Software Signature Scrambler

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bob
x3

Software Signature Scrambler

Post by bob » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 13:11

How do I get one? I have been to loads of pirate bases but havent seen one yet. Do I have to be friends with pirates for this item?

crawlerw
x3tc

Post by crawlerw » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 13:24

save just before you land on the pirate base then check the BB if its not there then reload the game keep doing that until you get it

DarthVodka
x3tc

Post by DarthVodka » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 13:25

As far as I know it's entirely random whether you are offered a scrambler when docking at a pirate base. I don't know if any internal pirate reputation calculations are involved in the process. You're offered it through a BBS message by the way. It's not shown as an item for sale like space weed is.

It was a good few days into the game before I got mine and I was trading with pirate stations a fair bit back then. Mind you I was also killing a hell of a lot of pirates too so althouigh they allowed me to dock, I certainly don't think they viewed me as a friend. In fact I know they don't because whenever I try to accept one of the pirate missions (the "my pilot lost X cargo and I need someone to retrieve it" missions) they tell me to get lost :lol:

So a pretty rare occurrence really. Keep looking - you'll get one eventually!
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
William Blake

bob
x3

Post by bob » Sun, 3. Dec 06, 15:32

Thanks guys. Ill keep looking

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”