Help in Menelaus Frontier, Ore Belt, and a question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tathorp
x2

Help in Menelaus Frontier, Ore Belt, and a question

Post by tathorp » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:07

Let me prefix this with saying that I recently bought X3 off of Steam (wouldn't buy it earlier due to StarForce), so I'm relatively new. The game is running with the latest patches and BG missions as well as Cycrow's scripts.
Spoiler
Show
I'm searching for the hidden ship in Menelaus Frontier and can't find the damn thing for the life of me. Any pointers? Same goes for the Ore Belt hidden container. All I see is a stray Space Weed container on the outskirts of the sector.
I'm thinking that my problem is trying to visualize the coordinates in the sector map. Are there any 'Fly to x,y,z coordinates scripts' out there that could help me out.

--Self-professed newb.
Last edited by tathorp on Sat, 2. Dec 06, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:13

Ummm...
Spoiler
Show
hidden ship in Menelaus frontier...I assume you have the coordinates? Go to your ships command console, choose navigation, move to position. The sector map will open with a reticle you can move using the numpad cursors. Move the reticle, observing the coordinates at the bottom right changing as you do so. Position the reticle near to the position that the wreck is supposed to be, even if this means moving the reticle off the screen (don't worry, there's plenty of space 'beyond' the border of the sector map).
As for the hidden container, unless you're talking about something I don;t know about, allt he hidden containers are randomised to a certain degree, it could be anywhere. What makes you think there's a specific one in Ore Belt?

Lastly, when we talk about the hidden ships, we use the spoiler marks, some people don't even want to know what sector they can be found in, they want to find them on their own. A noble goal. You might want to edit the topic title too...good luck
"We only want peace!!"
"Split say DIE!!!! Fish boy!"

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:14

there is a thread about postions of hidden stuff........do a search.
No script reqd for moving to co-ordinates, just use the command "move to postion"
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:38

Remember that some of these containers do not show up on the gravidar. You need to use your eyes ;) Ore Belt at the top.
Spoiler
Show
Ore Belt:
75000 Credits 10.0, 4.0, 52.0

Atreus' Clouds:
10 Rapier Missiles 13.1, 0.0, -13.1

Empire's Edge:
10 Banshee Missiles -50.0, -15.0, -9.0

Midnight Star:
10 Wildfire Missiles 132.5, 0.04, 4.0

Patriarch's Retreat:
10 Microchips 0.0, -36.0, 36.0

Spaceweed Drift:
25 Spaceweed -30.1, 10.0, 20,0

Unknown Sector(by Pontiflex's Seclusion):
50000 Credits -55.0, -10.2, -50.0
10 Windstalker Missiles -55.0, -10.0, -50.0

Unknown Sector(South of Mists of Elysium):
2 125MJ Shield -30.0, -20.0, -30
"Why should you go to jail for crimes someone else noticed" -Bob Loblaw

Corbzy

Post by Corbzy » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:44

the ship in menelaus' frontier is
Spoiler
Show
a toucan hauler (not even sure its worth it lol)

co ordinates X=43 Y=-7 Z-35
follow foxys instructions

edit :
Spoiler
Show
sorry the z co-ordinate is 35, not -35
Last edited by Corbzy on Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Its a rock man...too technical

laplace
x3

Post by laplace » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:46

Oh, it's worth it ;) Fast, unique and enough capacity for any ToaL
"Why should you go to jail for crimes someone else noticed" -Bob Loblaw

tathorp
x2

Post by tathorp » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 21:50

Thanks all! That helped a bunch. I've gone and updated the post's title and inserted spoiler tags where appropriate.

Thanks again for the help and patience with my newb-ness while I learn this great game!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”