Are PSGs more powerful in 2.002?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fall Guy
x3tc

Are PSGs more powerful in 2.002?

Post by Fall Guy » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 15:38

I've been playing X3 since last year (bit of time off for good behavior) and last night shocked the hell out of me. I was trying out an Eclipse rather than my Chimera and ran into a Pirate patrol. Falcon, Falcon Van and Harrier, lets go happy capping. The Harrier died in seconds then the Falcon started spamming me with a PSG. Ha I've now got a 125Mw shield, I was dead in about 5 seconds WTF! :oops:

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 15:47

i never had any problem with the psg like that
probely one of the ships also had an ion disruptor or an CIG those to realy drain shields fast

Sakurabisu
x3tc

Post by Sakurabisu » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 15:51

The Eclipse is so fat compared to normal M3s that it's affected by much more of the wave, so it takes much more damage. It's the same reason as why GPSGs can tear through cap ships so easily.

[ external image ]

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 16:08

Well , it still takes me 10 minutes of firing 4 GPSG's to take out a Titan , so nothing was changed....

fiksal
x4

Re: Are PSGs more powerful in 2.002?

Post by fiksal » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 16:54

Fall Guy wrote: Ha I've now got a 125Mw shield, I was dead in about 5 seconds WTF! :oops:
2.0 - not sure, but
125M shield in 5 seconds? Sounds about right, I suppose, for BPSG.

I almost lost all shields when flying Dragon against a Pirate Buster or Pirate Nova, before I even made a hit on them... which were apperantly equiped with APSG.

Large surface area -> large damage
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 23:12

Yeah my chimera was toasted by 4 pirate m4's all decided to hit me with psg at the same time. THat was rather painful.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 03:16

Flying an Eclipse I got hit way more than in my LX, regardless of weapon.

Mazer
x3

Post by Mazer » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 03:21

i have that problem with the eclipse but will all weapons not just PSGs. as stated before that ship IIRC the largest of the M3 ships so it will logically get hit more often.

i left my eclipse in the dust and got a medusa, that worked amazingly then i happened to cap a LX and i have been using it since.
You know you have had enough when you dock at a pirate base and toss a couple bucks at the monitor...

Mazer

Alienmoe
x3

Post by Alienmoe » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 06:33

Strange, I find that PSGs do hardly anything to my ship when hit by them, PACs do more in general.

But then if a ship ever does fire PSGs at me it immediatly goes to the top off my "to kill" list, as they lag me out.
I <3 UTs :D

Alienmoe "But come on. You screwed up if you're dead."
Parazac "in my case, they should change the words to:
'uh oh, you just tried something silly didnt you!'"
-Talking about "The End"

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 17:36

Alienmoe wrote:Strange, I find that PSGs do hardly anything to my ship when hit by them, PACs do more in general.

But then if a ship ever does fire PSGs at me it immediatly goes to the top off my "to kill" list, as they lag me out.
Depends what you flying and how long you stay in the blast. I suppose it's possible to meet pirates that have more than one BPSG equipped too.

I prefer to face PACs than PSGs. PACs can be dodged but the only way to 'dodge' PSG is to get out from the blast area... which either fly straight towards the target (and take it out, if possible) or to the side. It's especially frustrating when there's more than one opponent, and if their speeds match yours.

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 19:39

One of the first things I learned about X3 combat:

Always kill the guys with the PSGs, IonD's and MD's first.

:D
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 20:08

rizzo420 wrote:One of the first things I learned about X3 combat:

Always kill the guys with the PSGs, IonD's and MD's first.
hm, I have never met anyone with MDs yet

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 20:58

Pirate Busters have MDs on them, and they're not afraid to use them. Met up with a group of three, and they promptly chewed the crap out of my ship.

They all met their fates on the business end of hornet missles tho.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”