Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Avarice

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 14:20

I won the auction for a whopping $705 millions, but in the sector map lower left corner it's still listed as "unknown"? :?
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 14:25

Owner race: Unknown. Well, I don't think the game stores the race of the player character separately, although it is mentioned in the descrition of the game start. Hence, it cannot pick it up and write down there.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 15:05

there is already a thread going on about how much you paid for avarice.

that being said, the race of each sector is listed in the universe map file that the game loads at start. if you wanted you could go and edit the universe map with one of the editing programs and make it say oogliebooglie in the sector map for every sector. but since the game cannot alter it's universe map file after you won the auction the sector map will always read "Unknown" its a limitation of the way the game is coded.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 15:09

But, in 1.4.03, my Unknown changed into Teladi, and when BurnIt! won, into Boron. Now in 2.0.02, I bought the sector from BurnIt! and it changed to Unknown during the auction. So, for me, the race of that sector has changed during the game. Contradicts your explanation.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 15:54

jlehtone wrote:But, in 1.4.03, my Unknown changed into Teladi, and when BurnIt! won, into Boron. Now in 2.0.02, I bought the sector from BurnIt! and it changed to Unknown during the auction. So, for me, the race of that sector has changed during the game. Contradicts your explanation.
LOL you're right, i never noticed that behavior. i vaguely remember that the player isn't considered part of any race, so is actually "unknown" maybe that's what the issue is?

i still think it's a limitation of the way the game is coded.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”