Software Signature Scrambler...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

targetdrone
x4

Software Signature Scrambler...

Post by targetdrone » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 16:54

ok.. i am about to uninstall the game now again, only installed it after discovering that there is a jucy 2.x patch and that there are a lot of improvments.. amongst others, the Software Signature Scrambler...

now, according to the readme, youll get it through pirate BBS... ok.. so i start circling around the pirate stations , and did so for about 4 hours now

only encountered some missions i couldnt take cause i "smell like an informant"..

ok, so i thought id try to get around that and start fishing in atreus' Clouds for some hours, getting my reputation down to queens nemesis during the course of action, constantly checking the pirate base there (and others) for any sign of this software... nada

im slightly fed up, even more so, as i now noticed that i cant do bala gi missions with bad boron standing...

if at least i would have gotten this damn software that should actually be availalble for purchase (or better yet, built in from the start :evil: ) i could live with the fact i have to go through a lot of fish lovin to get my hand on my own personal m7.

if anyone got a hint as to how to obtain this software or if there are any things needed prior to it being offered at the bbs please help me.

no, i am not going to mod the game, id rather dump it before i cheat it. :evil:

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 17:00

I saw it once on a pirate BBS. But I was really surprised when I found one in equipment dock in Ceo's Buckzoid available to purchase among other software at any time. I'm even wondering if it's some of the unsigned scripts could have done that as a side effect. It cost me over 900k (pirate BBS offer was for ~800k).

targetdrone
x4

Post by targetdrone » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 17:05

well i just checked ceo's buckzoid and no, it isnt available in the dock there....

must be an unsigned script of yours then..

just did another tour through all the pirate stations, nothing... blood pressure continously rising :evil: :evil:

Kadaas
x3

Post by Kadaas » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 17:13

I never saw the BBS offer till after I bought the sys overide software.I bought the SoS,waited and walked away from the game for 5 or 10 min,when I came back the BBS messages had cycled and the scrambler offer was up.About 900k but worth it for me .HTH

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 17:18

xalien wrote:I saw it once on a pirate BBS. But I was really surprised when I found one in equipment dock in Ceo's Buckzoid available to purchase among other software at any time. I'm even wondering if it's some of the unsigned scripts could have done that as a side effect. It cost me over 900k (pirate BBS offer was for ~800k).
most likly u had the explorer script installed which used the same ware slot, so it would have been added to the equipment docks

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 17:27

Well, all I can say is, it is frustrating and does take a long time to show up. HOWEVER, it does show up. You do not already need the SOS software. I showed up at a pirate base and found that message before installing the SOS. So I installed the SOS and then accepted the message. My offer was for 900k as well....WELL worth it, as with my M7 I can claim from 140m away! (not km) So I can now perfect the art of drive-by claiming :-P

targetdrone
x4

Post by targetdrone » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 17:33

totally random then.... :o

ok.. i can feel the anger build up again like i had about a year back when i trashed this game from my disk, guess ill give it another 1 or 2 rounds through the pirate bases then im off until they deliver patch 3.x that finally manages to deliver content, not hide it somewhere. :evil:

brucewj

Post by brucewj » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 18:07

It might be possible that purchasing trade upgrade MKI could help in this endevor ...this upgrade (according to it's description) allows you to trade in software and having it just might be the trigger that creates the BBS offers... :?:

targetdrone
x4

Post by targetdrone » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 18:17

na, its random it seems...

i just got the offer, on my last tour before i would have quit :twisted:

that was freaking anoying... luckily i saved right away.. cause after undocking, i ran into 2 khaak clusters, and even though they died, they managed to penetrate the shield for 2 or 3 shots.. guess which piece of equipment got destroyed :?:

:roll:

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 18:29

Cycrow wrote:
xalien wrote:I saw it once on a pirate BBS. But I was really surprised when I found one in equipment dock in Ceo's Buckzoid available to purchase among other software at any time. I'm even wondering if it's some of the unsigned scripts could have done that as a side effect. It cost me over 900k (pirate BBS offer was for ~800k).
most likly u had the explorer script installed which used the same ware slot, so it would have been added to the equipment docks
Aye, guilty as charged :roll: . And that BBS came up only after I installed SoS (since I already had SSS), maybe it's a prerequisite?

Woffin
x3tc

Post by Woffin » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 19:18

This was annoying me too because I'd done every pirate base looking for the BBS. Then I checked the base in Brennan's triumph and it was there! Went back in another ship a few hours later and it was still there! It must be the BoFu that they stock there, lol, feeding all the boron pirates who make the scrambler.

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 19:22

Anyone know if you can transfer it between ships like other software. I suppose I could just try this myself, but I'm at work and I'm curious to know. i.e: Depending on which ship I feel like capping with, I can send the SOS and scrambler to it?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”