PSG ower powered

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZoKHiZ

PSG ower powered

Post by ZoKHiZ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 07:50

Psg is way too over powered... well everything is when you can eliminate whole sector with one ship... i hope the patch will make sure that one M6 class ship will get raped by xenons and other races...

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 08:06

A) YOu can do just as well with some HEPTs or PPCs...
B) The PSG may be a touch overpowered, but as it stands I think it makes up for the horrible framerate; you can actually hit things with it.

ZoKHiZ

Post by ZoKHiZ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 08:11

erm i do know that you can destroy sectors with Hept and so on. but destroy khaak large cluster with HEPT under 8 seconds... and if you read correctly "well everything is" part you can see that i am not talkin just about the PSG. i found it very amusing that one corvette can destroy the xenons all by it self...
B) The PSG may be a touch overpowered, but as it stands I think it makes up for the horrible framerate; you can actually hit things with it.
what kind of lame excuse is that

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 08:13

ZoKHiZ wrote: what kind of lame excuse is that
You decide. In my experience, there's no other way to hit some of the ships when the framerate is dragging. PErhaps you have a different experience.

ZoKHiZ

Post by ZoKHiZ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 08:15

well maybe, but well i cant hit the ships so i cheat me 100.000.000.000 and buy armada of titans and just ram em... that should make up for the fps

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 08:16

ZoKHiZ wrote:well maybe, but well i cant hit the ships so i cheat me 100.000.000.000 and buy armada of titans and just ram em... that should make up for the fps
"What kind of a lame excuse is that?"

ZoKHiZ

Post by ZoKHiZ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 08:19

i just mean that it's not the hit ratio with psg, but the damage and blast radius, they are a little too big and powerfull

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 10:42

haha... Gamma PSG's own... that is all...

ZoKHiZ

Post by ZoKHiZ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 10:45

maniac and his obsession on PSG and nemesis.

Norfleet

Post by Norfleet » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 20:27

I'm not even sure PSGs are actually so horribly overdamaging so much as the fact that their near 100% hitrate far exceeds the damage delivery of any other weapon you can get. I can explode something nearly as fast as a PSG with G-HEPTs....as long as it doesn't move much. Once it starts doing that crazy twisting thing, they become nearly impossible to hit, but PSGs can always hit anything, so if you run, you just die tired.

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 21:03

Scribble, the noob's got you here. :)

PSG's could go for some sort of change... maybe reduce radius in general..maybe just reduce radius a little for beta and a little more for gamma... or maybe just allow them on m1/m2's?

But something should be done. As it stands, PSG's are just a bit too much on the sick side.

ScribbleJ
x3

Post by ScribbleJ » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 21:25

Fergrim wrote:Scribble, the noob's got you here. :)
Oh man - if I could win an award for "Best comedic throwback" my use of "What kind of a lame excuse is that" should definately be nominated. I cracked myself up...

Tough crowd.

[/straightentie]
PSG's could go for some sort of change... maybe reduce radius in general..maybe just reduce radius a little for beta and a little more for gamma... or maybe just allow them on m1/m2's?

But something should be done. As it stands, PSG's are just a bit too much on the sick side.
Okay, I agree, they're overpowered. I'm going to be hard-pressed to kill anything if they remove them or "nerf" them without improving the framerate.

On the other hand, have you noticed they have a much lower rating for out-of-sector combat than "real" guns?

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 21:33

I enjoyed your comeback too!

I'm thinking I'd be happy if they limited them to m1/m2 ships... or severely reduced their effectiveness in some way..

I was hoping they only overpowering ships would be the destroyers, followed by carriers (but only due to their fighter retinue) and then by vettes etc...

As it is now, due to PSGs corvettes are already powerful enough to do anything you need. I want more incentive to get the bigger ships. :)

Kamenjar
x3tc

Post by Kamenjar » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 21:38

ZoKHiZ wrote:... i found it very amusing that one corvette can destroy the xenons all by it self...
I found it kinda amusing that you are using a corvette for Xenons. You can kill any size xenon cluster with an M3 with PSG with 0.1% chance of dying while doing it. Why use a screwdriver, when u can use a hammer? :lol:

The PSG is not too much overpowered IMO. It has a very limited application, and that is when you are alone in one ship equipped with PSG and no other friendlies are withn 2KM radius. Beta PSG does not even seem to do more damage than an alpha PSG (almost as much as beta PAC).

An M3 equipped with a PSG is quite devastating thoug against anything in it's class 1-on-1. However if you can show that nemesis can not be taken out with another capital ship of its size (say Centaur) when only using PSGs, I would agreee that PSG is overpowered. The same way you cold argue that ion disruptors are overpowered too as they take out shields too fast, but they also can not be used when friendly ships are nearby.

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 21:39

It'd be OK if some of the NPC ships were similarly armed.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

Morpheous
x2

Post by Morpheous » Mon, 15. Dec 03, 23:41

I own both a Nemesis and a Centaur. The Nemesis can take out Khaak Clusters faster then my Centaur can, but its a real pain when there are any other ships anywhere near by. The Centaur armed with 2 Gamma HEPTs and 2 Beta HEPTs can take out massive clusters of Khaak ships easily. Its not the weapons that make Corvettes Powerful its the Shields, the only Khaak Ship in a cluster that can even dent 250mw worth of shields is the M3 Khaak figher all the M5s attach to. I think Brianetta is right though if some of the NPC ships were simularly armed It wouldn't be so bad. Just dont expect a M5,M4, and even an M3 fighter to even have fighting chance against a Corvette. As for capital ships, well a Single Corvette shouldn't really be able to take them down that might be an Intelligance issue more then a Ship Vs Ship of course I haven't even attempted to fight a Capital Ship at this point.
Royal Marine: Eh you! Your not suppose to be up there!

Jack Sparrow: But Its such a pretty boat.. er ship....

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 00:07

Brianetta wrote:It'd be OK if some of the NPC ships were similarly armed.
In Split Fire, I have run into an Orinoco with PSG and Ion Disruptor. I also ran into a Pirate ship with Ion Disruptor on the rear turret, and he kicked my derriere pretty bad. Had to replay from a save game to capture him with the Ion Disruptor intact. I had to always stay in front of the pirate ship in order to avoid the Ion Disruptor.

ManiacDC
x3

Post by ManiacDC » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 00:10

Kamenjar wrote:
ZoKHiZ wrote:... i found it very amusing that one corvette can destroy the xenons all by it self...
I found it kinda amusing that you are using a corvette for Xenons. You can kill any size xenon cluster with an M3 with PSG with 0.1% chance of dying while doing it. Why use a screwdriver, when u can use a hammer? :lol:

The PSG is not too much overpowered IMO. It has a very limited application, and that is when you are alone in one ship equipped with PSG and no other friendlies are withn 2KM radius. Beta PSG does not even seem to do more damage than an alpha PSG (almost as much as beta PAC).

An M3 equipped with a PSG is quite devastating thoug against anything in it's class 1-on-1. However if you can show that nemesis can not be taken out with another capital ship of its size (say Centaur) when only using PSGs, I would agreee that PSG is overpowered. The same way you cold argue that ion disruptors are overpowered too as they take out shields too fast, but they also can not be used when friendly ships are nearby.
the nemesis can take out any ship in the galaxy 1on1 with the exception of the Odysseus (9 gamma PSG's and 9 Beta PSG's)
And there is no such thing as a Xenon "Cluster" there are Xenon Sectors... we were talking about destroying whole sectors not a simple Khaak cluster

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”