep.

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 20:04

good advice above, but I personalyl wouldn't bother with Hornets at all!! Thunderbolts are cheaper, faster, longer lived and WAAAAY more powerful...there's normally a 'seeker missile production complex' in Argon Prime, check it out...the tempests they sell there are useful too, bit more cash, but faster still and slightly less destructive than a thunderbolt, slightly more destructive than a hornet, but the great thing about them is that if they lose their target or the target is destroyed, they automatically pick the nearest enemy and head for him!! Love 'em, they're great, my next complex will be building these beauties. Really good for Xenon Taxi missions, just target one of the fighters in the group, get within about 10k and fire 20 tempests, watch the fighters wink out one by one!!

EDIT: Here's some stats just for fun...

Hornet
Speed: 149
Warhead: 49000
Lifetime: 168s
Cost: 10.1K

Thunderbolt
Speed: 156
Warhead: 75000!!!
Lifetime: 10 minutes plus!! (640s)
Cost: 8424

Tempest
Speed: 156 (OK, so they're not faster than TBs)
Warhead 60000
Lifetime: About 5 mins (320s)
Cost: 13.5K (Ouch, but don't forget wicked targetting abilities).
"We only want peace!!"
"Split say DIE!!!! Fish boy!"

Achatos
x3

Post by Achatos » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 20:51

That's what I was saying, Hornets suck.
Tempest missiles are and will remain my favourite. They are simply the best!
Find what you need in the X3-universe (with all XTM data, and X3 Music guide)
[ external image ]

Bengunn
x3tc

Post by Bengunn » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 00:14

So I just need to improve my rating with the various races. Does this mean the higher the rating with a certain race enables you to buy better equipment?
Live long and prosper.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 00:34

yes.

argon accepted advisor, for example, lets you get some stuff that the next level down doesnot.

arnak
x3tc

Race Relations.

Post by arnak » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 00:36

Hi,

Yes, rank means you get access to better weapons.

If you land at say a missile production complex you will find that even though they will fit in your ship they will be red to you as you do not have enough rank to buy them.

The Paranid are especially notorius for this type of behaviour.

Even to the extent of when you are new to the game, not even letting you trade in some sectors at all.

Arnak
Just remember that Murphy was an optimist!!

i7 4ghz, R290 vid card, 16 gig Ram, W7.

Bengunn
x3tc

Post by Bengunn » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 01:01

Thanks again guys I'll get the hang of this sooner or later, probably later :lol:
Live long and prosper.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”