Player Headquarters Guide

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eagle
x4

Player Headquarters Guide

Post by Eagle » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 08:30

Is there a Player Headquarters Guide? - I'm having a drama understanding how this thing is supposed to work. :(

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 11:19

Not to my knowledge, but here's the jist:

Blueprints let you order new ships to be built, Reverse engineering will destroy the selected ship, and add a blueprint for that ship type to your blueprint list (This works on any ship, Terran and Kha'ak inclusive). You may have one ship being built, one reverse engineered, and one repaired, at the same time, and you can find how long they have left and their missing resources if any on the station detail menu.

The Repair List works in much the same way, the ship being repaired can't be accessed again til repairs are complete so, be careful if you NEED that destroyer quickly ;p

The requirements needed to build or study a ship can be found by pressing "i" while highlighting either the blueprint, or the ship on the reverse engineering/repair list.

Generally most ships will require:
Energy Cells, Ore, Silicon, Rastar, Rimes, Teladianium, Crystals, Chips, Computer Components, Quantum Tubes

So, you may want to supply your HQ with those; it also helps to load up shields and weapons at your HQ so you can fit the ships as they come off the production line.

Finally the Spray Shop let's you adjust the hue and the saturation of the details on your ship (Green kha'ak fighter anyone? ;p) for free (To get a better idea of the hue bar, "0" is red, going through the rainbow back to red again (from purple) at the opposite end of the bar

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 11:26

Spoiler
Show
Talking about the Bala Gi Mission, where the hell is the yatch in the 2nd US past Maelstorm, can't find it. Dunno if this should be spoiler but ill put it anyway
BTW does the 'Spray Shop' spray cap ships too ?
BTW2 does repairing cost ressources or money or both ?
BTW3 Is this normal ? (No pilots...)

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 11:53

Spoiler
Show
The yaucht can be found in an asteroid concentration at the southeast corner. Egosoft however, didn't leave us entirely clueless, they placed sole asteroids along the route, something like a "follow the beans" thing. Have a Triplex Scanner with you, it will make the search easier.

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 12:08

Spoiler
Show
And after that, can't i just claim the M7 and fly away instead of towing it, after killing the 3 pirates that are there ?

Eagle
x4

Post by Eagle » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 20:05

Thanks for the replies. :)

One more thing, when I deployed it...
Spoiler
Show
there was an almost instantaneous Xenon invasion - is it a trigger?
:o

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 20:07

Yaucht........yatch.........Hope you mean YACHT
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

bent1ck
x3

Post by bent1ck » Sun, 17. Dec 06, 23:09

Sesk wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Talking about the Bala Gi Mission, where the hell is the yatch in the 2nd US past Maelstorm, can't find it. Dunno if this should be spoiler but ill put it anyway
BTW does the 'Spray Shop' spray cap ships too ?
BTW2 does repairing cost ressources or money or both ?
BTW3 Is this normal ? (No pilots...)
Ok. You ask where the Yacht is....then post a Pic showing a whole heap of ships listed - with no pilots. Hmm, I wonder what you could do to those ships with "No Pilots". Oh, look a ship labelled "The xxxxx of the something something Paranidia".

qa.doom

Post by qa.doom » Tue, 20. Mar 07, 23:41

yeah, the PHQ seems to be a real treat.. but a question i'd like to ask is this: is it possible to change some of the specs of the ships u're giong to build, for instance, the weapons it's compatible with? the thing is that i'd LOVE to equip my jaguar vanguard with some alpha PBEs, it would really kick some seriuos ass.

peace
q.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 20. Mar 07, 23:51

You can not create new designs or modify an existing one. These are coded with the game files.
Right on commander !

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 01:05

And yes, the derelict ships are normal, at least for that mission. 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

qa.doom

Post by qa.doom » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 01:26

Geek wrote:You can not create new designs or modify an existing one. These are coded with the game files.
:cry:

TTD
x4

PHQ & M7 ( Hyperion)

Post by TTD » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 15:29

Somewher I read on this site about Reverse Engineering in the PHQ.

Not quite got the PHQ yet, but did I read that you CANNOT RV the Hyperion collected in Bala Gi Mission?

I've been having alot of fun with that M7 and would love to make more.

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 15:57

You can RE the M7, but it takes hours and hours and needs quite a bit of resources

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 17:09

Thanks Mjwraw,for that input.

:)

Dom Devore
x3tc

Post by Dom Devore » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 17:33

21 Hours, 40 minutes and 33 seconds to be exact. It will take the same amount of time to build a new one as well. So, to RE your Hyperion, and to build one to replace yours will take over 43 hours of game time.

Required mats to build a Hyperion:

36,680 Energy Cells
1,528 Ore
1,146 Silicon & Teladianium
764 Rastar Oil
382 Microchips, Quantum Tubes, Cloth Rimes, Computer Components and Crystals.
10,820,650 Credits

Take a look at http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 86#1908686 for a full list of requirements for each ship.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 18:41

Thanks too for the stats.

I see I will have to think again about PHQ placement. I had been thinking about Elysium of Light.

Seems I'll need to look at the threads on PHQ placement before I decide.

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 18:54

i build mine in presidents end.. lol right in the middile about 10km up so everything could pass under it, rather than collide with it.

but then that was about dead center of my "known" universe (except the bits i'd explored for bala gi's), and all my complexs were only about 4-5 jumps away, tho pretty much all my ships had jump drives.

start a new game since cos my save died on me. lol

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 19:11

the microchip requirement makes building ships from the phq a utter ball-ache so just be advised that you may want your own factory building them before worrying about the ships.

Iam hoping TC simplifies things a lot.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”