Can't mount the mining laser

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Accipiter
x2

Can't mount the mining laser

Post by Accipiter » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 09:21

Hi everybody,

I'm stuck with a simple but dumb problem: I made some credits by doing some cargo transports with the mercury you get after the 2nd mission. Now I have a drilling laser, a scanner and the ore collector.

What I can't do is to mount the laser on my back turret. I can chose "install" in the freight menu and the screen switches to the weapons screen but I can't install the laser. Do I need an extra turrent or other equipment to mount this I item? Any ideas?

2X-sighted
x3

Post by 2X-sighted » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 09:25

Hi, from other posts I've read, I'm not sure you can mount it in the mercury. Have you checked the allowed weapons screen in the ship details. I can't remember what colour a mining laser is, possibly yellow, but if it doesn't show in the allowed matrix then you can't instal it. :lol:

I'm fairly sure P J Knibbs did a post on this and you need a TS from one of the other races, possibly Split ot Boron or a TL. :wink:

Accipiter
x2

Post by Accipiter » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 09:29

Yeah, I've been a hotshot by posting this right away but I was so pissed after trying to get this working for a couple of hours. Seems that the mercury cannot mount it.

But thanks for the hint/help anyway. I'm glad that I have my own copy here and have access to the board, the manual doesn't help very much.

Henkie
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x4

Post by Henkie » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 09:30

psssttt....
Spoiler
Show
try the Argon TL.
There are other smallers ships but it is up 2 you to find which one (more fun)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 14:46

Spoiler
Show
The Teladi Vulture can mount the mining laser.
However, manually mining asteroids is quite possibly the most tedious thing I've ever tried in the game--it ranks WAY higher than continuous energy cell trading in the boredom stakes!

KakerMix
x2

Post by KakerMix » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 16:58

Hey!
I started off my business with manually mining! Yes sir!

*spits*
I treked all the way to Teladi space to get my Vulture, 'S.S. WTF', and mined my way to afford my first Ore mine, along with 2 TPs.

Now, look at me! I have a seccesful Ore mining business, 2 Solar Power plants, and I have just recently debued on the Boron market!

Sadly, 'S.S. WTF' was destroyed when some Pirates chased him back to Shazbot ® Ore. So, we (actually I, I have no friends :( ) are moving ahead here at Shazbot Syndicate ® with ordering some Teladi Buzzards.

Shazbot Syndicate, When you think of Energy, Think of Us
and the Lord said "WTF"

ShanghaiDilly
x2

Post by ShanghaiDilly » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 17:04

:lol: KakerMix :lol:

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 18:08

pjknibbs wrote:
Spoiler
Show
The Teladi Vulture can mount the mining laser.
However, manually mining asteroids is quite possibly the most tedious thing I've ever tried in the game--it ranks WAY higher than continuous energy cell trading in the boredom stakes!
In bordom area it does suck if your doing it manually...however the Special commands come in real usful here along with your seta drive.

It's also a good idea to deck out another ship with an ore collector and order it to collect the wares while you blast the asteroids to bits.

Its a great way to recop credits in a hurry.

Here's a question though....if you mine an asteroid this way do they repawn at later dates in the game or are they gone forever?
I've been careful with the mining...only destroying any that are below 20yield.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Henkie
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x4

Post by Henkie » Tue, 16. Dec 03, 19:57

As far as I know they do respawn..

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”