If Avarice is sold to BurnIt, won't you be able to buy it from him?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Streaks
x3

If Avarice is sold to BurnIt, won't you be able to buy it from him?

Post by Streaks » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 19:08

People have been saying that if, as the player, you can't buy Avarice when the bidding stops, then BurnIt will be the one to get it (him being the default highest bidder if the player is unable to buy Avarice).

When this happens, then...well...Will the player not be able to get Avarice forever? I hope not.

If this is the case tho, then I hope EGOSOFT will include in the next patch a way to buy Avarice from the highest bidder.

I don't want to uninstall patch 2.02. I have a Khack interceptor and an Xenon LX for goodness sake!

I never had much money in all the time I have the game. I have one UT trader, and one Ore Mine L alpha with one commercial representative. That's it.

celeborn74

Post by celeborn74 » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 19:13

Nope...once its over it's over. 2.0.2 gave another chance, but you've passed that.
If you really want it start over...But it's really just a pride issue, not the most useful thing in the world, and you can always just build your stuff in it anyway even if it's owned by burnit.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 7. Dec 06, 19:49

celeborn74 wrote:Nope...once its over it's over. 2.0.2 gave another chance, but you've passed that.
If you really want it start over...But it's really just a pride issue, not the most useful thing in the world, and you can always just build your stuff in it anyway even if it's owned by burnit.
There are no future plans for a "next patch". Maybe they will, amybe they won't. Maybe they'll call it the Avarice Merge 2.03 patch. :P

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 08:24

I don't see what all the fuss about Avarice is anyway. There are so many better things to be spending your money on...

unmarkedhelicopter
x3

Post by unmarkedhelicopter » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 10:19

Burnit is ameanable to resell, but ... he wants 2.5 Billion for it and you can only have 2 billion in your account :D

shane-oh
x4

Post by shane-oh » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 12:37

pjknibbs wrote:I don't see what all the fuss about Avarice is anyway. There are so many better things to be spending your money on...
well before the 2.0 patch owning avarice with no mods or scripts was basically a statement about how good a trader you were, because the 7 - 12 (or what ever it was) day limit. Now its not such a big deal because its a bit easier to get after 2.0, but I can still imagine that people who have it get a warm fuzzy when they see it because they can say "That's MINE." It's a psychological thing, because it's hard to get, its something you want.
Don't pull the wings off space flies
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees
A cat for a hat, or a hat for a cat. But nothing for nothing.

Rozgilious Taralius II
x3

Post by Rozgilious Taralius II » Fri, 8. Dec 06, 16:55

It'ssss about pride.

I bought Avarice jussst to be able to view my name in the galaxy map, and it makesss me feel powerful. In the end it'ss all about RP.

Oh and yeah, i never placed the HQ in Avarice... I prefered the music, and views... of Xenon Sector 347.
Rozgilious Taralius II. The Teladi that started a very profitable water factory... In Kingdom End.

Ssssilly Boron.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”