Tornado of Ships at a dead gate.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Tornado of Ships at a dead gate.

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 13:39

Entering the Unknown Sector (my home) by Wastelands I spoted 50+ ships just spinning over eachother, I pootled over in my Titan and I reckon the Gate must had died coz they weren't going in and none where coming out, so I did what anyone would do, and put some IonD's on the front and went a-smoking :lol:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I'll go back later and leave it on SETA for a while, after I set the weapons to GIRE so I don't damage my new fleet of cargo ships :twisted:

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 15:59

Alas, poor X2... I knew him, Horatio. :roll:

gah. PLEASE bring back the X2 GUI. Or stop posting pics that make me miss it :P

As for the gate business... I've actually encountered that before, where there's just a massive furball around the gate... I'm fairly certain it clears up if you leave the sector, if not then there really is a gate problem.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 17:13

I dropped in some extra gates with a scriopted, they were working for months, just this time they aren't, but no worry I'm clearing them up :twisted:

Almost as fun as when I destroyed all the gates in argon space and trapped everyone 8)

Rabid Potatoe

Post by Rabid Potatoe » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 19:19

Those textures look good, what video card are you using?

SLeeZeCoRe
x3tc

Post by SLeeZeCoRe » Mon, 11. Dec 06, 21:06

The pic is compressed though (photobucket size limit).

I've got a Radeon XPress 200, intergrated though, not in a slot. Runs X3 fine when sectors eventually load. But seems to take x2 on good settings (might try full blast). Heh I only waited YEARS for a PC that could do it.

Coming 2009, a PC that can run X3 on a decent setting :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”