Nividium and Hurricane Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mcsquared
x3tc

Nividium and Hurricane Missiles

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 00:01

Does anyone know where you can sell Nividium, I got some left over from the Bala Gi missions?

Does anyone know where there are any Hurricane Missile factories; I've been all over the place and have yet to find any?

gunman127
x4

Post by gunman127 » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 00:04

If you feel like reverse engineering then building Kha'ak ships, kep it 'cos you'll need it!

If not, shove it in a disposable ship and flog the lot at a shipyard.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Nividium and Hurricane Missiles

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 01:53

mcsquared wrote:Does anyone know where you can sell Nividium, I got some left over from the Bala Gi missions?
There are several Paranid Trading Docks and Space Jewelries that buy Nividium. The former for ~16K each, the latter ~20K each. There's at least one Teladi Trading Station that also buys it. It's a bit more work, but you can get quite a bit more per unit than by using gunman127's method.
Does anyone know where there are any Hurricane Missile factories; I've been all over the place and have yet to find any?
There are no Hurricane missile factories in the game. Just like there are no Disruptor or Hammerhead factories. Sorry.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

djkaos
x2

Post by djkaos » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 02:08

There was a Nividium Demand Increase script going around, but i can't seem to find it at the moment

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 17:14

Nanook wrote:
There are several Paranid Trading Docks and Space Jewelries that buy Nividium. The former for ~16K each, the latter ~20K each. There's at least one Teladi Trading Station that also buys it. It's a bit more work, but you can get quite a bit more per unit than by using gunman127's method.

You wouldn't happen to know in what sectors these are?

gunman127
x4

Post by gunman127 » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 17:38

I was tempted to mention the Space Jewelry Fabs in my first reply, but I honestly have not found any of them that want Nividium in X3!

X2 had 3 or 4 that did, but they've all changed in X3.

Martin Logan
x3

Lol

Post by Martin Logan » Fri, 22. Dec 06, 20:17

Well if you can build khaak ships with it id do that and use them to invade a xenon sector :twisted:

Wesley Koch
x3

Post by Wesley Koch » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 22:30

YES!!! A huricane missile factory Exists!
The first Split sektor under profitabler minen (Family Whi -
go through the east gate and down to the bottom) has a
Special Weapon factory, only it does not sell projectile cannons
and ionen disrupters........

About nVidium. Have 3 sektors where I mine. Each sektor 4 Kaiman
collectors. AT Baron shipyard permanant 4 small Dolphins.
My Elephant does the collekting from Kaiman`s..........

I THINK THE PROGRAMMERS HAS INCLUDED QUITE A FEW
GAME SECRETS THAT EVEN THEY WONT SPEAK ABOUT:

YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE THE ABILLITY TO THINK LOGIC!!!

try thinking like a xenon.

search light
x3

Post by search light » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 22:43

mcsquared you can sell nvidium at the the paranid trading dock in pontifex realm and the anarchy port in loomanstraks legacy.
A beacon in a world of darkness

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 23:26

The Trading Dock in PTNI (Profit-Guild of the Teladi Nividium Industry ;)) HQ is another possibility.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 03:20

I found the PTNI one and also one at Mines of Fortune. I don't know if these stations buy Nividium because I know there are different locations in various peoples' games for Tempest Missile factories. I will check out all of the above.

NOTE: Does anyone know where a Hornet Missile factory is located. I remember seeing only one but can't recall where it's at.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 03:28

I am not sure if there are any Hornet Fabs exactly but there are a few High Yield Complexes that sell Firestorms and Hornets.

Sakurabisu
x3tc

Post by Sakurabisu » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 03:34

I'm at a loss as to why you'd want to use Hornet Missiles over other kinds, but if you really want, then pay the Paranid a visit in their Prime sector.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 03:58

I hope to be buying an Argon Titan and doing some Xenon sector cleaning soon. I thought that the Hornets would come in handy in case of a run in with a Kraak Destroyer. What other type of missile to you recommend against a Destroyer?

I had one very lucky but very expensive kill of a Kraak Destroyer using Hornets and other stuff while flying my M7. Got it in the rear; took about five "saved" game redoes, and I still had to be real lucky. By exzpensive I mean it cost a LOT of missiles to take it down, so much that I won't try it again with a M7.

By the way does anyone know where you can sell some Kraak weaponry (left over from the battle).

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 04:51

I heard Typhoon Missiles are better if you are going to take the missile route. Personally I buy a Split Elephant (TL) and put Beta PPCs on the rear turrets. Beta PPC's outrange the Khaak beam weapons by about .6 KM. You just get the KM1/2 to follow you just out side of their range (try to match speeds with them) and slowly work them down. It will cost you about 20-22mil but if you got a titan then you probably don't care about a tiny 22mil.
If an Equipment Dock does not normally carry a weapon/missile/shield then you can sell an infinite amout to them. Since I have yet to find a ED that carries Kyons, you can pretty much go anywhere.

Sakurabisu
x3tc

Post by Sakurabisu » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 04:53

X3's Hornet is very different to X2s. If you want to take out a Capital ship, Firestorms and Hammerheads are what you need, along with Tornado Missiles to act as a distraction.

Any equipment dock will buy any equipment, although they'll only buy limited amounts of the wares they normally sell.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 08:44

Very good suggestions. I got a Split Elephant, tried a little experiment with it, had to go back to a "saved game" because it got to close to the Destroyer. I didn't know about the range advantage but will put it to good use.

I believe Hammerheads are the "Unknown Object." Any ideas on where to get Firestorms and Tornado missiles?

P.S. I have about 73 million credits. I had to go back about a full week because I tried the "build the Trade Station and reverse engineer the M7" route unsuccessfully. I had 99% of the M7 built, had poured millions of credits into it and the Trade Station would not complete the ship even though I had provided all and more than enough resources! I went back in my "saved games" to BEFORE the M7 was "reverse engineered" and destroyed and have played to this point. In my PERSONAL opinion, the cost of the station and building an M7 I already had was too much! By not wasting the credits doing that, I will soon be able to buy an M2, start sector clearing and picking up lots of loot. Then maybe I'll build the Trade Station!

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 10:17

Firestorms are bought at "High Yield Missile Complexes" (Paranid Prime and Herron's Nebula) or a factory could be bought from Omycron Lyrae (10.95 Mil)

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 17:45

Thanks folks; you'all make this a great forum!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 28. Dec 06, 18:06

Typhoons are awesome. They're the only missile I use when playing in Xenon sectors. I just circle the J/K just out of range of the flaks, and spam the hell out of it with Typhoons. The ship will take a beating as it can't track shoot down all the indiviual warheads (8 per missile).

It sounds pretty cool too when 30 or 40 of them slam into the ship. :)

A tactic of mine is to spam a J/K with Typhoons, then sneak in a Firestorm Torp or a hammerhead. Usually, the guns will be fixed on the swarming Typhoons and the big boy will slam into it's hull. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”