Concussion Impulse Generators

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

crgray

Concussion Impulse Generators

Post by crgray » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 11:42

Can you buy them or are they a pirate/xeonon drop item only? My Mamba can supposedly mount them but I can't find them anywhere.
Last edited by crgray on Mon, 18. Dec 06, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzyLightning
x3tc

Post by FuzzyLightning » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 12:17

You find them in hidden containers.
Spoiler
Show
There's a container of two behind the pirate station in Priest's Pity.

Lycen
x3

Post by Lycen » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 18:55

You can also get them from family vengencs missions. Sometimes the target ship, when destroyed, drops them.

crgray

Post by crgray » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 19:02

I cheated and followed Fuzzy's spoiler.
Intersting weapon, they seem to have some kind of disruptor effect as when I hit a Nova with them it's rear turret seems to stop firing at me

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 19:29

I think, and this is just from my observations, that the don't stop weapons firing. What they do do is generate a concussion wave through the ship the causes it to rotate a random amount, thus making any turret lose it's targetting. This certainly works on fighters with turrets, but I'm not sure how it works on larger ships, or whether it moves them enough fo turrets to lose their targetting.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

marathonman

Post by marathonman » Mon, 18. Dec 06, 21:00

What rapier said is what I've seen from watching them being used (haven't tried them myself yet). As far as the effects on bigger ships, I was fighting in an XI and one of the friendly cap ships had CIGs in one of its turrets and kept hitting me in my Centaur and I noticed pretty much nothing happening. I didn't lose my heading at all and was delt negligible shield damage and no hull damage. They were single shots though, I have heard that using multiple CIGs at once increases their effect.

Hygge
x3tc

Post by Hygge » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 01:02

FuzzyLightning wrote:You find them in hidden containers.
Spoiler
Show
There's a container of two behind the pirate station in Priest's Pity.
I couldn't find it, could you be more specific? Tried in all directions close to it. :/

So no factory in the game can produce them?

crgray

Post by crgray » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 10:04

Look in the Maps section of the guids sticky above and download PC Centres supurb Excel file.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 10:17

I have several from assassinations. The disorienting effect of the gun is variable. M3's do not tumble with every hit.

The source Fuzzy mentions. There is no such thing in my game. Not any more. They were encouraged to find a new office long ago. :twisted:

crgray

Post by crgray » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 11:27

I'm finding they can be a bit of a pain. You can't fire a prolonged burst with a mixed weapon load as the ship will tumble, meaning all the rest of your shots miss. Very usefull against ships with a rear turret, less so otherwse.

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 11:48

If you're having trouble finding the can dropping an adv. satellite or two is a sure way to find it. I think ther'es even an adv. sat facotry in that system. :wink:
Spoiler
Show
There are also some in black hole sun and light water as well.

wolfmaster1979
x3tc

Post by wolfmaster1979 » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 11:59

Here is a screenshot for 4 of them in LW.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”